Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,817,252 times

Advertisements

Blood and murder!
Gotta love it.

Moderator cut: Inappropriate language for the forum in video -- link removed

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-04-2010 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Removed video link

Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times
Its funny how topics started on one thread end up catching fire on another thread... while this one has gone silent... the thread about "is it cool to live in the hood' has caught steam discussing pretty much the same topics we were last debating about over here...

On a completely unrelated topic... just wondering for anyone that lives in Brooklyn or even in the Bronx. Is the gang "LDC- Locos De la Calle" anywhere over there? They're really picking up as the main mexican/central american gang over by the boarder of Ridgewood into Bushwick and their spreading deeper into both areas and I even saw their sign in Maspeth though I doubt that they live over there, so im just wondering if this is a group that is just around here or if its in other parts of NYC as well...

Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 AM

556 posts, read 1,446,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Its funny how topics started on one thread end up catching fire on another thread... while this one has gone silent... the thread about "is it cool to live in the hood' has caught steam discussing pretty much the same topics we were last debating about over here...

On a completely unrelated topic... just wondering for anyone that lives in Brooklyn or even in the Bronx. Is the gang "LDC- Locos De la Calle" anywhere over there? They're really picking up as the main mexican/central american gang over by the boarder of Ridgewood into Bushwick and their spreading deeper into both areas and I even saw their sign in Maspeth though I doubt that they live over there, so im just wondering if this is a group that is just around here or if its in other parts of NYC as well...
Havent noticed any tags over her..seen some Vatos Locos and MS-13, which i s funny because they were on LI before they came to the Bronx...ahhh plenty of interesting interactions with them out there LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM

556 posts, read 1,446,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
True dat Westbury..thanks for the reminder. Speaking of crime...in good 'ol Mott Haven, I was walking off the train and greeted with 25 cop cars racing to the center of the block, 70 cops, and some poor dude trying to run for his life. Dunno what went down..but it was quite a scene. It was over in about 5 minutes, but I don't understand why soooo many cops were there.The actual arrest was uneventful...a gun must have been involved in some way.
I think its a tatic to discourage others from making a bigger scene, or if one happens, at least having enough officers on hand. Not to long ago I got hit and run by a hicked out dominican(SMH) and he ran from me, leading me all over the Bx. I pulled over to some cops responding to something happening in a parking lot, and by the time i got out of my car there were about 10 more cop cars that showed up. My gf said the same thing you did, but you could see people looking to get in the commotion but turn away when they other cops flew in.

The most ive seen were something like 90-100 Cop cars(NCPD so one cop to a car mostly) for a huge gang-fight btwn Bloods and (crips, MS-13 or w/e) in the Roosevelt Raceway movie theater. A friends cousin was inside of a movie AvP2 or something, when one group jumped over innocent movie goes down to the other groups rows. Allegedly there where other memebers outside in the parking lot as well, who also started a ruckus outside.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times
@ Sobroguy's comment can you provide the statistics for 93' cause I thought that 1990 was the year with the most homicides on record with something like 2,290 and then it began dropping from that year on. Still your point stands, not really disagreeing just thought that it was a different year...

@ westbury yea the MS-13's that are real are no joke. There's alot of wannabe's out there though because of the notoriety for that gang. I remember in the school that I used to teach at in John Adams almost half the hispanics that weren't Puertorican or dominican claimed they were MS and would start problems all the time but were more bark than bite. I think the worst really is out in Cali and maybe LI, I dont venture out there too often. In Brooklyn and Queens for the most part, they're pretty tame.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
I dunno....I thought it was '93 maybe it was '90..it was all the same in the early 90s = really bad.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM

674 posts, read 1,814,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
This is nothing new...you must not be familiar much with NYC. There was a time not long ago where that would be a slow day. I believe we had about 2,400 murders in 1993, which breaks down to about 7 murders a day (rounded from 6.5). We are now averaging about 1.3 murders a day..and 70% of these murders are directly drug related.
Aas I remember no one was talking about 1993.....YES......WE GET IT THE 90's WERE BAD (MOST OF US WERE THERE)

Whats important now is how crime has been up recently.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
If we are talking about crime we should always look back at history which oftentimes mimicks current events. What's important is the fact that crime is still below 2008, 2001, 1995, and 1990, although higher than 2009 (the all time record low). Cause for concern? Not yet...not by a long shot.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:00 PM

157 posts, read 394,885 times
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ics/cscity.pdf

latest crime stats out. Brooklyn took the cake last week with 8 murders! A little more than a murder a day. East New York had 3 which means the 75th precinct is at 26 homicides so far this year. Crime in North Brooklyn has climbed significantly these last two and a half to three weeks. However, only 1 murder for the bad ol bronx

Old 10-12-2010, 09:06 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,053,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGED View Post
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ics/cscity.pdf

latest crime stats out. Brooklyn took the cake last week with 8 murders! A little more than a murder a day. East New York had 3 which means the 75th precinct is at 26 homicides so far this year. Crime in North Brooklyn has climbed significantly these last two and a half to three weeks. However, only 1 murder for the bad ol bronx
Brooklyn finally steps up..

You do know the Bronx had a 50% increase in murder a while back right? It's unsustainable. It was only natural for it to come back down. Yet, it's still up 16% from last year. Relax Killa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City