Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times

Advertisements

LMBO ODEEE @ supermario. You seriously spent alot of time on this and I do hear what you're saying and its probably true that wash heights dykeman, and certain areas of the bronx are dominated by Dominicans but i'll put it to you in relative percentages to show you that I think you are underestimating the number of Dominicans in NY...

Lets say Wash Heights reasonably is 80% Dominican by far the Highest Percentage. Dykeman is around 50% and areas of the Bronx that are have a high concentration of Dominicans also have a sizable amount of other hispanic groups and Black people as well so the numbers in the Bronx would dip to lets say a little less than 50% (still a huge part of an area but not the only group there).

In Bushwick, even though theres alot of Mexicans/Ecuadorians and PuertoRicans, Dominicans by far outweigh them and in Ridgewood as well. (I think in Bushwick the number would be around 30-35% Dominican and in Ridgewood 20-25% dominican and these are not tiny towns but towns of over 100,000 people just to give you an idea of how many dominicans their are around here.

In East NY and Corona there presence if felt even more stronger. Although East NY is majority black, the main Hispanic group over there is Dominican and id say easily they account for 30% (easily) of the neighborhood. And in Corona about 50% are Dominican. There are areas in Corona that really look like little DR. Dominicans have spread throughout the different boroughs and its not just in the Bronx or Manhattan anymore...

Old 11-18-2010, 03:17 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
LMBO ODEEE @ supermario. You seriously spent alot of time on this and I do hear what you're saying and its probably true that wash heights dykeman, and certain areas of the bronx are dominated by Dominicans but i'll put it to you in relative percentages to show you that I think you are underestimating the number of Dominicans in NY...

Lets say Wash Heights reasonably is 80% Dominican by far the Highest Percentage. Dykeman is around 50% and areas of the Bronx that are have a high concentration of Dominicans also have a sizable amount of other hispanic groups and Black people as well so the numbers in the Bronx would dip to lets say a little less than 50% (still a huge part of an area but not the only group there).

In Bushwick, even though theres alot of Mexicans/Ecuadorians and PuertoRicans, Dominicans by far outweigh them and in Ridgewood as well. (I think in Bushwick the number would be around 30-35% Dominican and in Ridgewood 20-25% dominican and these are not tiny towns but towns of over 100,000 people just to give you an idea of how many dominicans their are around here.

In East NY and Corona there presence if felt even more stronger. Although East NY is majority black, the main Hispanic group over there is Dominican and id say easily they account for 30% (easily) of the neighborhood. And in Corona about 50% are Dominican. There are areas in Corona that really look like little DR. Dominicans have spread throughout the different boroughs and its not just in the Bronx or Manhattan anymore...
First..I think Inwood (Dyckman, 207th, 204th, Academy etc) Is way more than 50% Dominican...It's atleast 80%. Most people would tell you (lower) Inwood is more Dominican than Wash Heights...I tend to agree. In WH you see Mexicans in the 150's, Blacks in the early 160's, and whites around the hospital. Don't forget the Jews around Yeshiva University and all the whites west of Broadway. In contrast to Inwood, where you have a few blacks in the projects and the few whites west of Broadway. So I'd say Washington Height is more 75% Dominican and Inwood about 80%.

West Harlem about 60%...

The West BX I agree with you there is a decent size pop of Blacks and Puerto Ricans but I'd say Dominicans make up about 50%.

But Im curious...I tought there were more Ricans in Bushwick than Dominicans?

I don't know man...I been to Corona and all I see are Mexicans. Especially by the train. To me Uptown and the Bronx is where you get dominated by Dominicans.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 PM

500 posts, read 2,859,732 times
This guy has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time to kill! :-)

Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
anywho nypd finally updates its crime report and nyc right now has 470 reported killings up from 403 at the same time last year and up 2.4 percent from 2008 at the same time. Nyc will most likely see more then 524 murders. I will go with 540 as a guess.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM

seems that southern Brooklyn is one spot that Dominicans yet have chosen to establish a sizable community.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
This guy has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time to kill! :-)
hehe

I love history!

Old 11-18-2010, 10:00 PM

The Bronx has already more homicides this year than last. It also has one more murder than northern BK Jordan lol

Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The Bronx has already more homicides this year than last. It also has one more murder than northern BK Jordan lol
lol you mean one murder less then north bk 118 vs 117 lol.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post

east new york has way more puerto ricans then Dominicans. Dominicans are mainly in cypress hills/highland park meanwhile puerto ricans are all over east new york including cypress/highland park.

when you cross the L train into east new york you will see hundreds of ricans before you see a dominican.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
east new york has way more puerto ricans then Dominicans. Dominicans are mainly in cypress hills/highland park meanwhile puerto ricans are all over east new york including cypress/highland park.

when you cross the L train into east new york you will see hundreds of ricans before you see a dominican.
This is what I tought. I been on the J line around Crescent, Cleveland, Norwood etc and that's where most of the Dominicans are.

But Pricans are in Cypress Hills and lower into ENY proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City