Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times

Advertisements

Its all in self-interest. As long as one gang has more power than another the other two are going to join to bring them back down. I remember in 07-08 when Trinitarios were all over the place in Ridgewood the Kings and Bloods joined together to fight against the Trini's. Then some trini's got killed, others were wounded bad, others moved out cause of the problems and then Kings became the #1 crew in Ridgewood so then recently Bloods joined up with the Trinis to hold down the Kings. Theres no loyalty between crews, bad people will stab their "friends" in the back in a second. And i agree with Sobroguy, gangs are completely ignorant and spineless. A man doesnt need a gang for protection...

Old 11-18-2010, 10:06 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,053,361 times
Over here it's a similar deal. My immediate area is saturated by Trinitarios. But the BLOODS in NYC, also originated in my neighborhood (One-eight-trey). I'm not sure if the original bloods are still around but I remember an incident in which Trinis & Bloods got together and slashed up a few kings. I think Kings & DDP are together over here to combat the larger threat. But the Bronx has the most Dominicans than anywhere so chances are Patria will be running the show for years to come.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
If only people had as much of an interest in real knowledge instead of pointless gang trivia, the world would be a different place.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times
@ Sobroguy its not so much keeping yourself knowledgeable about whats going on in your neighborhood thats the problem, the problem is having the thugs out there actually act out on their ignorant impluses. You say yourself that we should keep ourself knowledgeable about the city and all the wonderful things about it. If thats true then we should do the same even moreso for the opposite so that way we are aware of what areas to avoid and at what times...

@ Supermario Dominicans are all over the place bro...lol. Not just the Bronx. In NYC they are the largest Hispanic minority and they/re concentrated pretty much all over the place. In Manhattan their in Wash Heights, Dykeman, Spanish Harlem, LES... etc. In the Bronx theres a sizable group in the North and South sides. In Brooklyn their in Bushwick, Southside Williamsburg by "Los Sures" and East NY and in Queens they dominate in Corona and there's a good number of them in Ridgewood.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 PM

I can understand that anon.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Sobroguy its not so much keeping yourself knowledgeable about whats going on in your neighborhood thats the problem, the problem is having the thugs out there actually act out on their ignorant impluses. You say yourself that we should keep ourself knowledgeable about the city and all the wonderful things about it. If thats true then we should do the same even moreso for the opposite so that way we are aware of what areas to avoid and at what times...

@ Supermario Dominicans are all over the place bro...lol. Not just the Bronx. In NYC they are the largest Hispanic minority and they/re concentrated pretty much all over the place. In Manhattan their in Wash Heights, Dykeman, Spanish Harlem, LES... etc. In the Bronx theres a sizable group in the North and South sides. In Brooklyn their in Bushwick, Southside Williamsburg by "Los Sures" and East NY and in Queens they dominate in Corona and there's a good number of them in Ridgewood.
They're everywhere but you can't compare Dominicans from Uptown (Washington Heights, Inwood, and West Harlem) and the West Bronx (Not north and south bx) to anywhere else in the city. This is the motherland. Those Uptown and West Bronx neighborhoods have the highest concentration of dominicans in the city, in an enormous area to boot.

They may be in those other places too, but they're not necessarily the majority. Come uptown and cross the bridges into the BX and you realize how dominant Dominicans are up here.

To be honest, I don't view DR's anywhere else in the city as pure. To be of pure blood, you have to be from Uptown & BX. If there was ever a war between nationalities, the capital of the Dominicans would be concentrated here.

Do you get my point or am I underestimating Dominican population (majority wise) elsewhere in the city?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM

It's like this.....

Dominican neighborhoods are the Roman Empire. Washington Heights is the capital city of Rome. You have Wash Heights & Inwood being Italy and West Harlem being Greece with the west Bronx being Gaul...I'd put northwest BX (Kingsbridge, Bedford Park, Norwood) as powerful Spain. These are the most powerful and roman provinces in the empire.

The LES since it's in Manhattan can be Britain...which is a litle seperate but powerful in it's own right.

I see everything else like the eastern empire. Southside being Turkey, Bushwick/Ridgewood is Syria, East NY is Armenia, Corona is Egypt...all part of the Dominican Empire (Roman Empire) but not as Roman as the other areas centered around the capital.

To sum it up:

Uptown Manhattan = Italy
West Harlem = Greece
West Bronx = Gaul
North West Bronx= Spain
LES = Britain
----------------------------
Southside BK = Turkey
Bushwick/Ridgewood = Syria
East New York = Armenia
Corona = Egypt

So I'm bsaically telling you that if we split the empire into East/West (in this case north/south....I believe Southside BK is the center of Dominicans elsewhere (like Constantinople aka Turkey was capital of East).

I think the southern Bronx should belong somewhere to the east. There is a growing DR pop but too many Ricans/blacks to be of pure blood.

Get it now?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM

You have spent alot of time thinking about this Supermario.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You have spent alot of time thinking about this Supermario.
Lmaoo ...it makes sense though doesn't it?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:15 PM

I guess. With that mentality you should play the games Stratego and Risk...you would like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City