Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
well 46 got sedgewick houses...and some rehabs scattered around on the west side...
lol You know your stuff.

But I think those large housing projects are worse than Rehabs. Even though technically they're the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
And he didn't report this?
Why are you assuming that it wasn't reported?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
lol You know your stuff.

But I think those large housing projects are worse than Rehabs. Even though technically they're the same thing.
i got fam from sedgewick i know 46 is crap...and the worst area is by weeks ave u already know what im talking about.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
As an outsider to the neighborhood, a criminal does not know if the outsider is a teacher, social worker, or some other government/city employee going about their job duties, since selecting a municipal employee for a random crime will bring unwanted police attention.
Is this true? Aside from whether a criminal would likely consider whom to select as a victim, is it true that teachers etc. are less likely be victimized because of "municipality"?

Another thing some have told me was that a black neighborhood is not as dangerous as a hispanic neighborhood, why so? Any opinions?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Is this true? Aside from whether a criminal would likely consider whom to select as a victim, is it true that teachers etc. are less likely be victimized because of "municipality"?

Another thing some have told me was that a black neighborhood is not as dangerous as a hispanic neighborhood, why so? Any opinions?
race doesnt matter class does....a poor neighborhood statistically has higher violent crime than a more prosperous one...at least in NYC

Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
[quote=SuperMario;12675788]I disagree. Even really dense neighborhoods have hot spots that would make you lose your mind. Back during the crack era for example...in my research...

The 34th precinct from 160th-168th streets and from Amsterdam to Broadway was ground zero for drugs. It was also according to many officials the most drug saturated area in the whole city. You can look up how many operation and initiatives were used in this area..it was outta control.

The 40th precinct in Mott Haven was at its worse around Beekman ave & 141 st...due to the Wild Cowboys..it was crazy what went on there..read up on them New York Magazine - Google Books ....but generally the whole precinct was crap.

The 43rd precinct in Soundview you already know Watson ave area between Wheeler and Morrison was a drug dealers dream...initiatives were taken here too...some of those name blocks were death.

The 46th precinct in Fordham had the hot area in and around E 183rd and Morris ave....either side of the concourse it was trash....putting cameras on every block couldn't stop them....there wasnt any wall space either....all murals...infamous drug area.

Hey you forgot the 47th precinct. The precinct is located in a heavly dens working class home ownership niegborhood is very hot with action espicially across the street from Edenwald projects. I remember seeing dozens of a cops run across the street into the housing projects ready to shoot on sight! That niegborhood has lots of gang activity, its a major blood stronghold and Jamaicans Posse gangs dominate the drug scene in that area. 47th precinct is the worst pricinct in the Bronx, probably on par with the ones in Brooklyn.

As for the 40th precinct which is in my area it has been bad for years even before the white flight. Its nice sometimes to talk to old timers. Two years ago an old Irish man who recently came out of prison who used to be in a niegborhood gang in the 1960s killed a Puertorican and an Italian who were in rival gangs, he did time along with a killing in prison, he told me this about two years ago. But he told me during his day when mott haven was Irish and Italian taht the 40th was a notorious and a feared place to be, that Italian, Irish and Puerto Rican gangs always had confratations with the cops. The old man was in a gang called the IRish Knights, suprisngly his family never left Mott Haven.

Intresting information from wikipedia that word pig for cop was coined around the 40th precient during that time frame.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 PM

47th precinct in the bronx supermario resembles 75th in eny in looks

Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 PM

I don't think the 47th is the worst precinct in the Bronx. Not even close. The area of White Plains Road is trash and it's one of the worst areas in the Bronx but I can't place the entire precinct under that umbrella. Other Bronx precincts have more area that is gutter. Basing this on the last crime map I saw...

40th, 41st, 42nd

48th

44th, 46th, 52nd

43rd, 47th

49th

45th, 50th

Those were the crime rate groupings. The precincts on the same line were of the same color shade.

Shout out to the 52nd precinct ...194th-196th area ...another drug bazarrr.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 PM

oh god those blocks are hell in the 52....decatur valentine briggs marion...ugh...now u wanna talk ghetto look no further than there....drug city.....47 isnt as bad as looks but it gotta be up there sorry its a lot of gangs up there and the projects they do have are among the worst in the bronx

Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
oh god those blocks are hell in the 52....decatur valentine briggs marion...ugh...now u wanna talk ghetto look no further than there....drug city.....47 isnt as bad as looks but it gotta be up there sorry its a lot of gangs up there and the projects they do have are among the worst in the bronx
Hell yea....there are crackheads walking around 24/7 on 196th and Valentine. Those blocks are the prototype Bronx ghetto IMO.

194th reminds me alot of 183rd.

E Kingsbridge rd with Morris & Creston is another mess.

As for the 47th....yea it has bad projects and its terrible under the elevated. But I been around the homes and they arent that terrible. But I wouldn't call it safe by any means.

How would you rank the precincts in terms of crime? It's hard for me to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City