Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are home prices going to fall of rise?
You feel it is a buyers market and the home prices over the next year will FALL by 0-5% 12 17.39%
You feel it is a buyers market and the home prices over the next year will FALL by 5.1-10% 12 17.39%
You feel it is a buyers market and the home prices over the next year will FALL by 10.1-15% 5 7.25%
You feel it is a buyers market and the home prices over the next year will FALL by 15.1+ 5 7.25%
You feel that the market over the next year will NEITHER FALL OR RISE but rather STABILIZE. 25 36.23%
You feel it is a sellers market and the home prices over the next year will INCREASE by 0-5% 5 7.25%
You feel it is a sellers market and the home prices over the next year will INCREASE by 5.1-10% 1 1.45%
ou feel it is a sellers market and the home prices over the next year will INCREASE by 10.1-15% 2 2.90%
You feel it is a sellers market and the home prices over the next year will INCREASE by 15.1+ 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 PM

202 posts, read 470,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Thanks NYTom my thoughts exactly!
I know you are still selling your home... I bet I'll be saying the same thing again in three months. In the boonies and wants the world. I invite you to unsubscribe to the thread since you are so unhappy!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM

guess what? its over and for all of those out there who defaulted on your home loans or are about to. Bad for you! great for me. I stood patiently on the sideline ready to purchase a home for over two years now but did not. i refused to pay this much for a home. Its insane. For all of you stupid buyers out there who got themselves over thier heads and signed on a ARM or other teaser loan all I have to say is that I'm glad that there are stupid people out there like you, otherwise the market would go sideways and never go up or down... No one is gona cry for you but I for one will be right there to crack a smile

Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM

253 posts, read 1,274,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by house-hunter View Post
guess what? its over and for all of those out there who defaulted on your home loans or are about to. Bad for you! great for me. I stood patiently on the sideline ready to purchase a home for over two years now but did not. i refused to pay this much for a home. Its insane. For all of you stupid buyers out there who got themselves over thier heads and signed on a ARM or other teaser loan all I have to say is that I'm glad that there are stupid people out there like you, otherwise the market would go sideways and never go up or down... No one is gona cry for you but I for one will be right there to crack a smile
I agree with you overall.. however the housing market is SUPPOSED to go sideways. Other than specific scenarios .. like a HOT HOT LOCALE that everyone wants to own property in cause its the latest greatest... but then these people represent... oh about 0-.00001% of the normal population. Rich people dont take out loans at all... and if rich people are throwing down serious cash for your house that you are walking away with 500% what you paid .. you never would have been able to live there in the first place. (other that in our outta whack,now burst, idiotic housing bubble)

Housing has historically, and always will , follow income levels. There is no way around that very very basic fact. Everyone has to live somewhere. You can sink $20,000,000 into your house it doesnt matter what you put into it, or where it is.. if no one is making that kinda cash, you'll either take a massive loss, or it'll never sell. I love the Buffalo #s. Median household income wiothin the city here is $24k/year -- Median home price within the city? Oh my, what a shock: $60k. That old conservative 1/3 income to mortgage ratio right there in black and white

This is the only reason housing is supposed to be a good investment... not cause its a ****in ATM machine, but because, it will - by nature, follow incomes and/or inflation. (UP or DOWN)

[Not to mention even the most historically expensive areas e.g the state of California, are only 1/6 or thereabout... were off in the ****in stratosphere nowadays...]

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
House hunter, You inquired about my house for your brother and said it was to much and a "jallop"" without even seeing it. It is beyond me how someone would wait to cash in on someone else that is in a difficult time. Why don't you get a job that pays more or an additional job so you can afford a house on Long Island?I truly do not think I am unhappy one, because rather than cash in on someones misfortune I would try to help them. Now, why don't you unsubscribe and check the want ads. I offered my house on this forum before I even was going to list it fsbo, but due to personal reasons we decided against it.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
House hunter, You inquired about my house for your brother and said it was to much and a "jallop"" without even seeing it. It is beyond me how someone would wait to cash in on someone else that is in a difficult time. Why don't you get a job that pays more or an additional job so you can afford a house on Long Island?I truly do not think I am unhappy one, because rather than cash in on someones misfortune I would try to help them. Now, why don't you unsubscribe and check the want ads. I offered my house on this forum before I even was going to list it fsbo, but due to personal reasons we decided against it.
what happened to you are a know it all and I have nothing further to say to you??? he he. apparently I hit a sensitive nerve. Remember its not what you get paid its what you do that defines how many brain cells you have.

as for your home... I never said it was a jallopy... what I said is that I could buy a brand new home for the same price as what you are trying to sell your home for. so why in the right mind would anyone want to buy an old home? give me a break! You'll still be on the market for another six months or indefinitely with that attitude. BUT, I really want to thank you and please don't do a thing differently. You are helping out the situation. In fact, please raise your price on your home. It will only help bring this insanity of a real estate market down to its knees in no time at all. BTW, I personally will never live on long island even if you pay me to live in your house. I hate the traffic and density.

oh and one more thing I have no remorse for stupid buyers who WILL or HAVE already defaulted. They made the decision to buy at all time highs. That's their mistake. AND someones mistake is another's benefit. I will be right there when its time to benefit from my patients.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but unless you correct your attitude you will be living in your beautiful home for the rest of your life. now who is unhappy?

and to NYtom
Let this thread die a natural death already. It's played out!

NEVER, not until the home prices take a deep dive. I know that you are an investor (read his posts) and it must really stink to see that all of your investments are going down the toilet. Don't blame me... blame each and every (dare I say) real estate investor, Realtor, banker, mortgage broker and seller out there who for the past seven years has though that there is no end to the price increases of their home. makes me laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York