Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
1. It was a line with nobody - no people in it and I was already waiting in another line.

2. I went up to the line with my 25 items in a 15 item line, not exactly a federal offense.

3. She started it by telling me "I was rude" for commenting on how slow the other lines were.

4. She didn't like it when I said that "Maybe I think it's rude for the lines to move so slow."

5. That's when she got pissy and called her head cashier to take over. Someone called her out for acting like a crappy female and she got challenged. Boo hoo.

6. It was only after she started stomping off that I started heckling her and told her to grow up.

Furthermore

1. The other cashiers at the store let me go through the laneall the time.

2. The manager even said it was no big deal for the amount of items I had. If my cart was loaded it would have been a different story.

What don't you get about this? You are not being a "dickweed" when you stand up for yourself. In my opinion, you are a dickweed when you sit there and take this crap from a rude teenager.
Oh, the utter irony!!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Furthermore

1. The other cashiers at the store let me go through the laneall the time.
They were kind and accommodated you. Doesn't make YOUR choice right.

Here's a clue about human relationships: Ethical decisions matter, big and small. If you can't even be bothered to do the right thing at this level (15 items or less), then you can't be trusted to do the ethical thing on any level.

When you live in a world with other humans, YOU ALONE don't get to decide what rules work and what rules don't.

Deal with it, or spend your life taking your frustration out on teenage clerks. What a man.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No they don't.

I have a story in which the SENSITIVE Seattleites TRIED to put me in my place. I was at the Bellevue WA post office in line, right after work, wearing a suit and looking clean cut (btw I do not look ethnic). I was at the front of the line. The postal worker was Hispanic, probably Puerto Rican because of the subtle NY accent. At his window was a lady with a little boy about a year old. She put his rump on the counter while she conducted her transaction. She then had to reach in to her purse to get the money, which meant taking one hand off her baby. She asked the postal worker if he could put his hand on the little boy's shoulder, to stabilize him, while she got out her money.

I thought the whole thing had Norman Rockwell quality. I blurted out "Tell her that's not in your job description." Hispanic postal worker smiles. Lady looks a little embarrassed and smiled. A few people in line behind me chuckle. HOWEVER, a late 50s, well dressed and groomed Stepford wife of Bellevue decides to put her two cents in.

She: "Are you from California?"
Me: "Yes, why?"
She: "That sounds like something they'd say down there."
Me: "Thank the transplants for raising the bar and diluting the inbred look of the locals."

She wasn't prepared to hear that, I'm sure. I was thinking to myself "Lady, you're a beech, you've probably never done a hard day's work in your life, you've hit the wall and a plastic surgeon has got you glued together, and your elitism doesn't impress me."

Most everyone I tell this story to thinks I was totally in the right, from the well-timed smart-alecky comment to being snide to "ex Miss Minnesota." A few people have taken the position that I was wrong. Those are the namby-pamby people. At any rate, after that prevailing vibe, we coined the term BAP - Bellevue American Princess.
Well, it sounds like you were being funny - not harassing someone. I think there's a big difference.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
This young cashier says to me, "Just for future reference sir, this is an express lane."
If you had simply responded "O.K." at that point you would have been out of the store in no time. I guess you really weren't in that much in a hurry after all and preferred the drama. Bully behavior in my opinion.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
If you had simply responded "O.K." at that point you would have been out of the store in no time. I guess you really weren't in that much in a hurry after all and preferred the drama. Bully behavior in my opinion.
LMAO. What don't you get about the fact that she called me rude for commenting on how slow the other lines were? What don't you get about the fact that after I called her one it she got all pissy and stomped off?

That is only bullying or harassment if your're some thin-skinned weakling who crumples up and dies whenever something doesn't go away.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
About once a year I go off on a customer service type. I didn't go off on anybody today, I just heckled.

I was at Kroger (a supermarket for those who don't know) this afternoon and the lines were all backed up. I had too many coupons for the self-service lanes, and the express lane was empty so I switched lines and went there.

This young cashier says to me, "Just for future reference sir, this is an express lane."

I said, "I know that but your lines are moving slow and this line was empty."

She said, "Well, you didn't have to say that sir. That's rude." (It was nothing of the sort.)

So I said, "Well, I think it's rude when your lines move too slow."

She got in a huff and called her head cashier to take over pointing at me. She started stomping off to the break room I guess. As she was stomping off I started heckling her, in a loud voice. I said, "What a cry baby!" a couple of times, followed by, "Why don't you grow up, would ya?"

The idiot behind me said something to me about how he doesn't like this stuff and just wants to get out of there. So that set me off even more and I called the manager over and told him what happened. I pointed at the idiot behind me again and how he was blaming me for what happened. The manager apologized and I said, you don't have to say you're sorry just tell your people to be nicer to their customers. It's not the end of the world because someone went through the express lane with too many (but not an obscene amount) items.

Okay ... open for comments.
Uhhh.... were you having a bad day?

Why did you feel the need to cause trouble?

I wouldn't call it a human relationship story, I would call it a troublemaker story.

Why don't you stay with 7-11, where there is only one line?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
LMAO. What don't you get about the fact that she called me rude for commenting on how slow the other lines were?
And that justifies you being confrontational back?? So much for taking the mature, high road.

"An eye for an eye" makes the whole world blind. --Ghandi

Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uhhh.... were you having a bad day?

Why did you feel the need to cause trouble?
I don't understand why you people are such weaklings and won't stand up for yourselves? I literally said two things and she stomps off like a crybaby. She deserved to get heckled.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
I don't understand why you people are such weaklings and won't stand up for yourselves? I literally said two things and she stomps off like a crybaby. She deserved to get heckled.
How were you "standing up for yourself"?

You caused the situation by walking into the express lane which are meant for people with few items.

You caused the issue, and escalated it, all by yourself.

Are you an anti-social type?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
The OP is a jerk and I would have gone off on him for getting in the fast lane with too many items. Also a jerk for yelling after the clerk and for complaining to the manager. Entitled boor.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.