Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

I'm embarrassed for you. I can't imagine an adult acting like that.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
You are the customer. You were right not to be happy with her. I would have just addressed the issue with the manager after she walked off. You chose to heckle. But I don't judge you just because you chose to do it your way. There was a time when these sorts of issues were very rare with customer service people (70's and 80's). Yes, I'm over 50. I remember the good old days. They were not paid a lot in those days either, but they cared about the customer. I am lucky to live in an area where they don't care if you have more than the minimum items. I have seen people in front of me exceeding it by as many as ten items. The people posting should be complimenting you for wanting to be treated right at the grocery store. I have been fortunate. People at our grocery stores have been good to me. A few of the fast food places are a different story.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
Wow, a real "man" when you have to pick on a girl who is working and just wants to make a living. Do you pick on random people in public? I would guess you do not because you are a bully.

You remind me of George Zimmerman, chose to engage someone in conflict and when they actually stand up to you, you end up crying foul and saying you were the victim.

You are pathetic, find something better to do with your time than harass people who are working.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 AM

333 posts, read 310,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
The OP is a jerk and I would have gone off on him for getting in the fast lane with too many items. Also a jerk for yelling after the clerk and for complaining to the manager. Entitled boor.
You people tend to be more thin skinned on this board than other boards. I posted the same question on my local boards and two thirds of the people are giving me a thumbs up. Like I said, we Europeans don't take crap.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I think that you overacted and deserve to have somebody put you in your place.
See previous post. That's not real life. When someone runs off in a huff over less than a dozen words I said, you bet she gets called out on it. You can call that being a jerk but we European types call it not letting ourselves get pushed around.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm embarrassed for you. I can't imagine an adult acting like that.
This. And the OP, contrary to what he claims, wasn't "standing up for himself". He was being a jerk, pure and simple. "Entitled boor", as someone else called him, is a term that is for someone with a great deal more class, style, and, yes, cojones, than he has described himself as having.

After all, a real man (a) wouldn't find it necessary to use the lane that is clearly marked as the express lane and the other cashiers wouldn't have let him do it because it would never have occurred to him to go in that lane in the first place and (b) certainly wouldn't think it was "hilarious" to heckle a cashier in a store. That's the act of compensation for being a weakling, pure and simple - unfortunately, when someone does it, the compensation fails completely because it's so obvious to everyone what's going on.

Chances are that young lady pointed out to you that it was the express lane because customers had complained that self-entitled jerks were going through the express lane when civilized people (not sheep, adults, there's a big difference) were waiting their turn and she was supposed to do so. Unfortunately, the very people that need to have that pointed out to them sometimes are the kind of childish jerk the OP has demonstrated himself to be based on his posts in this thread.

The cashier did only one thing wrong. She rang you up and reminded you it was the express lane. She should have simply directed you to the other lanes and called security if you made an issue of it instead of ringing you up.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"Immature" describes the OP to a tee.

The OP called the clerk a crybaby.

I think that Mr. Freud would have something to say about that.
LMAO . I am in my 40's ... to best describe my worldview, here is Danny DeVito describing authentic Italians in "Get Shorty":

=============

MARTIN - A few weeks before shooting, I went back to Bensonhurst, just to listen to you guys. See, I'm Italian, but I grew up in Tarzana. So I wanted to pick up your rhythms of speech.

CHILI - We talk different?

MARTIN - It's more like your attitude. Your tone, your speech patterns demonstrate a certain confidence in yourselves, in your opinions, your indifference to conventional views.

CHILI - You mean like we don't give a sh^t.

MARTIN - Yeah. Kinda.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
You people tend to be more thin skinned on this board than other boards. I posted the same question on my local boards and two thirds of the people are giving me a thumbs up. Like I said, we Europeans don't take crap.
Well, I suspect that most of us, Europeans included, don't have such fragile egos as you seem to have.

I can imagine you behind the wheel of a car. Experience road rage much?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
This. And the OP, contrary to what he claims, wasn't "standing up for himself". He was being a jerk, pure and simple. "Entitled boor", as someone else called him, is a term that is for someone with a great deal more class, style, and, yes, cojones, than he has described himself as having.
Like I said, you people here tend to be more thin-skinned than other boards I've been on. I also posted this on a local board. Let me share some positive comments from where I come from:

1. ... you were completely in the right with what you did. My Kroger's express lane has a sign that says "about 15 items". I have worked as a cashier, including the express lane, and only got pissed when someone came through with hundreds of dollars worth of groceries. The amount you had, no big whip. Krogers customer service has gone waaaay downhill.

2. LMAO I just wish I had been there to see the whole thing. ... Look an employee is unprofessional or rude, they need to be called out and their supervisor made aware. Or should they lose customers because of their employees feelings?

3. This may have been the best post on here this year so far. Give it to em with both barrels!

4. Abuse? Pointing out their laziness and rudeness is now abuse? he was mild. He coukd have started to draw a circle around her and said it.was to see if she was moving or not.

5. I did that once. It was a very unique circumstance. And I've never been back to Kroger. Going there was his first mistake.

6. I don't like you, but I have to admit that I enjoyed reading this, and would have liked to watch it. In Northeast Ohio, Kroger does not exist, but this situation is common at Walmarts, and eventually they gave up on express lanes.

7. (To another poster.) Naturally you lay the blame on the wrong party. The teach that a law school I imagine... And an officer of the court admitting to the possession of criminal tools as a matter of course...

8. I arrived at a Kroger seconds before opening at 6 am and the ... in charge of opening the door was out front smoking. So I went in the small side swinging door rather than the sliders he hadn't activated. He gets all ghetto telling me I can't use that door so show him the time display on the cell phone and I said, "Pfuqq_off" as I went in.

Last edited by SevenEleven; 02-10-2013 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well, I suspect that most of us, Europeans included, don't have such fragile egos as you seem to have.

I can imagine you behind the wheel of a car. Experience road rage much?
I don't have a fragile ego at all. I'm just not shy about calling people out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.