Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:03 PM

333 posts, read 311,177 times

Advertisements

About once a year I go off on a customer service type. I didn't go off on anybody today, I just heckled.

I was at Kroger (a supermarket for those who don't know) this afternoon and the lines were all backed up. I had too many coupons for the self-service lanes, and the express lane was empty so I switched lines and went there.

This young cashier says to me, "Just for future reference sir, this is an express lane."

I said, "I know that but your lines are moving slow and this line was empty."

She said, "Well, you didn't have to say that sir. That's rude." (It was nothing of the sort.)

So I said, "Well, I think it's rude when your lines move too slow."

She got in a huff and called her head cashier to take over pointing at me. She started stomping off to the break room I guess. As she was stomping off I started heckling her, in a loud voice. I said, "What a cry baby!" a couple of times, followed by, "Why don't you grow up, would ya?"

The idiot behind me said something to me about how he doesn't like this stuff and just wants to get out of there. So that set me off even more and I called the manager over and told him what happened. I pointed at the idiot behind me again and how he was blaming me for what happened. The manager apologized and I said, you don't have to say you're sorry just tell your people to be nicer to their customers. It's not the end of the world because someone went through the express lane with too many (but not an obscene amount) items.

Okay ... open for comments.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,357,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
About once a year I go off on a customer service type. I didn't go off on anybody today, I just heckled.

I was at Kroger (a supermarket for those who don't know) this afternoon and the lines were all backed up. I had too many coupons for the self-service lanes, and the express lane was empty so I switched lines and went there.

This young cashier says to me, "Just for future reference sir, this is an express lane."

I said, "I know that but your lines are moving slow and this line was empty."

She said, "Well, you didn't have to say that sir. That's rude." (It was nothing of the sort.)

So I said, "Well, I think it's rude when your lines move too slow."

She got in a huff and called her head cashier to take over pointing at me. She started stomping off to the break room I guess. As she was stomping off I started heckling her, in a loud voice. I said, "What a cry baby!" a couple of times, followed by, "Why don't you grow up, would ya?"

The idiot behind me said something to me about how he doesn't like this stuff and just wants to get out of there. So that set me off even more and I called the manager over and told him what happened. I pointed at the idiot behind me again and how he was blaming me for what happened. The manager apologized and I said, you don't have to say you're sorry just tell your people to be nicer to their customers. It's not the end of the world because someone went through the express lane with too many (but not an obscene amount) items.

Okay ... open for comments.
Just for future reference, this is the wrong forum for this type of post.

And, based on this information, you don't sound like a pleasant person to be around

Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Just for future reference, this is the wrong forum for this type of post.

And, based on this information, you don't sound like a pleasant person to be around
I am one of the most hilarious people you will ever be around. But I don't take crap from anybody.

This does has to do with relationships, human relationships.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I am one of the most hilarious people you will ever be around. But I don't take crap from anybody.

This does has to do with relationships, human relationships.
How do you know who I will be around?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...relationships/

Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM

29,780 posts, read 34,545,989 times
For someone who claims to be a Christian-type person, this doesn't sound like a very Christian thing to have done. What would Jesus do? Probably not harrass someone making minimum wage just for kicks.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
For someone who claims to be a Christian-type person, this doesn't sound like a very Christian thing to have done. What would Jesus do? Probably not harrass someone making minimum wage just for kicks.
I don't care what Jesus would have done, some chick with an attitude isn't going to mess with me.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM

62,057 posts, read 87,760,434 times
YOUR behavior at Kroger was not cool and not hilarious at all...

Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I don't care what Jesus would have done, some chick with an attitude isn't going to mess with me.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
YOUR behavior at Kroger was not cool and not hilarious at all...
I think she overreacted and deserved to have somebody put her in her place.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:22 PM

Sounds to me like you're one of the sheeple out there who allows themselves to get walked on?

If someone mouths off to you and you're not going to mouth back, that, in PUA parlance, makes you a beta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships