Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,723 times

Advertisements

Maybe on occasion (I am female), but 99% of the time I just look straight forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,381,008 times
Nope.

Learned my lesson years ago when I accidently met eyes with some young guy at a light. He then tried to get me to roll down my windows to talk to him.

No thanks!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,600 times
^^^Something like that happened to me, but I was looking straight ahead and this guy was trying to get my attention. I thought he might be lost or something, so I rolled down my window. The first thing he said was "Why you look so evil?" Um was I supposed to be smiling at the traffic light?

I don't look over unless a driver next to me is trying to get my attention by honking or waving at me. That's happened a few times. One time a woman asked me if she could get in front of me when the light turned green. Another time somebody told me that my gas cap was off, and people have asked me for directions at red lights.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Nope.

Learned my lesson years ago when I accidently met eyes with some young guy at a light. He then tried to get me to roll down my windows to talk to him.

No thanks!
This happened to me when I lived in Smyrna, GA (outside Atlanta), except the guy tried to get me to pull over and talk to him. I told him I was flattered, but in a hurry to get to the airport (for my imaginary flight) .

Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
I do. No special reason. Guess I am nosy! What I hate is when I roll up on some guy picking his nose........wahahahahaha

Old 05-07-2013, 01:29 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,373 times
It depends, but for the most part, i mind my own business. Plus these days, looking at someone or locking eyes can be perceived as an act of aggression depending where you are.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
I am always very aware of my surroundings (former LEO) so yes,I do look..not to see what they look like as I couldn't care less,but to see what they are doing..I don't stare,just glance.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Nope.

No thanks!

I believe that's how a lot of people meet in public.....................at the red light

Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Most people have tinted windows in this city, so you can see much anyway!

One time, I looked over and there was a man, with his window rolled down, digging a finger into his nose and shouting at me: You like that? You like that?

I was so embarrassed! I had just been picking my nose at that intersection, and with my tinted windows, never did I think someone could see me picking my nose at an intersection!

Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Most people have tinted windows in this city, so you can see much anyway!

One time, I looked over and there was a man, with his window rolled down, digging a finger into his nose and shouting at me: You like that? You like that?

I was so embarrassed! I had just been picking my nose at that intersection, and with my tinted windows, never did I think someone could see me picking my nose at an intersection!
L...m..f..a..o.....I get a mental picture of this guy looking like Ron Jeremy for some unknown reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships