Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,960,133 times

Advertisements

The SO bought a house in combination with his brother & sister. As though that was already not a bad idea, the brother passed on. Now he co owns it with the sister & deceased brother's ;wifeyAnyway doe, for reasons I do not understand hubby & sister want to keep house for themselves as family property. Now what pisses me off is that my husband has to do all the work with renting out this house. Keep in mind this is a house I did not approve be bought in the first place and now my SO is too ``busy with work`` and since I lost my job`` I should try to get the house rented out``Keep in mind this a house I did not want him to buy anyways. I feel like other sibling is slacking off and now I´m being burdened. And important side note, the sibling calls me a ``gold digger`` so why should I relieve my husband of what is supposed to be his sibling job especially if they have colorful offensive ungrounded names like GOLDDIGGERRANT OVER what a week
Bottom line, other sibling should try to get the house rented out and they should keep me out of this! Am I being unreasonableMy anger is that my husband allows sibling to transfer work to him knowing that his hands are full and I eventually have to handle something I did not approve of initially

Last edited by angrymillionaire; 10-29-2013 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 04:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,013,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
The SO bought a house in combination with his brother & sister. As though that was already not a bad idea, the brother passed on. Now he co owns it with the sister & deceased brother's ""wifey"" ( not wife)
Doesn't belong here.

not sure where this belongs, but it doesn't go on this forum.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:25 PM

324 posts, read 441,521 times
Try wearing some panties with holes ......

Wait ......that wont help the situation

Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,963,007 times
Isnt your marriage a mess?

It's his money, and frankly, who cares what he does with it.
You wanted to leave him last week, but decided against it, and now you care about the money?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,960,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Isnt your marriage a mess?

It's his money, and frankly, who cares what he does with it.
You wanted to cheat on him last week, but decided against it, and now you care about the money?

I''m still in the marriage as I mentioned previously. We are working on it. Not sure what your question is

Old 10-29-2013, 04:54 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,963,007 times
Quote:
I''m still in the marriage as I mentioned previously. We are working on it. Not sure what your question is
Is the money he spent on the house the money he earned through his own doing? Work, trading, direct inheritance, etc ?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,625,066 times
What I got out of this is that your husband wants you to help out with a house he bought with his siblings, and one died and the other one isn't doing anything? Well, I suppose it's not your responsibility and you don't HAVE to do anything.

This is about as seriously as I can answer a thread started by angrymillionaire.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,041,065 times
My dad has a house he rents out. I've helped him out with it in the past when I'm not working, or when I'm only working part time. I didn't have any say in the decision to buy the house, but I don't really see what that has to do with anything. He is family, and he asked for my help. I had nothing else going on at the time, so of course I agreed to help out. He is your husband, if he wants your help with something, I don't see what the problem is. Do you have better things to do? Would you rather the house not be rented out, and he have to spend his own money on the mortgage, money he could be spending on maintaining your lifestyle (and repairing your car)? You aren't working, so maybe you can help him out in order to contribute to the household.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
What is the age difference between you and your husband?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,490,943 times
Quote:
...Bottom line, other sibling should try to get the house rented out and they should keep me out of this! Am I being unreasonableMy anger is that my husband allows sibling to transfer work to him knowing that his hands are full and I eventually have to handle something I did not approve of initially
Just say, No, and leave the matter of getting the house rented to your husband and his sibling.

[seems simple enough]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships