Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,357,430 times

Advertisements

There aren't any heifers in this story. How am I supposed to stay interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,631,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
There aren't any heifers in this story. How am I supposed to stay interested?
You sure about that lol

Old 10-30-2013, 08:06 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Yes there is a prenup.

When you ask me why a man I'm married to needs approval to use his own money. It might be ""his"" but I would equate this to him being marrried and still swinging ""his"" penis to other women. It might be ""his"" but IMO marriage means you are accountable to the other person. So using your logic I guess you allow your husband to use ""his"" penis to have sex with other women? I would think not!
If you can't tell the difference between a penis and a house, you've got some issues but maybe a reason other than money that you're with your hubby

I think the real issue here is that he decided to make a joint venture with his siblings, maybe to help them out, but you don't like them and you are determined that his joint venture should be a failure, because you don't want the siblings or their widows to profit from the investment.

I'll say it again, look for a good property management company and let them do the work. Tell your husband that you know you're not cut out to be a landlord, so you wanted to find a professional to manage the property, to be sure he gets the most he can from his investment.

I have a friend who married for money and didn't realize how much work it was to have to act like she was in love all the time. Her new hubby put her on a budget that was less than her spending money before she got married and last I heard, she was a pretty unhappy camper.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,746,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
The SO bought a house in combination with his brother & sister. As though that was already not a bad idea, the brother passed on. Now he co owns it with the sister & deceased brother's ;wifeyAnyway doe, for reasons I do not understand hubby & sister want to keep house for themselves as family property. Now what pisses me off is that my husband has to do all the work with renting out this house. Keep in mind this is a house I did not approve be bought in the first place and now my SO is too ``busy with work`` and since I lost my job`` I should try to get the house rented out``Keep in mind this a house I did not want him to buy anyways. I feel like other sibling is slacking off and now I´m being burdened. And important side note, the sibling calls me a ``gold digger`` so why should I relieve my husband of what is supposed to be his sibling job especially if they have colorful offensive ungrounded names like GOLDDIGGERRANT OVER what a week
Bottom line, other sibling should try to get the house rented out and they should keep me out of this! Am I being unreasonableMy anger is that my husband allows sibling to transfer work to him knowing that his hands are full and I eventually have to handle something I did not approve of initially
So you married a guy who invested into a piece of property (potential income) and you're complaining because you're being asked to HELP him? Who gives a crap what his sister and/or SIL are doing? How should that affect YOUR actions? He is not their husband. He is YOUR husband! Prove you're not a gold digger. Your husband's hands are full. Yours are empty. Are you kidding me? What kind of wife, who is not working or disabled, would spit in the face of someone she "claimed" to honor?

Seriously, I don't know you and I haven't followed your posts, like some others here, but you SOUND like a gold digger! If I'd have treated my husband like this, you can bet we wouldn't have lasted as long as we have. Maybe you should re-examine what a good wife should be to her husband.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,570,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
In your panties thread, you said yourself that you're in the marriage for the money. Isn't that the classic definition of a gold-digger?
Wait. There's a panties thread?

Old 10-31-2013, 06:38 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,746,806 times
Hahahaha

Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,220,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Wait. There's a panties thread?

Only ones with holes that she wore to reduce the chances she would sleep with someone other than her husband.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,054,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
He has a small child right? So you're 20 years older than him? WOW good luck that is a big age difference to overcome.

Huh? Who says SHE is older than HIM? Which rich guy would marry a 20 year older woman?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,917,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

p.s. Managing a lousy rental property temporarily is not hard work. You can ask your husband and his siblings to pay you 10% of the rent in order to manage that property if you want to make it a business transaction.

I can't believe this ridiculous post is here. Don't people think for themselves any longer without feeling a need to get on the interweb and air their souls? I know too many FB people who tell the world when they are making bathroom trips.

What I would do - contact a property management company to handle it all for him at a 10-15% cost per month. that should suit him fine and it is no longer your problem.

Case closed.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:04 PM

8,712 posts, read 11,126,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Huh? Who says SHE is older than HIM? Which rich guy would marry a 20 year older woman?
I was wondering the same thing.

OP story doesn't add up. It one giant fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships