Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,999 times

Advertisements

When I say "gay boyfriend" I mean the man in question is openly gay but does things that a romantic partner can do like cuddling up and that other straight males can not get away with without a significant other getting mad like kisses on the lips, not french kisses just kissing a woman on the lips, massaging a half naked woman. There is never any sex involved and a ""gay boyfriend"" also typically goes shopping say for shoes with you and advices you on how to wear your make up. And just does that typical women friends do together.

Do you have a ""gay boyfriend"" or do you know anyone with one?

I ask because I knew a stripper who when the clubs were quiet in her home town she would travel to other cities and she took along her gay boyfriend. She would rent a double bed & they would sleep together.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
I have a gay female friend. She has many gay male friends.

She has 2-3 gay male friends whom she kisses on the mouth, massages and calls "her husband" out in public. They (of course) don't have sex. They are just very close friends, and apparently have sat in a bath tub together. IMO that is a bit too much, but they are happy with it.

They take each other to company dinners.

Actually, in the gay scene that is kinda normal with the massages and shopping (at least in Germany)

Old 12-06-2013, 12:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
I don't know of openly gay men having girlfriends but where I live, there are quite of a few "bisexuals" and I know of several women whose boyfriends or husbands came out and left them for men.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have a gay female friend. She has many gay male friends.

She has 2-3 gay male friends whom she kisses on the mouth, massages and calls "her husband" out in public. They (of course) don't have sex. They are just very close friends, and apparently have sat in a bath tub together. IMO that is a bit too much, but they are happy with it.

They take each other to company dinners.

Actually, in the gay scene that is kinda normal with the massages and shopping (at least in Germany)

This! LOL at sitting in a bath tub together. At least she is also gay. I am wondering if there are any straight females here whose husbands/boyfriends put up with their ""gay boyfriends""

Seems like fun, I wish I had a gay boyfriend.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Every straight woman should have a gay boyfriend.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't know of openly gay men having girlfriends but where I live, there are quite of a few "bisexuals" and I know of several women whose boyfriends or husbands came out and left them for men.
I'm not talking about men ""ön the downlow"". I mean OPENLY gay men, outside the closet being in a relationship with a straight female. They dont have sexual relations but they do things which are commonly done in romantic relationships like Oh Eve said she knows someone who sits in a buthtub with a member of the opposite sex and calls them their husband yet there is no romance involved.

And "bisexual'' is code for gay! Especially in Atlanta

Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Too much of what by sitting in the bathtub together?
Who cares? It is their choice whether they are romantically involved or not.
The friends I have who are gay/lesbian don't think any more of something like that than they did
when everyone had to shower together in gym class in high school.

I think the "code" word for Gay is.....Gay everywhere.
I have a couple friends who are sexually active with men and women and they are not gay nor lesbian exclusively, they are BI sexual. The "code" word for them is ..........BI Sexual.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
I have gay male friends, and they're no different than any of my other friends. We hang out and talk and do fun stuff, but we'd never sleep in the same bed or take a bath together. That's weird.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,139 times
I am a gay male and I have a very close female friend. It is more like she tries to tag along with me anytime, me, my bf and our buddies are out from sport games, grab a beer to movies.

Before we knew, she became our (me and my bf)'s sister.
We went shopping together (usually three of us), invited each other to family's party, etc. She referred us as my "two husbands".
She always asked me for suggestion as what to wear. And she always tag along anytime my bf cooks (my bf is italian and a mean chef, yet he barely cooks due to our schedule or laziness. As for me, I even "burn water").
But both me and my bf never sat on the bathtub with her - that is rather way too personal.
Although there were numerous times when she changed in front of me. I even know her bra size..lord help me.

One time when she was drunk she also mentioned how she wanted to see us "getting it.." since it is "hot" for her. Ladies, is that true that it is your deepest fantasy?

So as I mentioned above, I have accepted her as my "f*gh*g", although to be honest I don't like the term.
I asked her one time why she likes to hang out with us.
According to her, it is quite "fashionable" to have a gay bff. (She also has female friends).
She also said that she likes the fact that she feels safe around us because we (me and my bf) are going to protect her when we are out and about, and she does not have to worry that we will take advantage of her.

I also have numerous gay friends who have their female friends. One of the girl even jokingly told me that having a gay bff is the 'In" accessory. (I was laughing yet a bit insulted).

Oh well that's my 2 cents....

Have a nice weekend everybody!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I am a gay male and I have a very close female friend. It is more like she tries to tag along with me anytime, me, my bf and our buddies are out from sport games, grab a beer to movies.

Before we knew, she became our (me and my bf)'s sister.
We went shopping together (usually three of us), invited each other to family's party, etc. She referred us as my "two husbands".
She always asked me for suggestion as what to wear. And she always tag along anytime my bf cooks (my bf is italian and a mean chef, yet he barely cooks due to our schedule or laziness. As for me, I even "burn water").
But both me and my bf never sat on the bathtub with her - that is rather way too personal.
Although there were numerous times when she changed in front of me. I even know her bra size..lord help me.

One time when she was drunk she also mentioned how she wanted to see us "getting it.." since it is "hot" for her. Ladies, is that true that it is your deepest fantasy?

So as I mentioned above, I have accepted her as my "f*gh*g", although to be honest I don't like the term.
I asked her one time why she likes to hang out with us.
According to her, it is quite "fashionable" to have a gay bff. (She also has female friends).
She also said that she likes the fact that she feels safe around us because we (me and my bf) are going to protect her when we are out and about, and she does not have to worry that we will take advantage of her.

I also have numerous gay friends who have their female friends. One of the girl even jokingly told me that having a gay bff is the 'In" accessory. (I was laughing yet a bit insulted).

Oh well that's my 2 cents....

Have a nice weekend everybody!

Thanks for sharing. I would love to have a ""gay boyfriend"" as well as my BFF. Women can be so catty and competetive. A """gay boyfriend"" is the perfect combo of having the best female friendship and a male who showers you with attention without even wanting to sex you.

I know this sounds weird but I want to actively pursue one. Whats a good place to meet one? I was thinking gay clubs. But that can be time consuming. Any websites I can go to?

Ideally I want him to be 6"4", a lot of muscle, young, light eyes, a lot of muscle, a heavy drinker, lots of money, can motivate me to workout, and strictly gay. Is this list unreasonable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships