Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM

15 posts, read 28,271 times

Advertisements

I read this site a lot. It seems like an older crowd, so thought I could get some help...

I didn't faint. I just feel weak, headache and leg pain. I didn't want to leave the house alone with this nutcase outside. AGAIN, my only phone is GOOGLE VOICE which means 911 doesn't work so I had to lookup the non emergency number to call.

AGAIN, it didn't seem they took this serious enough. Don't know how many times I have to write that. The female officer was maybe mid 20s the male was about 45. AGAIN, the male officer felt that this guy has a crush on me and just wanted some attention. AGAIN, he didn't take it serious and AGAIN the guy told them that he was spraying insect pray so they told him not to do it by my side because if I get sick and go to the hospital, he'll be in trouble.

Worst thing about these situations is the victim is always made out to look like the bad person. I assume you're saying I'm lying, thanks anyway for the concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Your mother should be handling this, not you.

If you were able to call her at work.... SHE should have been able to then call the police and say, "Please go check on my kid. He/she says she's sick and we've had problems with the neighbors."

Odd that you managed to find CD, Create an account, choose a user name, make your very first posts, give detailed explanations about your situation (including the detail that your mother snores) while becoming sicker and sicker and weaker and weaker.... yet not look up your local PD or Sheriff's office on-line and get help before you passed out on the floor. Odd as well that the PD didn't call the paramedics if you were getting sicker and sicker and weaker and weaker.

Hmmmmmm.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 03:35 PM

What does that mean? Only established posters should be taken seriously? Guess this isn't the place I thought it was when i was just a reader.

Getting off here. It's one thing to be harassed in person, but even worst when you ask for help and are put down.

Thanks to the caring people who offered advice, I will take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
New poster.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:35 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborProblems View Post
I read this site a lot. It seems like an older crowd, so thought I could get some help...

I didn't faint. I just feel weak, headache and leg pain. I didn't want to leave the house alone with this nutcase outside. AGAIN, my only phone is GOOGLE VOICE which means 911 doesn't work so I had to lookup the non emergency number to call.

AGAIN, it didn't seem they took this serious enough. Don't know how many times I have to write that. The female officer was maybe mid 20s the male was about 45. AGAIN, the male officer felt that this guy has a crush on me and just wanted some attention. AGAIN, he didn't take it serious and AGAIN the guy told them that he was spraying insect pray so they told him not to do it by my side because if I get sick and go to the hospital, he'll be in trouble.

Worst thing about these situations is the victim is always made out to look like the bad person. I assume you're saying I'm lying, thanks anyway for the concern...
He probably sprayed some rodent poison onto your balcony area.

I would be very cautious and not rely on the police resolving the issue with that one visitation. Just watch out for yourself and your mom. Especially at night.

Maybe not talk as loud on the phone near the walls bordering to the neighbor. Could be that's why he is mad?

Also, I agree with others to try to move asap. You should be able to feel safe in your home and not awkward.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM

I'm not a loud talker. I assume he doesn't work because I can hear him opening his door like every 20 minutes or so. Even at 1am, 2am, etc. When he has company, he let them stand by his door instead of going on his patio, then he stands in front of my door and keeps looking back as if he's purposefully doing it to agitate me.

So, I assume when he comes out, he stands next to my door to see if he hears me then if he does, he just stays and listens.

Yes, it had more of a rodent smell. He told them that it was Clorox and water.. it smells nothing like Clorox however! I wash with Clorox and never get sick and know how it smells.

I thought the police would write everything down, investigate what was in the spray bottle, etc. But it really does seem like they could care less.

Honestly, I don't know. I just feel alone right now. Police didn't take it serious. Some of the people on here are making me out to be the evil one simply because I just created an account. Guess I should have known after watching the news and so many Lifetime movies--victim is considered a liar and no justice until victim is killed.

UGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
He probably sprayed some rodent poison onto your balcony area.

I would be very cautious and not rely on the police resolving the issue with that one visitation. Just watch out for yourself and your mom. Especially at night.

Maybe not talk as loud on the phone near the walls bordering to the neighbor. Could be that's why he is mad?

Also, I agree with others to try to move asap. You should be able to feel safe in your home and not awkward.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
And yet you didn't call your mother and ask her to call 911 for you even though you were getting sick and weak and this "nutcase' was outside.

p.s. Move. If you told the police you felt sick and they didn't call the paramedics to check out your symptoms and/or call HAZMAT to make sure you weren't suffering from some weird toxic poisoning by your neighbor the nutcase.... your tax money is going to support a VERY inept department.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:15 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
New poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
School's out for the summer.....
So delightful when the buzzards start circling and every first-time poster is their dinner.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
I'm not a loud talker. I assume he doesn't work because I can hear him opening his door like every 20 minutes or so. Even at 1am, 2am, etc. When he has company, he let them stand by his door instead of going on his patio, then he stands in front of my door and keeps looking back as if he's purposefully doing it to agitate me.

So, I assume when he comes out, he stands next to my door to see if he hears me then if he does, he just stays and listens.

Yes, it had more of a rodent smell. He told them that it was Clorox and water.. it smells nothing like Clorox however! I wash with Clorox and never get sick and know how it smells.

I thought the police would write everything down, investigate what was in the spray bottle, etc. But it really does seem like they could care less.

Honestly, I don't know. I just feel alone right now. Police didn't take it serious. Some of the people on here are making me out to be the evil one simply because I just created an account. Guess I should have known after watching the news and so many Lifetime movies--victim is considered a liar and no justice until victim is killed.

UGH
They will have a report or something on file.

Just watch out for yourself and your mom ..

Old 07-01-2014, 04:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I read your post perfectly well and responded accordingly. My response remains the same. My opinion based on many years of experience and with no predisposition to speaking about things with which I'm unfamiliar.
i have many friends in law enforcement around the country, and they would have given then exact same advice i gave regarding the LEO. in fact they HAVE given me the same advice. because of the job i had for years, i had to deal with law enforcement on a regular basis, everyone from local police, to sheriff, to state police/highway patrol, to park service police.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
How is that graffiti? We don't know what the spray bottle contains, but the OP didn't indicate that there was any visible residue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
"Graffiti: writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place".
It can include private places, at least under some laws. But, you all are right, I jumped to conclusions.

If he's spraying it because of the fumes, especially if he's trying to make others ill intentionally, then more serious charges could apply.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:31 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:

Before the police arrived I suggested to you earlier, "Ask the police to please write a report and get a copy of it - it'll cost you a couple of $$s but it's best to document everything in case things escalate (which hopefully they won't)."

Call them back on the non emergency number and tell them you would like a report.

I'm not sure why you're now saying, "But it really does seem like they could care less... ... Police didn't take it serious." They responded to your call, they talked to both you and your neighbor, they told the neighbor to stay away from you - exactly what more did you expect? A full SWAT team, a forensics expert, having him led away in handcuffs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships