Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 11:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,142,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The people who keep sending me those stupid game invitations are the most annoying.
Candy Crush, LOL

Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,523,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
I remember being added my some guy who was a Chelsea fan and he kept saying hi to me over and over again and even posted The Chelsea first team squad on my wall

just wondering do you have any people on facebook you find annoying on there?
I don't add anyone to my Facebook unless I know them and like them.

For me the most annoying person (she is actually a nice lady other than this) is my brothers ex-wife. This is a woman that doesn't cook AT ALL, and I mean that. She has no spices or pan because you don't need those if you don't cook. Every single day, sometimes 3 or 4 times, she will post a picture and recipe of something. It drives me batty that the whole time she was with my brother, which was almost 30 years, she didn't cook anything and they ate out $$$ everyday.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,129,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
That's why I don't like family outings that much anymore because it's always a Photo shoot at the end so it can go on facebook
I really hate this. A lot of people do not understand or respect the fact that I do not want my picture taken and posted online without my permission. I don't get that they don't get this. lol

Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,288,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
And omg.

STOP POSTING YOUR WORKOUTS!

FTLOG
Thank you! I have a friend who I used to really enjoy her postings and watching her daughter grow up since we don't live close to each other. But suddenly she found some diet suppliment and workout regime she loves and now she sells it. Depsite the fact that she has a separate Facebook page for that, she still constantly posts about it on her normal page. And always posts after-workout selfies talking about how awesome she is and how awesome this product she's selling is. Blah blah blah. One time, she actually posted something about her daughter and someone commented "An actual real post??" I wanted to high five that guy so bad. She just replied "I don't know what you mean."

I have another friend who's almost weekly posting "I really need a lot of prayers. Something is very wrong. I can't talk about it though." WTF is that about??

Someone else posted people that post stuff without fact checking. A huge pet peeve of mine, too! I usually am the one that ends up calling them out but it often gets ignored.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:11 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,295,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The people who keep sending me those stupid game invitations are the most annoying.
Hide the games. You won't get any more game requests (drop down the arrow at the top right, select the option that says something like "hide all from [name of game]")

Old 09-23-2014, 07:14 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,288,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Also hate the animal cruelty stories. Don't care if you post a news article with a pic of a guy trying to beat a cat to death or shoot it, and you say "This guy should be set on fire and dragged through the street" and then 20 people agree with you...I DON'T NEED TO SEE IT AND I DON'T WANT TO DWELL ON IT. The only exception I am willing to make is if the guy needs to be caught by the cops and the pic will help someone ID him.

I also hate Amber Alert and other sorts of things that don't include a date or location. Be on the lookout for this kid...from 6 months ago...in Alaska...for all I know...

Can't stand the "like/share/repost/I know no one looks at my wall/etc." I will only like, share, repost, etc if it legitimately makes me laugh. Which on a rare good day might be like 1 kitten attacking green apples, 1 creepy sloth, and 1 friendly wombat video... I can't imagine that people actually get enough enjoyment out of some of these things to think that everyone they know will also enjoy it.

People who are so, so different in person compared to how they are on FB. If you wouldn't evangelize to me about your faith in person, don't do it online. If you are confident and awesome in person, don't turn into an immature, insecure drama mama online. Be the person I thought I knew and liked for goodness sakes! Is that too much to ask? Pretty girls who post pretty pics and say "This is a terrible picture of me, I'm so ugly, I hate it, I have no makeup" etc. If you hated it, you wouldn't have posted it. You're just fishing for validation. Lame.

Good stuff about FB: I have a ton of artist friends and I love supporting them in this. These days, I feel that spending money is voting for someone to keep doing something you love and want to see continue. So I support their crowdfunding for big creative endeavors and buy their art, and FB gives us a platform to do this. Also I am in a group for collectors of this one band's merch/memorabilia and some of it is rare and hard to find other places. We buy, sell, and trade amongst ourselves. I also enjoy "snark threads" in secret, private groups among close friends who all get my humor and I get theirs. We can say the most horrible things and we all laugh at it because we know & get each other and no one gets offended by anything. It's great fun. Of a kind that you DEFINITELY can't get away with in forums like this.
That first paragraph reminded me of another annoying post. The vigilante justice that has become all the rage! Those posts that have a picture, but no article link, and say "This guy just tied a itty bitty kitty to a car and dragged it through 5 states! Share this picture so we can find him and service justice for this itty bitty kitty!" And when you actually look up the story, it's not even real but the picture is and you know some poor guy is getting his life turned upside down.

Also, the new trend of videos or "news" stories that have the headline posted on facebook like "When he took his mom out to dinner, he didn't expect her to say this!" I flat out refuse to watch or view any article with such a blatant "click-me" headline.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:35 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,638,496 times
Ugh! I know someone who lost a ton of weight and posted the results every week on facebook. he got super religious about it and that's all he could talk about. Then he got super religious about it in real life. So when I went on another kind of diet and was losing weight, he was super critical of me, if I was eating nutritiously, if I ate a food that was on my diet but not on HIS restrictive diet, he used to criticize me for it.. but I was not on his diet!!! sheesh! used to bug me so bad I could not stand hearing his updates. so now he has lost a ton of weight and he has changed his real life personality into a horrible person. but wow I could not stand hearing all these updates all the time, it was like he shilling for the company. and no I am not "jellus" it was really ANNOYING. I am sorry that he turned into a horrible person in real life really now that he lost all that weight.. it really brought out the worst in him. funny how that worked.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 AM

352 posts, read 325,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
For some reason Twitter never grabbed me and I am thinking maybe because something is posted every 2 seconds. lol
The reason why I hate twitter is because it has butchered the English language.
This is a message on Facebook from the MMA trainer at my boxing gym:
Quote:
The lessons we learn from defeat are more important than those we learn in victory. Losing can break a man with a weak spirit. For those that are true of heart, defeat will inspire hunger. It will rouse you out of bed in the morning, it will force you to run the extra miles. It will reaffirm your discipline. It will sharpen your determination, and refocus your devotion.
Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."
We MUST adapt and we MUST change. I will see you at the gym today team.
This is how that message would be in Twitter:
Learn from loss. Win good, but loss make good to. #losingsucks #englishismysecondlanguage #selfie #myhashtagsarelongerthanmypost #MMAfight

That was 140 characters. Yeah, if I have something to say, it's going to take more than 140 characters to say it. Plus, Facebook's interface is nicer.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 AM

820 posts, read 1,211,592 times
All the pregnant single moms who will be getting government money from my taxes.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:23 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,430,495 times
I don't fake pretend to keep people I dislike in my life. If I don't like them I don't associate.

Why keep someone on your Facebook if you find them annoying?

Fakebook. Forgot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships