Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 07:20 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
This is fun to read. I recognize so many. Here is one that has not been mentioned:

I have one friend who hates her job and because of this, has turned into a human Facebook daily calendar reminder. Everyday her single post for the day is something like:

"Oh Monday, you came too soon " "Tuesday is here, yay! Its no longer Monday!" "Hump Day!" Thursday is here! Week is half over!" "TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm outta the office!" "Spending a great Sat with hubby! No work!" Sunday, why did you come too soon, back to work tomorrow!"

She has been posting these daily updates for YEARS and it always has some underlying reference to her job that she hates.
I hate Mondays but it's not because I hate my job it has to do with me not liking the very first day of the new week.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yes information about

your job status
your relationship status
your financial status

should never ever ever be mentioned on Facebook.
I disagree. I found it refreshing when I recently had a friend announce on FB that she was getting a divorce, rather than just dance around it and make people wonder. She made one matter of fact post about it, and nothing since.

Quote:
I get sick of my mom tagging me on things I have no interest in
My MIL does this. I made it so I have to approve tags. She doesn't know the difference, and all that stuff doesn't end up on my timeline.

Quote:
Yes I found that out and turned the tagging feature off. I told her about it and didn't think she would get that upset and has not spoken to me in 2 weeks LOL
Why did you tell her??

Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I disagree. I found it refreshing when I recently had a friend announce on FB that she was getting a divorce, rather than just dance around it and make people wonder. She made one matter of fact post about it, and nothing since.

My MIL does this. I made it so I have to approve tags. She doesn't know the difference, and all that stuff doesn't end up on my timeline.

Why did you tell her??

I said can't no one tag me anymore so it wasn't like I just said her, it was anyone who is on my friends list.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:19 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,917,399 times
Quote:
I hate Mondays but it's not because I hate my job it has to do with me not liking the very first day of the new week.
I like my job and I love Mondays. It's my Friday!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:00 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,127,218 times
Quote:
I have one friend who hates her job and because of this, has turned into a human Facebook daily calendar reminder. Everyday her single post for the day is something like:

"Oh Monday, you came too soon " "Tuesday is here, yay! Its no longer Monday!" "Hump Day!" Thursday is here! Week is half over!" "TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm outta the office!" "Spending a great Sat with hubby! No work!" Sunday, why did you come too soon, back to work tomorrow!"
Maybe she should be spending time looking for another job instead on on FB. Or maybe she is just one of those people who feels they need to post something every single day. I know a few of these people: "cut the grass today," "at Ikea today" "wasting time on the computer again today" and their update is usually accompanied by a daily pic: lawnmower, Ikea parking lot, lol etc etc etc.

I only log in when a family member sends me a message so these people don't really annoy me anymore.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:01 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,892,208 times
The only people on my Facebook thing are people I know in person and family. That being said, when one of those gets annoying, posts nothing but those stupid cat sayings or starts arguing, they get deleted.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:22 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,701,959 times
Quote:
This is fun to read. I recognize so many. Here is one that has not been mentioned:

She has been posting these daily updates for YEARS and it always has some underlying reference to her job that she hates.
I actually find the daily calendar thing annoying more in real life, in the office. When I ask a coworker in passing, "How are ya?" or similar, and they respond with "It's Tuesday."

I feel like stopping in my tracks and demanding to know if that is code for something. It's just so weird, I mean, what does the day of the week have to do with anything? Sometimes I'm having an iffy sort of a day and someone asks me how my day is going or whatever, I'll respond honestly with "I just don't even know yet." But to me responding with the day of the week is a little like responding with some random fact like "Armadillos live in Texas!" Um...yeah...soooo..?

Old 10-04-2014, 01:39 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,209,259 times
the ones who constantly invites me to play farmville or other crap....

Old 10-04-2014, 01:43 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,016,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
^^^ Ditto. I am totally bored with FB. 90% of the stuff I see (food pics, religious posts, etc.) I don't really care about and have seen a million times before.

I find myself using Twitter more these days. I follow breaking news in my town, my NFL team, a few other economic and political news sites. I can just look at tweets about things I really want to see.
I hear from many of my other friends. The best thing about twitter no likings

Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,413,885 times
There was an old middle school friend I used to have on my Facebook that would post excessive pics of her kid daily. That has nothing to do with why I ended up deleting her though. I was going through and deleting a few of my old Facebook pics and I noticed she had liked one of them in August 2011. So yeah, of course, I went and spied on her profile for about 60 seconds. That was plenty. Nothing has changed in two years. Still posts at least five pics a day of her daughter. I hate to say it, because she is a cute little girl, but I'm still so sick of her little face. She was born in 2010, so I endured two years of that. Five pic minimum a day is how many pics in over two years? I shutter to do the math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.