Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 07:37 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,634,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I agree, I don't express my dislike for Obama because I know that 99% of my Facebook friends feel the opposite and would not want to create any drama
I'd be fine with my Facebook friends posting about how they don't like Obama if they did it in a respectful rational way. Unfortunately the people on my Facebook aren't capable of that. They resort to calling him names and calling people that may be part of the same political party as him names. It's just annoying. It makes them seem really ignorant.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,648,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
But who are you to say what FB should be for someone? I sometimes post articles about animal welfare because it's something that's important to me, and I like to spread the word about things that maybe people may not think about. I don't force my views on anyone, just put the information out there occasionally. FB would be very boring to me if nobody ever expressed their opinions on issues.
Sweetie I wasn't talking about animal welfare now was I.

Last edited by allenk893; 10-12-2014 at 11:43 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 01:35 PM

269 posts, read 371,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Sweetie I wasn't talking about animal welfare now was I.
It was an example, sweetie.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:05 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,371,510 times
The worst are the ones that constantly seem to have come down with a medical ailment or ask...Should I go to the doctor?

Complain about not having friends or not having anyone to hang out with at any given moment. Like seriously? Get off of Facebook and get involved with the real world.

Couples who post constantly about how much they're in love, blah blah blah when I can see through the b.s. sorry hon, u ain't foolin' anyone

Old 10-12-2014, 03:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
The worst are the ones that constantly seem to have come down with a medical ailment or ask...Should I go to the doctor?

Complain about not having friends or not having anyone to hang out with at any given moment. Like seriously? Get off of Facebook and get involved with the real world.

Couples who post constantly about how much they're in love, blah blah blah when I can see through the b.s. sorry hon, u ain't foolin' anyone

I am very disppointed in a FB friend of mine who decided to post a status that he was going to kill himself because he felt no one cared about him enough to respond to what he post on his page. I don't know if I even want to talk to him again

Old 10-12-2014, 03:34 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,371,510 times
Quote:
I am very disppointed in a FB friend of mine who decided to post a status that he was going to kill himself because he felt no one cared about him enough to respond to what he post on his page. I don't know if I even want to talk to him again
That's a tough decision to make. Thats someone taking FB too seriously. FB is meant to be fun like playing a favorite game.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:46 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,128,539 times
Quote:
Cripes! I don't even know how I would respond to that or if I would. I don't know what to even say to that. Hopefully he will delete that. It's either a joke gone very wrong or someone who is way over-invested in the responses of people on FB. Sad.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 AM

41 posts, read 73,393 times
I think Facebook had become crazy. My #1 pet peeve are the ones who post they are out of town or on vacation. Reason being that person they friended last week that they don't know who it is but thought it would be cool to add them, sees that they are on vacation and could rob them. Same thing with posting your phone number and personal contact info on there.

More things that drive me crazy. Posting where you are 24/7. I have one friend that posts probably once an hour what restaurant she is at, what store she is at, etc.
The friend who constantly talks about how sick she is, 24/7.

And finally the ones who use FB as validation that they have such a great relationship or marriage. I actually know a person who did this for a year straight, posting almost every day how their spouse was such a great person, how they loved them, how this person did everything for them. Then one day that same person posting up and divorces their spouse saying that the person never did anything for them! What?! So you spent a year lying on your Facebook?!

I use FB sparingly really only to post major life stuff and pics of me, my kiddo and family. The majority of the people on there are family and friends, and high school friends that I have reconnected with. Nobody knows what I am doing 24/7, I am pretty private.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 AM

41 posts, read 73,393 times
Quote:
While I think it's great that the person was reaching out to others trying to get attention and help, that can also backfire. What if an employer saw that?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:06 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
I think Facebook had become crazy. My #1 pet peeve are the ones who post they are out of town or on vacation. Reason being that person they friended last week that they don't know who it is but thought it would be cool to add them, sees that they are on vacation and could rob them. Same thing with posting your phone number and personal contact info on there.

More things that drive me crazy. Posting where you are 24/7. I have one friend that posts probably once an hour what restaurant she is at, what store she is at, etc.
The friend who constantly talks about how sick she is, 24/7.

And finally the ones who use FB as validation that they have such a great relationship or marriage. I actually know a person who did this for a year straight, posting almost every day how their spouse was such a great person, how they loved them, how this person did everything for them. Then one day that same person posting up and divorces their spouse saying that the person never did anything for them! What?! So you spent a year lying on your Facebook?!

I use FB sparingly really only to post major life stuff and pics of me, my kiddo and family. The majority of the people on there are family and friends, and high school friends that I have reconnected with. Nobody knows what I am doing 24/7, I am pretty private.
I had a friend who recently met a nice girl and decided to post their whole date on FB? The restaurant they were eating at and then the movie theater? The fact that he is over 40 made it look a little weird
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships