Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 06:55 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,651,674 times

Advertisements

Yes how do they know you unfriended them and what is the use of the Poke when you can just use the instant message or chat thingy?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:27 AM

269 posts, read 372,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The most annoying people on facebook to me are the political extremists, extremist atheist, and judgmental Christians. Facebook is not a forum for your personal views. It's a place to connect with family and friends. You need to have enough respect to take other people's viewpoints into consideration before you post something and go name-calling.
But who are you to say what FB should be for someone? I sometimes post articles about animal welfare because it's something that's important to me, and I like to spread the word about things that maybe people may not think about. I don't force my views on anyone, just put the information out there occasionally. FB would be very boring to me if nobody ever expressed their opinions on issues.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:13 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,153,955 times
The thing that annoys me most about facebook is the people who feel that by not using it they are somehow superior to those who do. And they can't seem to resist letting you know that they don't do facebook. Heck, there are posts by people in this very thread bragging about how they don't have facebook. Why? Why would you even click on a thread about facebook if you're so against it?

Old 10-11-2014, 04:46 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,215,948 times
Ugh those people who put up the pictures and stick out their tongue or make duck faces.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:47 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,215,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Ugh. I hate it when otherwise likeable FB friends and relatives sell their souls to shill for multi-level marketing schemes. If I never see another "posting" for Jamberry Nails, Pampered Chef, Radiantly You, 31 Gifts or Rodan and Fields it will be too soon.
I have a relative working for that scam 'secret' and he constantly puts up pictures of him and his family with mud masks and then tries and markets this product to me and my family.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,176,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
But who are you to say what FB should be for someone? I sometimes post articles about animal welfare because it's something that's important to me, and I like to spread the word about things that maybe people may not think about. I don't force my views on anyone, just put the information out there occasionally. FB would be very boring to me if nobody ever expressed their opinions on issues.
I thought FB was supposed to be about FUN CHAT like tv shows, sports, food, and music. I always viewed FB the same way I view CD which is an "Escape from reality"

Old 10-11-2014, 03:43 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,477,022 times
It's not "supposed" to be about anything in particular, just what you want to share. But it is a *social* media site, so alienating people by ranting about politics and religion as if those who disagree are despicable, is not what it's about. Opinions are fine, but some people need to tone it down.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
It's not "supposed" to be about anything in particular, just what you want to share. But it is a *social* media site, so alienating people by ranting about politics and religion as if those who disagree are despicable, is not what it's about. Opinions are fine, but some people need to tone it down.

I agree, I don't express my dislike for Obama because I know that 99% of my Facebook friends feel the opposite and would not want to create any drama

Old 10-11-2014, 04:57 PM

269 posts, read 372,291 times
There is a difference between ranting about politics and religion, and sharing the occasional link, say to share how a particular supermarket is phasing out caged eggs, or to say that you're disappointed in the latest election results.

Sad that people feel they can't voice their opinions, or support things that are important to them. I'm pretty much the same on FB as I am in real life, which includes talking about issues that are important to me.

Last edited by coffee18; 10-11-2014 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-11-2014, 05:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
There is a difference between ranting about politics and religion, and sharing the occasional link, say to share how a particular supermarket is phasing out caged eggs, or to say that you're disappointed in the latest election results.

Sad that people feel they can't voice their opinions, or support things that are important to them. I'm pretty much the same on FB as I am in real life, which includes talking about issues that are important to me.

I just try to stay away from negative stats to prevent having a reputation of being a negative poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships