Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 12:34 PM

10,134 posts, read 7,799,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Nope. I strongly disagree. I want all my friends and family to know that I'm looking for work. I'm not too proud to seek help looking for work. There's really no reason for keeping it private.
I'm a very private person so I only have Facebook for coupons and to get deals and that type of thing so I couldn't imagine stating I'm unemployed on a Facebook page. I don't even like it when others take my pic and post it on their page. I want as little of me online as possible.

But I do understand that most aren't as private as I am and don't mind putting all their stuff out there to share with others.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times
Quote:
Nope. I strongly disagree. I want all my friends and family to know that I'm looking for work. I'm not too proud to seek help looking for work. There's really no reason for keeping it private.

I don't like giving people a reason to gossip about my job status so I would rather create a list on FB for only certain people to see it which would be my closet friends and family members

Old 09-28-2014, 12:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm a very private person so I only have Facebook for coupons and to get deals and that type of thing so I couldn't imagine stating I'm unemployed on a Facebook page. I don't even like it when others take my pic and post it on their page. I want as little of me online as possible.

But I do understand that most aren't as private as I am and don't mind putting all their stuff out there to share with others.

And once you state that you are unemployed then all that does is give people a reason to gossip

Old 09-28-2014, 12:52 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,282,728 times
Who cares if people gossip? Let them. It's not going to change anything. If someone's prone to gossip, they'll find a reason to gossip whether you give them one or not.

I can't think of any reason to keep unemployment private. The more people who know your status, the better your chances that someone has a lead for you.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Who cares if people gossip? Let them. It's not going to change anything. If someone's prone to gossip, they'll find a reason to gossip whether you give them one or not.

I can't think of any reason to keep unemployment private. The more people who know your status, the better your chances that someone has a lead for you.

I guess men are more private because I don't ever recall a man mentioning he is unemployed on FB but I have seen women do it with no problem.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:58 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
I despise people ( friends) who litter your face page with religious or political
Diatribes. Try to get rid of them.
^^^^^^ This.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:21 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,414,267 times
I would have no idea, I m unsubscribed from my annoying FB friends. You can do that, you know. Next time an annoying post pops up, go to the upper right-hand corner of their post, click the corner, and it will give you an option to "hide all posts" from that user. Or you can go directly to their page and do the exact same thing. Go to their profile, click the "friends" tab and you can "unfollow" them. Its like unfriending without them knowing. Saves awkwardness and drama at family gathering and/or workplaces. They won't appear in your timeline anymore.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:26 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
I would have no idea, I m unsubscribed from my annoying FB friends. You can do that, you know. Next time an annoying post pops up, go to the upper right-hand corner of their post, click the corner, and it will give you an option to "hide all posts" from that user. Or you can go directly to their page and do the exact same thing. Go to their profile, click the "friends" tab and you can "unfollow" them. Its like unfriending without them knowing. Saves awkwardness and drama at family gathering and/or workplaces. They won't appear in your timeline anymore.

I get sick of my mom tagging me on things I have no interest in

Old 09-28-2014, 02:42 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,414,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I get sick of my mom tagging me on things I have no interest in
There is also an option you can choose where people can't tag you.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
There is also an option you can choose where people can't tag you.
Yes I found that out and turned the tagging feature off. I told her about it and didn't think she would get that upset and has not spoken to me in 2 weeks LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.