Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 06:48 PM

12,155 posts, read 8,539,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I find I sometimes wonder in passing what screen names means to their users, and sometimes get a chuckle out of a name as I enjoy the play on words evident in the names, but other than that, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.

As for my screen name, it was born when one time I was trying to create an account at the AAA travel site. I tried variations of my real name, some on a few of my favorite screen names ( named for pets) but just couldn't come up with anything, no matter what the name, that wasn't already in use. I personally don't like using names with numbers after them, especially when the number has to be large because there are so many of the same names in use, so I kept trying. After about 50 names, I hit on Travelassie, and found it was not in use. I've used the name ever since for several forums.
I keep thinking you should have used two ells.

(Don't hit me!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 06:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,315,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Off topic aside: Don't forget Whynot, ND and Nowthen, MN.
And CutNShoot, Texas - dang, why didn't I choose that one for my user name? MISSED OPPORTUNITY.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:58 PM

15,088 posts, read 12,277,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I keep thinking you should have used two ells.

(Don't hit me!)
LOL, I've thought of that sometimes as I see how the name could be construed. And my husband's also pointed it out on any number of occasions.

But it's too late to go back and put in all those "ells", so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 PM

23,334 posts, read 29,212,218 times
I've had a long-term love affair with Tijuana, Mexico, thus Tijlover!

I prefer the Usernames where you don't know if they're male or female, makes it more challenging!

But you never know, there may be female usernames where the user is male, and vice versa, to do nothing else but to puzzle you, as they get a good laugh out of it!

And, being male, if I were to change my username today, I'd pick the most feminine sounding name possible! LuluBelle!

"????? I thought I remembered you posting on the Automotive forum, saying you were an auto mechanic!"

Old 11-26-2014, 01:08 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,127,346 times
There is nothing intriguing in my nickname

Old 11-26-2014, 07:01 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,583,929 times
Very near the time I came up with mine Paul McCartney was starting a U.S. Tour about an hour from my home in Orlando, FL. I always liked the Wing's song so I tweaked it slightly. It was kind of comical because spin offs of 'banned' started appearing shortly thereafter by one hit post wonders...there was a 'OneManBanned' and a 'AmericanBannedStand' and a few others I can't remember.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, I've thought of that sometimes as I see how the name could be construed. And my husband's also pointed it out on any number of occasions.

But it's too late to go back and put in all those "ells", so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
Beats the heck out of trying to put in two eels.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:51 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,078,523 times
I chose my user name cuz "Oh" is part of my last name and "eve" is part of my first name.

Also, I was clumsy all my life and grew up to my parents saying "ohhhhhhhhh, Evelyn, why ....?"

And now I would like to think that guys think of me like this "ohhhhhh, Eve ....."

Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I chose my user name cuz "Oh" is part of my last name and "eve" is part of my first name.

Also, I was clumsy all my life and grew up to my parents saying "ohhhhhhhhh, Evelyn, why ....?"

And now I would like to think that guys think of me like this "ohhhhhh, Eve ....."
Ahhh, nice touch!

Old 11-26-2014, 08:44 AM

217 posts, read 641,747 times
I wanted to do kixtart - because I was dating a biker. Oh my I am sure glad I didn't - since that part of my life is SO in the past! So, kixette it was. I think that was my original Netscape login - and it is something that when you Google it - there's only another girl in France who uses it. If more than 7 letters are required - I use kixetterox.
I kind of see kixette as my alter ego now - isn't it funny how that works?
Also agree that this a wonderful thread!
And yes, I use the same name on all forums- I have nothing to hide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships