Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 05:43 PM

94 posts, read 155,580 times

Advertisements

I write as a hobby and Misty Rose the main character, and title for book 2, in one of my series. They're not published, but one day...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,631,101 times
KathrynAragon, I always liked seeing your name around because I always thought of Catherine of Aragon. My grandma says my family is distantly related to her, though I'm not sure which side...the Basque or Italian? Haha.

Anyway, as for my name, I love candy and also the Beatles. So it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJqPxpWD5w

Old 11-24-2014, 05:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,289,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
KathrynAragon, I always liked seeing your name around because I always thought of Catherine of Aragon. My grandma says my family is distantly related to her, though I'm not sure which side...the Basque or Italian? Haha.

I am jealous that you're related to such a great woman. Dang it!

I am related to some guy who sailed on the Endeavor with Captain Cooke. He was a junior officer on that trip and the notation beside his name is "wild and drinking."

I like that. I can definitely relate to the whole mental image!

I also like your name a lot! It seems very sophisticated to me.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:55 PM

4,241 posts, read 4,499,392 times
I like alliterative names with multiple meanings so it keeps people guessing... it is all about context and one's point of view.... take another interpretative view and the name can have a different connotation.

Like this interpretive speculation

https://www.city-data.com/forum/athei...l#post37020647

Old 11-24-2014, 08:06 PM

6,414 posts, read 6,318,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
What does Frihed89 make you think about?
Denmark

Old 11-24-2014, 08:09 PM

6,414 posts, read 6,318,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
What a great thread for my first post on C-D!

I'll give some explanation for my username, but first I'd like your take on it.
Because life is the matrix and sometimes you feel unreal? Or you feel overly real in an unreal world?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,141 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Mine, because all the others I picked were taken, in frustration I just stuck in my initial. It was too short, so I 'doubled' it, lol
I think it's interesting that a lot of people assume I'm a guy.

My other user name is taken from a character in a book about a woman in the south finding her voice.

Last edited by DubbleT; 11-24-2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 11:09 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,132,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
In real life, we don't usually choose our own names (though I guess we could if we really wanted to). But on line, we get to do just that!

When we choose a user name, I think it can't help but represent some part of our psyche, whether we intend for it to or not. People will generally form some sort of opinion or first impression of us by our user name.

Personally, I chose my user name because I have great respect for Catherine of Aragon - in case someone out there doesn't know, she is a true historical figure, the first wife of Henry VIII, and I greatly admire her faith, her tenacity, and her dignity. She is an inspiration to me often, though I rarely reach her level of integrity!

However, sometimes people misread my name. I've had people think I was a big Lord of the Rings fan (Aragorn - LOL). If they're thinking that on the front end, they've already reached some erroneous conclusions about my inner life and my personality! Not that I don't like JRR Tolkein but it's not like I'm some sort of Lord of the Rings groupie!

I've also had people misread it - intentionally or not - as Arrogance. This always reminds me of an unfortunate tendency I have of coming across as arrogant when I write. I don't talk like I write, so IRL I don't get accused of arrogance, but when someone accuses me of it online, it's an indicator to me that perhaps that is a part of my psyche and I need to be aware of it and temper it. So though it was unintentional on my part, I have become aware that some people respond to me online with the thought of "Arrogance" bolstered by my user name.

What are your thoughts about user names online? Do you pay much attention to them? Do you find that they often indicate something about the user's personality? Do you think that yours is an accurate indicator of your own personality?
When I first saw you post on CD, I thought to myself "I've heard that name before."..... So I googled it. Brought back memories of History 101 in college.

"YAZ" is the short form of my all time favorite baseball player, and also a pet cat that died about five years ago. I've kept the same user name since circa 1999, just in case I come across an old message board buddy. Don't know what it says about me, but it is easy to type.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,132,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

One of my favorite songs on the "White" album.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 25,392,856 times
Everybody thinks I'm a dope-head
Reality is that my username is made up by the first and last letter of my two older sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships