Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:49 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting thread.

Kathryn---When I first saw your user name, I knew exactly who it was that inspired you!

As for me---I never use the same screen-name twice. Each time I sign up to post on a site, I create a different name. I'm surprised how many people use the same name over and over. IMO, it's too easy to do google searches

If you know airport codes, it's easy to figure out my name---where I was born and where I now live
OK, I accept that challenge!

Actually I knew the first one but had to look up the second one. I always get that one confused.

And I am so glad to know you knew who my user name alluded to - that's always refreshing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 05:51 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So fess up - why did you choose your user name? Don't be a tease!
Haha! It's a painting from one of my favorite artists, Ed Ruscha.

Posting on "City" data, i felt it was appropriate. I enjoy thinking about what happens when 2 juxtaposed ideas come together and what the outcome may be. I love pondering upbeat songs about depression, or a love song playing in a movie over a couple screaming at eachother, cats who act like dogs, ugly models, healthy desserts, size petite large, etc.

And don't even get me started with Republicans on welfare!

The concept also reminds me of a favorite short story of mine, "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omega."

Old 11-22-2014, 05:55 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting thread.

Kathryn---When I first saw your user name, I knew exactly who it was that inspired you!

As for me---I never use the same screen-name twice. Each time I sign up to post on a site, I create a different name. I'm surprised how many people use the same name over and over. IMO, it's too easy to do google searches

If you know airport codes, it's easy to figure out my name---where I was born and where I now live
KathrynAragon- I had no idea so thank you for explaining!

And now that you mention "airport codes" i think a lot of users w the 3 capital letters probably do this yet I've never even noticed!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:00 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times
This is so incredibly interesting.

My name comes from a children's book I bought years ago, long before I had kids. The Three Hawaiian Pigs and The Magic Shark. I bought it when I lived in Hawaii years ago and I usually keep it out on display. I figure it was a good bet no one else had already used that name.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:04 PM

49 posts, read 77,233 times

I'm not a guy, trying to be funny or think that I am, like a certain cartoon, and want to be anonymous.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Haha! It's a painting from one of my favorite artists, Ed Ruscha.

Posting on "City" data, i felt it was appropriate. I enjoy thinking about what happens when 2 juxtaposed ideas come together and what the outcome may be. I love pondering upbeat songs about depression, or a love song playing in a movie over a couple screaming at eachother, cats who act like dogs, ugly models, healthy desserts, size petite large, etc.

And don't even get me started with Republicans on welfare!

The concept also reminds me of a favorite short story of mine, "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omega."

Thanks for putting me out of my suspense. LOL

I really like your user name. It definitely has a mood to it - sort of luxuriously tattered.

I found a jacket the other day that was an XL petite by the way. I should have taken a picture of the label!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
This is so incredibly interesting.

My name comes from a children's book I bought years ago, long before I had kids. The Three Hawaiian Pigs and The Magic Shark. I bought it when I lived in Hawaii years ago and I usually keep it out on display. I figure it was a good bet no one else had already used that name.
I've never heard it before - it's got lots of power to it!

I think it's interesting that you bought that book before you had kids.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
I think my favorite user name on c-d is chaseystarz. I've only seen a few of her posts, and I don't think she's been around in years, but the name stuck with me. I don't know what it means but it makes me smile.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:22 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Mines just 2 states and some of my birth day. Not really flashy or special.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Mines just 2 states and some of my birth day. Not really flashy or special.
Whatchootalkinboutwillis? It's all about you!

It always makes me think of Oklahoma though and I have a feeling that's not the state you're referencing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships