Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 01:28 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,165,429 times

Advertisements

I first heard of the Cardiff Giant in the film Made with Jon Favreau. I thought it sounded cool and this being a relocation forum, I wanted my screen name to reflect my home state of NY.

Cardiff Giant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People have asked me if I'm from Wales here too, which is cool IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 01:46 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,026,621 times
My on line name goes always as this is,, Zeurich it is collection of my family members names. Since the day I begun go online I always did that except my work social media. And few other places

Z- Zamora - my mother
E- Eugine - my father
U- Ulyanova -my kindergarten friend.
R- Roger - My brother
I- Iona - My favorite aunt since I was kid
C- Catherine - My grand mother ( my father's side)
H- Helga - My grand father (my father side)

Old 11-23-2014, 01:53 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,621,348 times
I was like 10 when I started using this name. Was almost 20 years ago. Don't know why I never changed it. Everyone knows me as foadi, so the name stuck I guess.

And no, I am not Iranian or Swahili.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:07 AM

3,559 posts, read 3,756,275 times
Well, I think usernames can be both nothing and something at the same time. I am the C-D poster formerly known as budgetlord (I just recently changed it). I came up with budgetlord on a whim when I joined. At the time, I was working on a very detailed budget spreadsheet that I coded myself; I wrote my own formulas. Other programs or spreadsheets were available, but I wanted something I could customize to my liking. Also, when I joined, I intended to mainly post in the Politics and Economics sections.

I have now retired from the Politics section, as I've increasingly become an apolitical person. Don't need the negativity of that stuff.

The lord part is this:

Lord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Lord is traditionally an appellation[1] for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.
I am not sure if people took the lord part as a religious connotation, but that's also why I kept it lowercase. Essentially, I became a master of my own budget [program] .

My current name may not be a permanent one. Even though budgetlord meant something more than just money, I wanted to remove the money connotation from the name. It doesn't really fit for the more relaxed forums such as Music, Photography and so on.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:56 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,647,801 times
I could have picked another user name. Or maybe this one is ok. Or that one sounds cool too! Or maybe they're all equally nice. Or maybe they're all equally awful. And maybe it would be fun to live in that place. Or maybe there. Or both places are probably about the same. But maybe they're different?

How does one decide? I never know.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:27 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,428,392 times
I chose mine because it rminds me of something comical that happened to me when I was leaving for work on my Harley. I really didn't get very far because I forgot to remove the 15' chain that I had put on the carport pole. You should be able to imagine what happened when I hit the end of the chain.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 AM

34,179 posts, read 83,306,635 times
My ex-wife gave me the nick.

Long ago in an online venue far, far away I saw her posting about something.
So I joined and responded to her questions and comments using this nick.

She responded to my points much more positively than she ever did when we were married.
Then it was at the end of an argu^6^6discussion when she would say something
like "Well, if you're going to insist on being all MrRational about it...

Since then (1998?) I've used the same user name in at least 5 or 6 venues.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,302,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Oh, the shoes! P!U! Pew! I would throw them on the deck. I could smell them three rooms away. I still have no idea how that happens.

My user name? Tell me. I do like to garden, but that's not the reason.
You tell us! When I see your name, I think of a bright, vibrant, flower. What does it mean to you? Why did you choose it?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Mine's a bit misconstrued unless you happen to be an equestrienne.

It's a username I've had for years, long before I joined forums.
So what DO hunters eat?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I like this thread, kathryn.
Thank you! I do too. It's very interesting!

Your name sounds powerful and somehow very purging...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships