Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 08:32 PM

832 posts, read 1,420,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
That was uncalled for. I choose to obey the law (that sign that says "speed limit", not "speed suggestion") so me doing so does not mean that I have my head up my ass.
The bottom line to this discussion is this:

Keep right except to pass.

You're not passing. Someone wants to pass. Move to the right. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're moving. If you're not passing, move over. It's none of your business if someone else wants to do 1000 mph over the speed limit. You're not law enforcement. You want to do 55 mph. They want to do 75 mph. Let them pass. On the left. Passing is not going .00005 mph faster than the car on your right. Going .00005 mph faster than the car on your right is a tread wear issue and you need to stay put until you find your gas pedal.

Reckless driving is what you are charged with when you ditch your car in the bank going 5 mph in the snow. 5 mph is too fast if you can't keep control of your car at that speed in those conditions. Therefore, speed is not the most important determinative factor in safe driving. This leaves you with only the admission that you're driving in the left lane because you want to control the actions of others. You are not entitled to control the actions of others. Attempting to control the actions of others to comply with your faulty logic of safety makes you a butt head. Therefore... Keep right except to pass, regardless of speed or speed signs.

And if you choose to continue in the left lane blocking traffic... just know that I am the butt head who passes you on the right and then slams on my brakes in front of you to force you to either rear end me and get a ticket, or it forces you into the right lane to avoid my car. Either way. That's me imposing my views of safety on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 08:36 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,337,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post

You're not passing. Someone wants to pass. Move to the right. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're moving. If you're not passing, move over. It's none of your business if someone else wants to do 1000 mph over the speed limit. You're not law enforcement. You want to do 55 mph. They want to do 75 mph. Let them pass. On the left. Passing is not going .00005 mph faster than the car on your right. Going .00005 mph faster than the car on your right is a tread wear issue and you need to stay put until you find your gas pedal.
^^^ This squared. Pet peeve: People who have assigned themselves speed sheriff on the freeway. It's worse when they think they're making the roads safer by doing so. Quite the opposite: They cause frustrated drivers to make stupid moves trying to get around them. Plus, why would anyone want to drive down the road having 10 people on their tail angry and flashing lights at them?

Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 AM

4,192 posts, read 3,414,452 times
Felony misuse of the words 'healthy,' 'energy,' and most of all, 'decadent.'

Old 12-05-2014, 07:57 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,695,587 times
Quote:

Reckless driving is what you are charged with when you ditch your car in the bank going 5 mph in the snow. 5 mph is too fast if you can't keep control of your car at that speed in those conditions. Therefore, speed is not the most important determinative factor in safe driving. This leaves you with only the admission that you're driving in the left lane because you want to control the actions of others. You are not entitled to control the actions of others. Attempting to control the actions of others to comply with your faulty logic of safety makes you a butt head. Therefore... Keep right except to pass, regardless of speed or speed signs.

And if you choose to continue in the left lane blocking traffic... just know that I am the butt head who passes you on the right and then slams on my brakes in front of you to force you to either rear end me and get a ticket, or it forces you into the right lane to avoid my car. Either way. That's me imposing my views of safety on you.
People pass me on the right all the time, even police officers because they even know that if the speed limit sign says 70 and youre doing 70 then theres nothing they can do.

But this isnt the place to get into a pissing contest about speed; you speed and i do not. Lets move on.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:06 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,340,769 times
Quote:

I was with you up to that last paragraph.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:28 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,066,670 times
People who are pathologically unable to understand that something they love to do/eat/listen to/watch isn't necessarily loved by all others.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:45 AM

12,064 posts, read 10,303,085 times
plastic flowers?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:15 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,452,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I was with you up to that last paragraph.
Me too.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:09 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,675,887 times
All the high drama - just can't stand it.

People that live like robots - always doing, doing, doing - going in a thousand different directions all the time with alot of drama thrown in to the soap opera - out of their body.
Not grounded type and they are never just listening and being. Prayer, meditation, yoga something to stay connected. Balance

Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,857,377 times
I hate hypocrisy. Also another pet peeve is when I am trying to have a conversation with someone and they are responding constantly with very simple one or two word answers that kill the conversation. GAHHH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships