Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 05:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,074,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
I don't get along with my sister at all. So, yeah, Kathy was the sister I always wanted.
I've got a brother, and I've never really got on with him. We're just two completely different personalities. He's like a stranger to me, sometimes.

I know there's a phrase "Blood is thicker than water", but I do not think this is always the case. Sometimes you can get on with people that you meet, better than your own family!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 PM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times
There are a number of formerly active C-D posters whom I miss bunches. A few lovely friends I've made here have died and I miss them dearly. Others simply became too busy or burned out and left the forum cold turkey. I miss them very much as well.

One member I connected with and spoke with via phone, seems to have vanished from the face of the earth not long after the last time we spoke. We had developed a lovely friendship and had been discussing meeting in person at a location half-way between our homes. I still think of her often, wonder what happened to her and pray that she is alright.

A few who left the forum simply because they became too busy with various commitments and whom I still miss a lot are MidwesternBookWorm, GloryB, Just Joy, TT Dave and Coastal Maine. I miss their wit, their sense of humor and their friendship. One of them I am still in touch with via email on occasions too far between, but at least we each know the other is still kicking.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:29 AM

13,667 posts, read 10,061,060 times
Dallas Kitty. Someone you felt to be a real friend. So missed.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:40 PM

7,340 posts, read 2,748,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
There are a number of formerly active C-D posters whom I miss bunches. A few lovely friends I've made here have died and I miss them dearly. Others simply became too busy or burned out and left the forum cold turkey. I miss them very much as well.

One member I connected with and spoke with via phone, seems to have vanished from the face of the earth not long after the last time we spoke. We had developed a lovely friendship and had been discussing meeting in person at a location half-way between our homes. I still think of her often, wonder what happened to her and pray that she is alright.

A few who left the forum simply because they became too busy with various commitments and whom I still miss a lot are MidwesternBookWorm, GloryB, Just Joy, TT Dave and Coastal Maine. I miss their wit, their sense of humor and their friendship. One of them I am still in touch with via email on occasions too far between, but at least we each know the other is still kicking.

I miss the ones you mentioned as well. I also miss several others including Angeli, Beachmel, Granny Sue, Kobber, taigagirl, and the painter.

I just hope they are all well and happy and busy.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:00 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Dallas Kitty. Someone you felt to be a real friend. So missed.
Dallas Kitty became a good friend of mine. I received an alarming pm from her, and suddenly she was gone, never to be seen again. It was very sad.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:32 PM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
If your thinking about Jtur88 it looks like he got banned.
LOL. That would feel better than thinking that he'd been shipped to a nursing home.

I liked his his posts. He's very intelligent.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 AM

13,667 posts, read 10,061,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Dallas Kitty became a good friend of mine. I received an alarming pm from her, and suddenly she was gone, never to be seen again. It was very sad.
It's always concerned me, that she just disappeared, as it has really, with many that have gone.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
It's always concerned me, that she just disappeared, as it has really, with many that have gone.
Dallas Kitty called us the David and Judy show, and put up sparkling examples of our names. She was a real nice woman. I can't discuss what she said in her final pm to me, but it was alarming. I sent some pm's back to her, but never received a reply. She never posted again.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,644,494 times
I've noticed a few less trolls lately. I guess people get frustrated when they read the same old opinions. I think CD is also a way to get some good information.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:01 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,212,113 times
It's been a long time since I have been around. I was here nearly every day doing the QotD when Karla with a K did it every day. I started to feel like I was spending too much time online. A lot has happened since then, but I still think about the people I would "visit" here. I miss them and hope they are doing well. I need to step away from other on line time wasters and visit here more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships