Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 01:13 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,179,450 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that many people who die will slip away without it being known... It is only after a while that someone will notice they are not posting.

Maybe you should all "buddy up", exchange emails (at the lowest level and maybe more direct information depending on comfort level) with each other in private messages so that if someone disappears, their buddy can try to contact them.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:25 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,915,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
It seems to me that many people who die will slip away without it being known... It is only after a while that someone will notice they are not posting.

Maybe you should all "buddy up", exchange emails (at the lowest level and maybe more direct information depending on comfort level) with each other in private messages so that if someone disappears, their buddy can try to contact them.
Many of us have. Most people just come and go here. It's not generally a reason for concern if one member disappears for some amount of time. If it's sudden and no hint of it coming then of course one can imagine all sorts of scenarios. I've E-mailed with many here. Yahoo Messaged with many and will someday meet at least a couple.

Life goes on and many simply stray away from the forums or just get occupied with other things.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,305,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
TTDave hasn't been around for sometime as well as my long time friend here BstYet2Be. I know BY2B is O.K. and I think Dave may have given us a heads up of his slow down or hiatus.
That's because you wouldn't STOP using dill pickles!!!!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 PM

32,967 posts, read 36,456,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
A lot of people got fed up with the anti-social behavior of some members and their gossip, rumors, and manipulation.

I say don't let the turkeys win. And I'm not talking about Thanksgiving dinner.
You're here. What more could we possibly want?

Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 PM

32,967 posts, read 36,456,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
That's a good idea, but I believe it's against the TOS to post "Goodbye, I'm leaving" messages.
Goodbye. I'm leaving. I'm not, but I like to test the waters every once in a while. Stiff wind, caution, Gerania. Yeah, yeah.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
That's because you wouldn't STOP using dill pickles!!!!
Hi Kats! Speaking of difficult and scarce! Dill pickles rule... especially in potato salad. I can handle "bread and butter" but not sweet.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 AM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You're here. What more could we possibly want?
You had to reach back to page 1 for that quote. Is that a dig? Cuz if it is I can dig it. Btw I'm the one who was "nice enough" - you said - to send you this message:
Quote:
You mean Gue? She was a great CDer. Life goes on.
Didn't sign it because didn't know how you'd take the attempt at helpfulness. Amiright?

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
...Perhaps a Good-bye thread is needed! If you're turning your backs on us, let us all know why, to quell the mysteries and worries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
That's a good idea, but I believe it's against the TOS to post "Goodbye, I'm leaving" messages.
Maybe the TOS says that because CD doesn't want negative, "so long, suckers!" types of good byes. But with moderation there's no reason why there couldn't be an upbeat thread where people can give positive messages just to let others know they're okay, just not around. And any of them can come back later and start posting again. It could be a "taking time off CD" thread, as well as a "bye now" thread, but their CD friends know no misfortune has happened to them. Will CD do it?

Last edited by bjh; 06-20-2017 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: saw I had been quoted . . . two and a half years later

Old 06-20-2017, 03:51 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,704,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I hated to see Gue disappear from CD too. Hope all is well with her. Been a long time.
I believe Gue is fine. Based on fact. I know the reason and it is solid. Somethings are more important than social media.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I believe Gue is fine. Based on fact. I know the reason and it is solid. Somethings are more important than social media.
Glad to hear it. Many things... Yep!

Old 06-23-2017, 10:56 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,726,214 times
Fantastic thread! One of the few I've ever read through every page. I remember many of the people mentioned on here. I mostly posted in the religion forum. I've befriended a few former CD'ers on Facebook. Someone mentioned how tight-knit the group was back in 2007ish. SO right. Does anyone remember MoMark? He passed away suddenly and the moderators did something very nice in memory of him. I've peeked in a few times over the years but life gets in the way, plus it drove my wife crazy how much time I spent on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships