Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 03:42 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times

Advertisements

^^ Don't like to burst your bubble, Dave, but they all sound like professionals.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:56 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,069,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I know! Women mithering me....... it's been a curse!........ No, I don't wear a wedding ring. I don't wear any thing like that. A ring on my finger would drive me nuts.

Same thing happened once in Las Vegas. Well, twice actually. The first time, Judy had gone to bed, and I was playing blackjack until the early hours. I walked back into the Golden Nugget, and was making my way back to my room.

A very attractive young woman passed me, and said, "you want to go for a drink?" I said, "maybe 20 years ago"........ I got in the lift, and admired myself in the mirror. I stroked my eyebrow like Bob Hope, and said, "you've still got it boy....."

I got back to the room, and told Judy what happened. "She was a prostitute David......" "Do you think so Judy?" She nodded. Ruined it for me........

The next time was when I was in Las Vegas with my son. We were out till late, and were walking through the hotel foyer. A very nice young lady said to me, "where ya goin?' I said, "I'm off to bed....." She said, "can I come with you?" I was quite shocked. You don't expect that kind of behaviour when you're walking through a hotel foyer minding your own business.........
You really need to put a ring on your finger, for your own safety! These women cannot help themselves!

I have three rings on my finger - engagement, wedding and eternity rings. I'm sure I've mentioned (humblebragged) about this story several times before...

A while ago, I was taking my daughter over this adventure park. It was a Sunday, and there seemed to be load of men with kids over there, which I assumed to be single dads. I seemed to be the only women there, with a kid.

Anyway, I was queueing up for tokens and the men were letting me jump the queue all the time. "Go ahead, love" they were saying to me. And me and my daughter were faffing around with some of the activities, not knowing what to do, and I had men coming over to help me.

I thought "What the hell is going on? I haven't had this much attention in years!". But then I noticed that in my rush to go out, I had forgotten my wedding rings. They were all thinking I was a single mum! Probably thinking of 'blended families' and all that!

So, see, a ring on that finger is very important!

Old 07-28-2017, 04:01 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
^^ Don't like to burst your bubble, Dave, but they all sound like professionals.
I know........ I've always been one of life's innocents........ I have always attracted working girls. On my 18th birthday, I was in Cyprus in the army. My friends said lets take the boy out. They took me to Famagusta, which was a lively place in those days.

I was walking down the street, and there were girls outside the bars. I walked too close to one, and she grabbed me. "You going to buy me a drink baby face?"............

I just must have that sort of look, or at least I did.........

Old 07-28-2017, 05:03 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times
Quote:
I know........ I've always been one of life's innocents........ I have always attracted working girls. On my 18th birthday, I was in Cyprus in the army. My friends said lets take the boy out. They took me to Famagusta, which was a lively place in those days.

I was walking down the street, and there were girls outside the bars. I walked too close to one, and she grabbed me. "You going to buy me a drink baby face?"............

I just must have that sort of look, or at least I did.........
Don't feel bad, Dave. We've all been there. The primary way to attract working girls is, drum roll please, be male. I worked as a trucker or what you might call a lorry driver. Some truck stops you practically have to beat them off with a stick. Truckers can buy decals and stick them to the cab of the truck that say "No Lot Lizards." That's the one you see most often or "No Skanks Past the Tanks," the truck's fuel tanks. Otherwise how's a guy supposed to keep a clean machine?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Don't feel bad, Dave. We've all been there. The primary way to attract working girls is, drum roll please, be male. I worked as a trucker or what you might call a lorry driver. Some truck stops you practically have to beat them off with a stick. Truckers can buy decals and stick them to the cab of the truck that say "No Lot Lizards." That's the one you see most often or "No Skanks Past the Tanks," the truck's fuel tanks. Otherwise how's a guy supposed to keep a clean machine?
Gotta keep that machine clean, and well polished.........

Old 07-29-2017, 10:39 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,679,200 times
arguy1973 has't posted in a few months. No one has ever made me laugh harder than he has. Great blogs from him too. I do hope he returns.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:01 AM

32,958 posts, read 36,425,299 times
Quote:
I know! Women mithering me....... it's been a curse!........ No, I don't wear a wedding ring. I don't wear any thing like that. A ring on my finger would drive me nuts.

Same thing happened once in Las Vegas. Well, twice actually. The first time, Judy had gone to bed, and I was playing blackjack until the early hours. I walked back into the Golden Nugget, and was making my way back to my room.

A very attractive young woman passed me, and said, "you want to go for a drink?" I said, "maybe 20 years ago"........ I got in the lift, and admired myself in the mirror. I stroked my eyebrow like Bob Hope, and said, "you've still got it boy....."

I got back to the room, and told Judy what happened. "She was a prostitute David......" "Do you think so Judy?" She nodded. Ruined it for me........

The next time was when I was in Las Vegas with my son. We were out till late, and were walking through the hotel foyer. A very nice young lady said to me, "where ya goin?' I said, "I'm off to bed....." She said, "can I come with you?" I was quite shocked. You don't expect that kind of behaviour when you're walking through a hotel foyer minding your own business.........
It made you feel better for about 90 seconds. Sometimes that's better than nothing.

Say hey, good lookin'
Watcha got cookin'?

Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You really need to put a ring on your finger, for your own safety! These women cannot help themselves!

I have three rings on my finger - engagement, wedding and eternity rings. I'm sure I've mentioned (humblebragged) about this story several times before...

A while ago, I was taking my daughter over this adventure park. It was a Sunday, and there seemed to be load of men with kids over there, which I assumed to be single dads. I seemed to be the only women there, with a kid.

Anyway, I was queueing up for tokens and the men were letting me jump the queue all the time. "Go ahead, love" they were saying to me. And me and my daughter were faffing around with some of the activities, not knowing what to do, and I had men coming over to help me.

I thought "What the hell is going on? I haven't had this much attention in years!". But then I noticed that in my rush to go out, I had forgotten my wedding rings. They were all thinking I was a single mum! Probably thinking of 'blended families' and all that!

So, see, a ring on that finger is very important!
Good for them. They didn't want to see you or your child pushed to the back of the line or not get the service you paid for. People have done that for me, and I've really appreciated it.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
arguy1973 has't posted in a few months. No one has ever made me laugh harder than he has. Great blogs from him too. I do hope he returns.
Ohhh. I don't know him, but if you like him, I would.

Can I borrow an egg? I'll give you some cake tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

Can I borrow an egg? I'll give you some cake tomorrow.
I got eggs.......... Can you make fruit cake? You know, English style, with some brandy in it, and marzipan on top of the cake, then coated in hard icing. None of that soft stuff.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships