Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2021, 10:02 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,100,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^I second this.

Stepka---I wish you all the best.
I'll add my dismay about this, stepka. I wish a change for you in that regard.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:18 PM

2,923 posts, read 2,590,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
BirdieBelle is one that vanished after being a really prolific poster. I liked her posts.
I used to see BirdieBelle's posts regularly as she always had a lot to say on the Relationship forum. I hadn't been reading half as much as I used to on that forum for the past six months so I hadn't notice that she doesn't post anymore. I wonder what happened.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She was my favorite. I suspect she has some personal stuff going on. Good and bad - She had a death in the family and I think she also found new love. I just checked. She officially deleted her account here.

As for me, I am on and off for 10 years. If I read the same stuff over and over, I stay away for a bit. If I don't do computer work, I am not on here. I used CD as a break in between work stuff.
Oh-eve, I'm the same. I'm off and on with this board. I too use CD as a break between work stuff. Sometimes that's a few days and other times it extends a few weeks or months.

I just saw how long you've been a member. I had no idea that you've been a member so long. Seems like I've only noticed your name in the past year or two. I guess I wasn't visiting the boards that you'd often post on.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
Yes, she is one I've been wondering about. Super prolific poster, in almost every thread in this and the relationships forum. I can't even think of a user who comes close, as far as frequency of posts. I can't say I always agreed with her or enjoyed her posts as much as some of you, but she was alright.

Edit: Someone was asking about her previous name. I remember it being something equally feminine, perhaps with a Southern flower name in it.

Lowonluck always seemed to come and go. I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up again soon with a typical Lowonluck post.
If I'm not mistaken Lowonluck was scheduled to have a big wedding in 2020 then Covid came and everything was shut down in her area. Understandably, she was NOT happy about that at all and she ranted and ranted on the Relationship board.

Instead of being empathetic toward her plight, many people accused of her of being selfish and so forth. It seemed like a lot of posters bonded by ganging up on her over that. She finally did get married but it was a small, non-eventful affair (Justice of the Peace?) which she complained about on the Relationship board.

I think she married the person that she'd often complained about or complained about that person's "baggage". I think I'm correct on her story but honestly I can no longer remember all the details. That was the last I heard of Lowonluck's and her issues. However, until very recently, I'd been away from the Relationship board for months and she might have been around or passed through during that time.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And then there’s the memorable negative ones, like one who used to call himself TV &Sports Guy and he had a horrible love life but he was picky to the point of ridiculousness (She spilled coffee on my white rug and she felt bad but I could never be with someone so clumsy!) and he’s listed himself under new names periodically, like Phillyguy or something like that. I can always spot him though, no matter what he calls himself because he’s so annoying and complains about all the same stuff.

Another was Anonchick and she knew more about healthcare than any doc (according to her) and she was so vocal and critical of everything that I wondered how she kept an account because so many of her posts were dripping with sarcasm and I began to suspect that CD paid her to keep things stirred up. She’s been gone awhile I think.

I remember birdiebell and London Cowboy with fondness though...even exchanged a few messages with him and he was so sweet.

I probably won’t be around much longer though as my cancer seems determined to get the best of me. When I drop out, that will be the reason why and I’ve really valued all the interesting discussions I’ve had on here with y’all lovely folks.
Stepka,

I'm glad you were able to post this message. I remember seeing some of your posts over the months or years. I'm not sure how long but your name looks familiar. I'm so sorry to hear about that dang cancer. May whatever time you have left be filled with enjoyment and laughter as much as you can stand (such as the absurdist comedy that is often on these boards).

Old 09-14-2021, 11:17 PM

12,793 posts, read 15,048,285 times
A couple of times, I wondered what happened to a poster named shecat. I see from her stats that she last posted in Oct 2014, so who knows. The pics she has in her album are still there & she started 4 social groups on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Jaminhealth was one of my favorite posters even when I didn't agree with what she wrote or with some of her more "out-there" beliefs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I asked in the natural health forum about Jamineheath. I was told she was no longer a member. I had been afraid covid got her.

I don't remember what started her & I to email on the occasion, but we did...not so much lately. However, I last said HI to her just last month. She said she's been banned from C-D so much that she's not really interested to return. She's found some other forums & has been spending time on them. That's all I know.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:10 AM

10,121 posts, read 6,475,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I wonder what happened to Birdiebell. She was one of my favorite posters. Also Pippyskiddles, she was fun!

Another that comes to mind was RetiredNow, every day a new crazy drama and username!
Oh, that name flicked a switch in my brain. Yup, his (I guess that poster was a he) posts were definitely filled with some crazy drama. I always looked forward to reading them while drinking my morning coffee, kind of like watching an online soap opera. Same thing with Lowonluck's posts, I hate to admit.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:20 AM

10,121 posts, read 6,475,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can see your point. I always think of posters as real people with real feelings and real opinions and I find it fascinating to read different points of view on matters. I feel like it helps me to understand a wider world out there.
I agree. I feel like C-D posters are my virtual community as opposed to the community I see around me. Aside from obvious trolling posts, I take what people post seriously. I've even corresponded with some posters outside of the forum. I don't agree with everyone's viewpoints, but it is interesting and educational to know what they are thinking and feeling. Plus, I don't see a lot of people on a day-to-day basis, so interacting on the forum is something of a substitute.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,072,688 times
You know, I saw that thread title and had to stare real hard for a few seconds......thought it was talking about some beauty contest.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,239,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
You know, I saw that thread title and had to stare real hard for a few seconds......thought it was talking about some beauty contest.
Please don’t go away, TS. I’d miss your posts, even when I don’t understand them, if you did.

I had to look again at the thread tittle to see what you saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.