Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 09:47 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And then there’s the memorable negative ones, like one who used to call himself TV &Sports Guy and he had a horrible love life but he was picky to the point of ridiculousness (She spilled coffee on my white rug and she felt bad but I could never be with someone so clumsy!) and he’s listed himself under new names periodically, like Phillyguy or something like that. I can always spot him though, no matter what he calls himself because he’s so annoying and complains about all the same stuff.

Another was Anonchick and she knew more about healthcare than any doc (according to her) and she was so vocal and critical of everything that I wondered how she kept an account because so many of her posts were dripping with sarcasm and I began to suspect that CD paid her to keep things stirred up. She’s been gone awhile I think.

I remember birdiebell and London Cowboy with fondness though...even exchanged a few messages with him and he was so sweet.

I probably won’t be around much longer though as my cancer seems determined to get the best of me. When I drop out, that will be the reason why and I’ve really valued all the interesting discussions I’ve had on here with y’all lovely folks.

Stepka, Please, don't stop fighting this cancer. You can survive it if you keep fighting & maintain a POSITIVE ATTITUDE toward fighting the cancer. You are "The little engine who CAN." "I Know I CAN" "I KNOW I CAN".

I have family members & good friends who have been diagnosed with a cancer. Some couldn't beat the cancer & passed on. Some of my family & friends whom i love, survived the cancer. It is such an evil disease.

My beloved daughter recently survived ovarian cancer. My darlin' & her husband rang the bell at the hospital.
She is fighting every day trying to keep the cancer from coming back.

I'm praying for you, Stephanie, high here, on the mountain.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:41 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Default anyone remember Brenda-by-the-sea?

Her last CD activity was 10 years ago, almost to the day.
I wasn't on CD then, so all I know of her are the posts she left... good ones.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:56 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
It's been quite a trip down memory lane, skimming through this thread. As many have mentioned, some of the CD members no longer posting have passed away. Mouseketeer hit me the hardest, and most recently, nmnita, who I'd become familiar with almost from the get go. Both she and "spoiled brat" passed away a little while ago.

I've been around CD even longer than my join date, as I was a lurker for several months on the LA forum. So many posters have seemingly disappeared - JeepGirl118, marylandkitten, macmeal, Ariete (mostly posted in Europe forum), MonaLisaVito, SierraAZ, mrstewart, Roma, SifuPhil (who made a brief comeback right after I came back from a several year hiatus, only to disappear again), RbccL, fuzzymistic, da jammer, JustJulia, robertpolyglot, so many more.

Some of the longtime CDR frequenters may remember vasinger, the guy who lived in the old south, would share YouTube links of himself singing and post about his "Mamie" from his childhood years. He was relentless in starting random threads in the relationships forum (this was back before they added the "Non-Romantic Relationships forum).

A lot of you remember LondonCowboy - if I remember correctly, he wanted very BADLY to find a romantic partner in the USA to get out of the UK. He worked as a scaffolder - and if I am not mistaken, he found a taker in the USA and that is why he stopped coming to the forum. He was so sweet, but he was way too young for me! I'm glad that he found someone right for him. I shared with him some photos from my first try at making Yorkshire puddings and he said they were perfect - apparently many Londoners don't even make their own, they buy them prepackaged.

A lot of members have been banned, a lot have dropped out on their own. I miss Dirt Grinder and BirdyBelle, and many others mentioned already. Several posters have been reincarnated as many have observed, and I'm glad they've returned - as a matter of fact, LowOnLuck, who several have mentioned, I believe was formerly Idontdateyou. Same negative vibe, same inflated sense of self.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:07 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Just remembered a few more:

artsyguy
ScrantonWilkesBarre
ArizonaBear
brikag

Old 09-16-2021, 12:23 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I think it was Wmns4Life or something like that? I remember because it appeared political to me (not criticizing her for that -- it just made it noticeable).
Wmsn4Life, I believe it was the county she lived in here in TN.
I remember a rather short lived poster who always posted about problems at restaurants. She seemed to be VERY demanding and had an obsession with ranch dressing. Amusing posts but I always wondered if it was real or some very imaginative trolling.
I do miss a TN regular Kamoshika, his photos were fabulous.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:40 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
TexasReb was a prolific and very interesting poster in the Texas section. Maybe other sections too, I don't know. Anyway, he had a stroke. He was gone for a long time. Then when he came back, he was clearly struggling with letters and spelling though I felt like it was probably great practice for him to type things out. But someone made fun of his spelling (I don't think they knew he had had a stroke) and I don't think he ever posted again. That made me so sad.
I remember TexasReb, now that you remind me. I saw a lot from him many years ago and corresponded a little bit with him on P&OC, I think. When he stopped posting, I never heard anything about why - he just gradually disappeared from notice, like most posters do when they move on.

So sorry to hear he had a stroke. Especially sad as as he's still a fairly young guy. Stroke has recently become a concern for me personally now that I have afib, but thus far I'm doing fine with some help from Eliquis. His profile says last activity 10-02-2020, so I hope he's doing ok.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I remember TexasReb, now that you remind me. I saw a lot from him many years ago and corresponded a little bit with him on P&OC, I think. When he stopped posting, I never heard anything about why - he just gradually disappeared from notice, like most posters do when they move on.

So sorry to hear he had a stroke. Especially sad as as he's still a fairly young guy. Stroke has recently become a concern for me personally now that I have afib, but thus far I'm doing fine with some help from Eliquis. His profile says last activity 10-02-2020, so I hope he's doing ok.
I hope so too - what a treasure he is. He was a very eloquent poster.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:31 PM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Just remembered a few more:

artsyguy
ScrantonWilkesBarre
ArizonaBear
brikag
The second one is now SteelCityRising since he moved to Pittsburgh. He did have a stop in Northern Virginia where he was Restonrunner.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:40 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The second one is now SteelCityRising since he moved to Pittsburgh. He did have a stop in Northern Virginia where he was Restonrunner.
SCR is one of my favorite posters in the Pittsburgh forum (and is also practically my neighbor here in Mr. Roger's 'hood as he lives two neighborhoods or so down from mine). If ever there was a cheerleader for Pittsburgh in all of its warty, former Rustbelt glory, he's it.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I remember AnonChick, she was smart as and funny too. Loved JustJulia as well.

Anyone remember txtqueen? She was a trip and a half. Never took anyone’s advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Txtqueen shows up every 2 years or so. I remember initially feeling sympathetic because we are roughly the same age and both started posting right in the recession years. It felt like a particularly difficult time to come of age and at first I thought people didn't get it. Then I got cancer and she almost killed someone when she bent over while driving to pick up her phone and ran a red light, and our trajectories totally diverged. If I remember correctly, she had a lot of help from family and yet seemed to squander it at every turn. Last she was posting, she was driving around the country with her boyfriend transporting dogs. Good luck to her.
Txt is still around, now she's skysthelimit89.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships