Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 09:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,257,162 times

Advertisements

CC, I’d miss you. Please take care. Be vigilant.

Keep us posted, OK?

Old 10-26-2021, 03:46 AM

4,417 posts, read 3,491,415 times
I would miss you as well coschristie. You always have something to say that makes me think. And you seem like a genuinely nice person.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
coschristi, I would miss you and that is the truth.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:26 AM

928 posts, read 502,208 times
I know I wouldn't be missed here. I had to change my handle on here and the ones who knew me under my old name mostly didn't like me anyway. But its a bigger theme in my life...the feeling of being mostly invisible. I just exist, and few would notice my disappearance. Its just a fact for me now, professionally and personally.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:07 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,758,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I had tears in my eyes reading all the replies. Good tears. I want to thank you all.

Oh I'm sure trying to! I always knew I'd wind up in this position one day, when my youngest reached 'peak testosterone' levels at ages 17-19. He turns 18 next month, ugh. It's a real dumpster fire. I'm as committed to keeping him out of residential now, as I was when he was 4 & I didn't have a clue as to what 'puberty onset aggression in severe autistic males' would even mean. Or even look like. Well, I sure do now! Still committed. Maybe more than ever now, after seeing what happened to ltc patients during covid.

Thank you, Bay. I'm in the best physical shape & am now the healthiest I've been for over 17 years. I have to be strong to mange the ginormous teenager but I also lost 80 lbs & can finally take & post full length pictures of myself & I think I look pretty good for being a 53 year old mom of 11 ... I'd be kinda mad if I got taken out now. I would not 'RIP', lol.

Ha, I know; we don't agree on much! I appreciate you for liking me anyway & the feeling is mutual!

Thanks, Eve. I'd miss you too. I actually looked up your posting history a few months ago because I didn't think I had seen your posts for a while. I think we were just not posting on the same threads or something, glad you are still here!

I'm glad somebody understands, lol! I think most people are superstitious that if they 'say it', it WILL happen but it works the opposite for me.

I remember that! So funny!

Would you believe that by last year, I had posted about that darn bird here on CD so much; that I made it to the first page on Google Search if one typed in "huge bird seen"? Literally "coschristi on City-Data" was the 2nd or 3rd result on the front page, omg (the 1st is usually the Alaska sightings). I haven't posted about it for months now & thankfully I'm off that front page. What a weird thing to be 'Google famous' for.

"coschristi; the Colorado woman who had a Thunderbird perched on her roof one night & could have been carried away ..." lol.
Definitely!

Your situation is very concerning. I feel for you and very much hope you'll do whatever it takes to stay safe. I also - more than ever - applaud your courage and principled stance on the subject of vaccines.

Please protect yourself. We never want to miss you.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:23 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
Yes CC if it gets to be too bad you need to be smart and put him in a home for everyones safety

Old 10-26-2021, 08:23 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
I know I wouldn't be missed here. I had to change my handle on here and the ones who knew me under my old name mostly didn't like me anyway. But its a bigger theme in my life...the feeling of being mostly invisible. I just exist, and few would notice my disappearance. Its just a fact for me now, professionally and personally.
Your wife wouldn't notice your disappearance? Really?

Old 10-26-2021, 03:03 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,570,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
Nobody should feel that way. Although I think far to many people feel invisible in today's world. I hope you will find people, that make you feel much more visible.

Old 10-26-2021, 04:15 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,393,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
What happened to that one very troubled woman who used to post in Romantic Relationships? I think she was British, and her boyfriend was something like Romanian, and a few years younger. He treated her like garbage, and she had such low self esteem that she couldn't leave him. He went on a solo trip to Thailand and ended up traveling with two women his own age.

Then there was the young woman who worked at McDonalds for a spell, had a bum leg, mother and sister were drug abusers. She was dating this predatory older guy (probably married) for a while. He kept promising her a trip to France that never materialized. She wanted to become a lawyer but never seemed to make strides towards that goal. In her last set of posts, she had thought she'd gotten married to a guy, but it had somehow turned out to be a sham wedding. I had a lot of sympathy for her, though. Some people here would just rag on her for her choices (there was one guy who would only ever post on her threads, and always to mock her and remind her of the bad choices she'd made in the past). Others really felt for her and wanted to help her, since she obviously had zero guidance in life, yet seemed to have a brain underneath all of the mishaps.
You're talking about BelleWoods aka Daisy something. Some of us tried to help her early on with suggestions about education, etc. as it was obvious she had no one in her life to help her figure things out and no role models. She posted about a month ago. She thought she was pregnant. She didn't use birth control because she didn't think she could conceive. Her post was closed or deleted I think.

Old 10-26-2021, 04:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You're talking about BelleWoods aka Daisy something. Some of us tried to help her early on with suggestions about education, etc. as it was obvious she had no one in her life to help her figure things out and no role models. She posted about a month ago. She thought she was pregnant. She didn't use birth control because she didn't think she could conceive. Her post was closed or deleted I think.
It's odd she hasn't posted in the pregnancy forum. She's still a member as far as I can tell, and uses CD foir everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships