Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2021, 04:34 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,490,913 times

Advertisements

coschristi - I'm with silibran and Bay in wishing you the very best outcome with the situation you're dealing with. I really like you, in spite of almost never agreeing with your points of view!

On the topic of letting C-D members know of one's demise/disappearance, my daughter has contact details for one member here, who in turn has contact with several others. Perhaps it's something other members should consider doing.

We might think we won't be missed, but this thread shows that's not the case!

Old 10-24-2021, 07:28 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
This thread made me think & last week I spoke with one of my daughters about it. I told her that if something happens to me, that I want her to access my account here & let CD know.

I'm not so full of self-importance to think I would be greatly missed, lol but there might be a few who would wonder. When my mom died in 2017, I stopped posting for about 6 months but I did stop in to say why I wouldn't be here for a while. I haven't a clue as to why I didn't want to post at ALL but at the time I was engaged with a 2 month long, daily posting battle on Great Debates. In fact, I was literally posting here at her time of death, a few miles away. Got the phone call from my dad as I was typing. I just didn't have the heart to keep fighting.

Also, Covid being what it is, has brought out something in me that some posters here don't appreciate. As a "prolific" antivaxxer (was so, before it was "cool"), I'm sure there are some here who are just waiting for a chance to dance on my grave, lol!

Unfortunately for them, it's not likely that covid will be my undoing. Something else going on in my life right now would be. I'm living in a very high-risk environment. I told my daughter that I want her to be honest about it, if that does actually happen.

(I have this weird opposite-jinx thing that has happened my whole life. If I keep a suspicion to myself; it will actually happen. If I release it into the universe; it won't, lol. So there. I have dispelled the negative energy surrounding the probable cause of my potential untimely demise & therefore, diluted the threat. Whew!)
I would miss you.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:11 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,271,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I miss nmnita too as well as Dirt Grinder.
I also miss picklejuice and wonder if his son's illness worsened
I miss mr.magoo - I thought it was cute that he called his house Magoo Manor
Laura - the poster who was a cook on a ship and always had great stories and recipes to share
London Cowboy
I've always thought it was kinda cool when people named their homes. I've always wanted to for the fun of it, but I've never come up with anything.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thanks for reminding me about Minervah.

NoKudzu hadn't been doing well for a long time before she stopped posting.

I started this thread in Other Topics and it has been moved twice.
I'm sorry to hear about that. Weren't she and her husband in their 70s and had teenage twin girls they had adopted? I remember her talking about how she would use cooking and measurements as a way for them to learn math in everyday life. I was impressed by that. I enjoyed her posts.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 PM

36,441 posts, read 16,045,622 times
Anyone remember CoastalMaine....pass the buttah!! Miss her humor.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
This thread made me think & last week I spoke with one of my daughters about it. I told her that if something happens to me, that I want her to access my account here & let CD know.

I'm not so full of self-importance to think I would be greatly missed, lol but there might be a few who would wonder.
I'm pretty sure my absence would go mostly unnoticed, if only because, for the most part, my posts consist of jewels such as "lol," and "you and me both."

Quote:
When my mom died in 2017, I stopped posting for about 6 months but I did stop in to say why I wouldn't be here for a while. I haven't a clue as to why I didn't want to post at ALL but at the time I was engaged with a 2 month long, daily posting battle on Great Debates. In fact, I was literally posting here at her time of death, a few miles away. Got the phone call from my dad as I was typing. I just didn't have the heart to keep fighting.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I've been dealing with a very difficult situation involving my mom in the last few months, and I, too, felt no inclination to post. Didn't have the time, interest or energy, and it seemed meaningless compared to "real-life" struggles.

Quote:
Also, Covid being what it is, has brought out something in me that some posters here don't appreciate. As a "prolific" antivaxxer (was so, before it was "cool"), I'm sure there are some here who are just waiting for a chance to dance on my grave, lol!

Unfortunately for them, it's not likely that covid will be my undoing. Something else going on in my life right now would be. I'm living in a very high-risk environment. I told my daughter that I want her to be honest about it, if that does actually happen.

(I have this weird opposite-jinx thing that has happened my whole life. If I keep a suspicion to myself; it will actually happen. If I release it into the universe; it won't, lol. So there. I have dispelled the negative energy surrounding the probable cause of my potential untimely demise & therefore, diluted the threat. Whew!)
I do this, too! Just this weekend I did it. I tell myself, 'You're being ridiculous, it doesn't work that way,' and then I can't stand it and go ahead and say it out loud.

Anyway, wishing you and your family well wishes.

(As an aside, I can't ever forget your "bird" experience and all the research you had done on it. When I first read about it, I didn't know what to think (and still don't), but I remember that when I first heard about it, I spent the rest of the night obsessively reading all your past posts on it, fascinated, and joking to my SO about it (my reaction). I remember seeing you post in another thread about turkey attacks (on humans) and my making some kind of comment about, yeah, you didn't need to be disbelieved in yet another bird thread. I repped you that I was just joking and didn't mean anything by it, and you responded good-naturedly. )

Old 10-24-2021, 10:24 PM

I thought Nicci6Squirrels was crazy, in the best way. She constantly cracked me up. I believe she posted on the board that her husband was dealing with cancer. She stopped posting at one point, and I finally DM'd her but she never responded. Not sure what happened with her/them.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 10-24-2021 at 10:35 PM..

Old 10-25-2021, 08:59 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,181,230 times
I miss kamoshika. He didn't post much outside the TN forum but he shared sooooo many amazingly beautiful pictures there.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/42521859-post609.html

Old 10-25-2021, 09:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,114,218 times
I had tears in my eyes reading all the replies. Good tears. I want to thank you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Good grief CC. Stay safe!
Oh I'm sure trying to! I always knew I'd wind up in this position one day, when my youngest reached 'peak testosterone' levels at ages 17-19. He turns 18 next month, ugh. It's a real dumpster fire. I'm as committed to keeping him out of residential now, as I was when he was 4 & I didn't have a clue as to what 'puberty onset aggression in severe autistic males' would even mean. Or even look like. Well, I sure do now! Still committed. Maybe more than ever now, after seeing what happened to ltc patients during covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
coschristi, I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with some situation that might end your life, whatever it is. Please know that while I don't agree with your anti-vax sentiments, I have enjoyed reading your posts and would miss you if you went away. Take care and be well.
Thank you, Bay. I'm in the best physical shape & am now the healthiest I've been for over 17 years. I have to be strong to mange the ginormous teenager but I also lost 80 lbs & can finally take & post full length pictures of myself & I think I look pretty good for being a 53 year old mom of 11 ... I'd be kinda mad if I got taken out now. I would not 'RIP', lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
coschristi - I'm with silibran and Bay in wishing you the very best outcome with the situation you're dealing with. I really like you, in spite of almost never agreeing with your points of view!
Ha, I know; we don't agree on much! I appreciate you for liking me anyway & the feeling is mutual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would miss you.
Thanks, Eve. I'd miss you too. I actually looked up your posting history a few months ago because I didn't think I had seen your posts for a while. I think we were just not posting on the same threads or something, glad you are still here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I do this, too! Just this weekend I did it. I tell myself, 'You're being ridiculous, it doesn't work that way,' and then I can't stand it and go ahead and say it out loud.
I'm glad somebody understands, lol! I think most people are superstitious that if they 'say it', it WILL happen but it works the opposite for me.

Quote:
(As an aside, I can't ever forget your "bird" experience and all the research you had done on it. When I first read about it, I didn't know what to think (and still don't), but I remember that when I first heard about it, I spent the rest of the night obsessively reading all your past posts on it, fascinated, and joking to my SO about it (my reaction). I remember seeing you post in another thread about turkey attacks (on humans) and my making some kind of comment about, yeah, you didn't need to be disbelieved in yet another bird thread. I repped you that I was just joking and didn't mean anything by it, and you responded good-naturedly. )
I remember that! So funny!

Would you believe that by last year, I had posted about that darn bird here on CD so much; that I made it to the first page on Google Search if one typed in "huge bird seen"? Literally "coschristi on City-Data" was the 2nd or 3rd result on the front page, omg (the 1st is usually the Alaska sightings). I haven't posted about it for months now & thankfully I'm off that front page. What a weird thing to be 'Google famous' for.

"coschristi; the Colorado woman who had a Thunderbird perched on her roof one night & could have been carried away ..." lol.

Last edited by coschristi; 10-25-2021 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2021, 12:56 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,567,600 times
Quote:
I had tears in my eyes reading all the replies. Good tears. I want to thank you all.

Oh I'm sure trying to! I always knew I'd wind up in this position one day, when my youngest reached 'peak testosterone' levels at ages 17-19. He turns 18 next month, ugh. It's a real dumpster fire. I'm as committed to keeping him out of residential now, as I was when he was 4 & I didn't have a clue as to what 'puberty onset aggression in severe autistic males' would even mean. Or even look like. Well, I sure do now! Still committed. Maybe more than ever now, after seeing what happened to ltc patients during covid.

Thank you, Bay. I'm in the best physical shape & am now the healthiest I've been for over 17 years. I have to be strong to mange the ginormous teenager but I also lost 80 lbs & can finally take & post full length pictures of myself & I think I look pretty good for being a 53 year old mom of 11 ... I'd be kinda mad if I got taken out now. I would not 'RIP', lol.

Ha, I know; we don't agree on much! I appreciate you for liking me anyway & the feeling is mutual!

Thanks, Eve. I'd miss you too. I actually looked up your posting history a few months ago because I didn't think I had seen your posts for a while. I think we were just not posting on the same threads or something, glad you are still here!

I'm glad somebody understands, lol! I think most people are superstitious that if they 'say it', it WILL happen but it works the opposite for me.

I remember that! So funny!

Would you believe that by last year, I had posted about that darn bird here on CD so much; that I made it to the first page on Google Search if one typed in "huge bird seen"? Literally "coschristi on City-Data" was the 2nd or 3rd result on the front page, omg (the 1st is usually the Alaska sightings). I haven't posted about it for months now & thankfully I'm off that front page. What a weird thing to be 'Google famous' for.

"coschristi; the Colorado woman who had a Thunderbird perched on her roof one night & could have been carried away ..." lol.
I definitely would miss you and your "voice" here, too.

Given what you've shared about the situation with your son over the years, I often worry about you as I remember something tragic that happened to a a professor at my alma mater who was in a similar position with her large son who had/has autism. He was around the same age as your son is now when the incident (one of many that culminated in his mother's death) occurred. He was always aggressive, but puberty ratcheted up his aggression to the nth degree.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 10-25-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships