Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2021, 03:49 PM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
She's still a great mom- that's mostly what we talk about. Parenting older and adult children. Her "little girls" are both in college.

She has some challenging, on going, health issues, but she is being treated.
Glad to hear that. In college, WOW.

Old 11-04-2021, 04:12 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,285,659 times
Folks, PLEASE keep thread on topic.

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2021, 04:23 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,455,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
This IS good to hear. I miss her posts too. She always seemed like a very caring individual. She probably won’t recognize me, but please tell her Hi for me, too!

Does anyone remember the user Springs, or Springs-something? There were a couple of threads about restaurant tipping, she she would just go crazy about the topic! I think I got reprimanded due to a comment on one of those, my only reprimand on here ever. She was pretty funny. She’d just disintegrate into an angry mess on the subject of tipping.
Oh, boy, do I remember that one. Ranch dressing was her kryptonite, if I remember correctly. There was definitely something WAAAAY off with that poster. The way she would flip out about the most unrealistic expectations and how harshly she treated the servers based on her obscure and ridiculous standards was epic.

If anyone finds the thread let me know - I'd gladly read through it again!

Does anyone stay in touch with Mona Lisa Vito, aka MJB? I think she first started as mjb-19 or something like that. She was a regular in the relationships forum but just stopped posting several years ago. She was so fun, funny, and truly caring while she was around.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:22 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times
Quote:
This IS good to hear. I miss her posts too. She always seemed like a very caring individual. She probably won’t recognize me, but please tell her Hi for me, too!

Does anyone remember the user Springs, or Springs-something? There were a couple of threads about restaurant tipping, she she would just go crazy about the topic! I think I got reprimanded due to a comment on one of those, my only reprimand on here ever. She was pretty funny. She’d just disintegrate into an angry mess on the subject of tipping.
Will do! I am trying to get her to return to City Data. All of this might help!

Old 11-04-2021, 05:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,455,939 times
I found one of Springs1's threads, it's fun re-reading the various posts. It appears Springs1 stopped posting in November 2018, but was last online in April of 2020. Right after Coronavirus shut-down. Not a member. Since so many have mentioned this poster in this thread, I'm sharing their thread from great debates:

Restaurant Servers Leaving Too Quickly To Get Requests

Old 11-04-2021, 09:22 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oh, boy, do I remember that one. Ranch dressing was her kryptonite, if I remember correctly. There was definitely something WAAAAY off with that poster. The way she would flip out about the most unrealistic expectations and how harshly she treated the servers based on her obscure and ridiculous standards was epic.

If anyone finds the thread let me know - I'd gladly read through it again!

Does anyone stay in touch with Mona Lisa Vito, aka MJB? I think she first started as mjb-19 or something like that. She was a regular in the relationships forum but just stopped posting several years ago. She was so fun, funny, and truly caring while she was around.
FYI, springs use to show up on other message boards I been on, complaining about ranch. Weird that she showed up here too!

Old 11-08-2021, 03:28 PM

7,124 posts, read 4,843,270 times
I came across the user name Telephone Lady earlier today. Haven’t heard anything from her in a long long time. Hope she’s ok.

(Eta - maybe Phone Lady is the name)

Last edited by puginabug; 11-08-2021 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-10-2021, 07:20 PM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
I came across the user name Telephone Lady earlier today. Haven’t heard anything from her in a long long time. Hope she’s ok.

(Eta - maybe Phone Lady is the name)
phonelady61.

I remember a lot of her posts, but I particularly remember that if Biden was going to be elected, he was going to force us all to get vaccines with chips in them so she was taking her husband and grandchildren and dogs and moving to Canada.

I remember that post because I am an American in Canada who retained a lawyer just to get her stay extended to take care of a sick family member. You can't just up and move to Canada on a whim. They are pretty picky about who they let live here, and they especially don't want retirees, who they think will just leech off their health care system. Doubt they are looking for people who think you can put chips into vaccines.

I was amused.

I liked phonelady though. She had some good stories. Hope she's OK and not wandering in circles in some northern woods trying to sneak across the border.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:30 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,028,347 times
EnglishDave has been on my mind all day. Dave, if you're reading this we miss you.

P.S. I'm aware that Dave passed away. He seems like the kind of guy that would like to hang around

Last edited by Umbria; 11-10-2021 at 07:52 PM..

Old 11-10-2021, 07:53 PM

24,639 posts, read 10,968,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Kind of happened to me. I'm Sassybluesy. For some reason, CD decided my password and username were no good, so I had to start over.
Same here and twice. PJSaturn worked some magic and I turned into Threestep2 when CD refused to reset my password.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships