Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 04:31 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Don't know if anyone remembers the poster named jambo? He posted on many sub-forums, but also in the Canadian sub-forum, because I think he was an American who married a Canadian and lived there many years. Just read today that he passed away earlier this year. I'll miss his posts.

Also want to put out another mention of the poster lovesmountains. She stopped posting a few years ago, but I really liked her, too, and occasionally wonder what happened to her. Hope she's well.
Jambo was a native Brit who who moved across to our side of the pond, to Florida, when he was a kid and spent the rest of his childhood in Florida. He and his wife moved to Canada (Montrea)l about 20 years ago. He has a brother who I think still lives in Florida, and has since they moved there during their childhood. In addition to his health issues, he had the added burden of issues with his wife (IIRC, her behavior changed and their grown kids had the same trouble he did in trying to get along), but they did manage to still successfully inhabit the same apartment. IIRC, Jambo was born in the late 1940s or early 1950s.

Old 02-23-2022, 05:35 PM

815 posts, read 984,647 times
I miss cynwldkat.

I started following her posts in Caregiving about her husband with (I think) ALS.

Then followed her to Grief and Mourning after her husband passed.

She was such a kind, generous person and I looked forward to reading her posts every day.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:55 AM

88,690 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Don't know if anyone remembers the poster named jambo? He posted on many sub-forums, but also in the Canadian sub-forum, because I think he was an American who married a Canadian and lived there many years. Just read today that he passed away earlier this year. I'll miss his posts.

Also want to put out another mention of the poster lovesmountains. She stopped posting a few years ago, but I really liked her, too, and occasionally wonder what happened to her. Hope she's well.
I remember lovesmountains, too. I took a look, but she is not banned or anything. She last posted on 12-31-2020.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:57 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,713,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
I miss cynwldkat.

I do too. She was a good poster over in Foods also. The her daughter started posting and once sent batch of cookies from CA to FL for us. Her daughter was known for taking her daughter out in the rain to jump in the puddles in the street. Real down to earth folks.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:52 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,286,924 times
For all of those who have asked about lovesMountains, for years now she has been helping her son recover from Lyme disease and parasitic infections. It's been a very long journey and they've had a lot of ups and downs. She also has become a patient advocate and helps people deal with this disease, even people from other parts of the world, so she's very busy, obviously. I tell her that posters here still mention her, and I do know that she misses people here, too.

Just wanted people to know that she's okay.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:42 PM

88,690 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
For all of those who have asked about lovesMountains, for years now she has been helping her son recover from Lyme disease and parasitic infections. It's been a very long journey and they've had a lot of ups and downs. She also has become a patient advocate and helps people deal with this disease, even people from other parts of the world, so she's very busy, obviously. I tell her that posters here still mention her, and I do know that she misses people here, too.

Just wanted people to know that she's okay.
Thank you.

While I am sorry she has had to deal with such troubles, I admire her for using them to help others. Good on her.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:30 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,286,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you.

While I am sorry she has had to deal with such troubles, I admire her for using them to help others. Good on her.
She was such a great poster here. Always trying to help others with good advice.

I'm getting lots of reps from this post about her.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:26 PM

22,387 posts, read 29,507,923 times
Sea-thanks for updating us. I miss not seeing her around

Old 03-05-2022, 07:04 AM

50,975 posts, read 36,672,261 times
I miss CaptainNJ, who was banned. He had some radical ideas (staunchly Libertarian) but I thought his posts were entertaining and well thought out.

I also miss IronPony’s posts, who was also banned. He was autistic and I think mods and many readers misinterpreted his posts. I would like to hear from KMB, another autistic poster who wasn’t banned but doesn’t come here anymore, because I wonder how she is and if she’s okay (she had a lot of job struggles due to autism and I fear she might be homeless or similar),

I miss NJGoat a lot, his posts were brilliant IMO and he had the ability to discuss controversial issues without offending anyone. He was poster of the year once back when they did that here.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I miss CaptainNJ, who was banned. He had some radical ideas (staunchly Libertarian) but I thought his posts were entertaining and well thought out.

I also miss IronPony’s posts, who was also banned. He was autistic and I think mods and many readers misinterpreted his posts. I would like to hear from KMB, another autistic poster who wasn’t banned but doesn’t come here anymore, because I wonder how she is and if she’s okay (she had a lot of job struggles due to autism and I fear she might be homeless or similar),

I miss NJGoat a lot, his posts were brilliant IMO and he had the ability to discuss controversial issues without offending anyone. He was poster of the year once back when they did that here.
You just reminded me of the competitions CDF held - I once won a $50 gift certificate to Overstock.com. I used it to buy luggage for a trip to Europe I planned that summer.

I am pretty sure IronPony has come back several times with different handles, similar to BrahmaBull who has come back dozens of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.