Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 04:21 PM

50,866 posts, read 36,563,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
His last girlfriend was barely 21, he's almost 40. He was having the usual problems because she was uncomfortable with his kinks.
He’s in his 30’s. They’re both mentally disabled. Having kinks doesn’t make him a bad person. I think a lot of the times he just said out loud what other people don’t because he lacked awareness of what is appropriate. I don’t think he was a pervert.

Old 03-07-2022, 03:37 AM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I've always wondered - how do people know when a poster has been banned rather than simply dropped out?
When it says Not a Member under their name, that is almost always a sign that they were banned.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:13 AM

2,866 posts, read 1,814,075 times
SleathRabbit ? Hasn't Posted since 15 February. Anyone know, ?

Old 03-14-2022, 01:12 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,567,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
I've been concerned about him, too. Hopefully, someone here knows how he's doing.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:14 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,451,279 times
I'm sad to say that after doing a little digging, I found out that one of the members I was friends with but she had dropped out of CD several years ago, well she has passed away in January of this year. She was only 57 years old. I came across her online obituary. She was a regular poster on Relationships forum.

If you think about it, this forum has brought so many people together whose life's paths crossed here in some remarkable way, and we don't really think about letting each other know in what way they touched us. I had mentioned this poster's profile name in a reply in this thread, and had I looked into our DM exchanges at that time (in 2021) I could have emailed her and connected with her before she passed away.

Am I being overly sentimental? Or is it just because most of us have been dealing with a lot more death in the last few years than we ever did before?

Old 03-25-2022, 07:16 AM

2,866 posts, read 1,814,075 times
DontH8Me, overly sentimental you are not. You, like others who Post on this Thread, do care about other Posters with whom we had contact, read often in other Threads.

May I know the Posters City-Data name. Another widow told me to ask about the person rather than "I'm sorry".

As I shared many times, my late husband Bruce, was 40 when permanently disabled. Our Lord allowed us another 25 years together. Life is be to cherished One Day at a Time

How can one hate you, your Post is very caring. Thank you for sharing.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm sad to say that after doing a little digging, I found out that one of the members I was friends with but she had dropped out of CD several years ago, well she has passed away in January of this year. She was only 57 years old. I came across her online obituary. She was a regular poster on Relationships forum.

If you think about it, this forum has brought so many people together whose life's paths crossed here in some remarkable way, and we don't really think about letting each other know in what way they touched us. I had mentioned this poster's profile name in a reply in this thread, and had I looked into our DM exchanges at that time (in 2021) I could have emailed her and connected with her before she passed away.

Am I being overly sentimental? Or is it just because most of us have been dealing with a lot more death in the last few years than we ever did before?
No, you aren't being overly sentimental, although I think we who have been dealing with a lot more death in the last few years are feeling bombed by it. I know I am.

I recently learned of a death of a long-time poster on the Religion & Spirituality forum. He'd stopped posting suddenly, and another member and I tried to find out what happened to him. The other member had once sent him something so he had his home email, and the missing poster had sent something to him copying another person, so he wrote to her and asked. He didn't hear anything for a while but recently got a message from this woman saying that the missing CD member had died last year. He was close to 80. He was a good one.

You get attached to people even though you never met them.

Twenty years ago this year, I started posting on an AOL message board that became sort of a little community. I met two people from that board in person, and I'm still friends with a few of them, now on Facebook.

One of the regulars, a single, older guy, lived in the Hell's Kitchen section of Manhattan. After 9/11, he no longer wanted to stay in the city, so he moved down to North Carolina where he knew a friend and he got a job at a big box store. One night walking home from his job, two lowlifes took his wallet and then shot him in the head just for the hell of it. He was a little guy around 60 with grey hair and they were men in their 20s. There was no rhyme or reason for it (they were caught and are now in prison). We were devastated, and it was so ironic that he'd fled the city for somewhere he felt was safer and met a violent end anyway.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:11 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Who was this?

Old 03-25-2022, 10:57 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
There is a new poster named Boots23, who created an account in early March and has 80 or so posts since then, and the writing style is very similar/identical to SleathRabbit.

I just assumed that maybe he forget his login and decided to create a new account?

I could be wrong, but their writing style and their knowledge on certain topics is a dead ringer for SealthRabbit.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Old 03-25-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
There is a new poster named Boots23, who created an account in early March and has 80 or so posts since then, and the writing style is very similar/identical to SleathRabbit.

I just assumed that maybe he forget his login and decided to create a new account?

I could be wrong, but their writing style and their knowledge on certain topics is a dead ringer for SealthRabbit.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
I think you win the prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships