Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 07:27 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone-2-Beach View Post
I do. Charley was his real name. He was a guy who lived in New York, fought the good fight against Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (with support from many here on City-Data) and won! He was a hospital administrator who also ran an online flea market more as a hobby than a business. That flea market finally closed in 2019 after almost 20 years. When he and his wife retired, he packed up and left for Delaware, a move he had planned for many years and he's been quietly enjoying the good life in "The First State". He also decided that with the change in location, and his enjoyment of places like Rehoboth Beach, a name change would be fitting - so he changed it to "Gone-2-Beach".

2goldens, I remember you and many others with fondness. My days on City-Data was largely good ones and many friendships are remembered in a most positive light.

My best to all who happen to read this little message.

Gone-2-Beach aka Charley
I remember you from the cancer section. I am glad you are doing well.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:15 PM

18,134 posts, read 11,775,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Another MIA poster I miss is Just Zola. She moved from England to South Africa ( where she was born ) and started a IT business.Last post was in Feb, 2019.
Why not search internet service providers and IT programming companies in Africa. I believe you will find some results.

Best of luck,
2g's

Old 07-19-2021, 12:25 AM

61,916 posts, read 87,450,383 times
I miss Poncho_NM. Wonder if anyone knows how he is doing. Didn't post since end of February 2021.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:57 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,745,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I miss Poncho_NM. Wonder if anyone knows how he is doing. Didn't post since end of February 2021.
Poncho is a good guy and was a good mod. I didn't realize he hadn't posted for a while.

Another poster missing for about that long is luzianne, a regular for many years in the Kansas City forum. She rather suddenly stopped posting February 5th. I've DM'd her and received no response. Does anyone know anything of her status?

Old 07-25-2021, 06:24 AM

48,218 posts, read 22,039,104 times
When I first came to C-D I used to go to the Cozy Inn thread....the dominant personality in those days was a woman named "Puffle". She was always upbeat and welcoming. Somehow she fell afoul of a couple of other regulars and eventually I think she was on the outs with CD Administration and ''left". I felt badly about that, as she had always been very nice to me....I began to feel unwelcome in the Cozy Inn and moved on......I am glad I didnt leave C-D as I have had many years of enjoyment and met some great people.....there are some thorns among the roses....but C'est la vie.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:28 AM

48,218 posts, read 22,039,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone-2-Beach View Post
I do. Charley was his real name. He was a guy who lived in New York, fought the good fight against Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (with support from many here on City-Data) and won! He was a hospital administrator who also ran an online flea market more as a hobby than a business. That flea market finally closed in 2019 after almost 20 years. When he and his wife retired, he packed up and left for Delaware, a move he had planned for many years and he's been quietly enjoying the good life in "The First State". He also decided that with the change in location, and his enjoyment of places like Rehoboth Beach, a name change would be fitting - so he changed it to "Gone-2-Beach".

2goldens, I remember you and many others with fondness. My days on City-Data was largely good ones and many friendships are remembered in a most positive light.

My best to all who happen to read this little message.

Gone-2-Beach aka Charley
Charley, I am so glad to figure out who you are/were........and even more glad to hear you beat your cancer. Enjoy life.....you made this survivor smile.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:48 PM

18,134 posts, read 11,775,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When I first came to C-D I used to go to the Cozy Inn thread....the dominant personality in those days was a woman named "Puffle". She was always upbeat and welcoming. Somehow she fell afoul of a couple of other regulars and eventually I think she was on the outs with CD Administration and ''left". I felt badly about that, as she had always been very nice to me....I began to feel unwelcome in the Cozy Inn and moved on......I am glad I didnt leave C-D as I have had many years of enjoyment and met some great people.....there are some thorns among the roses....but C'est la vie.

Elston,
I found Puffle and her Happy Hour threads. It came back to me. There are members that I recall as well. I see ExLacey is in black font and a few other missing members too.

Happy Hour 2007

Nicely put "a thorns among the roses"

Old 08-27-2021, 05:17 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,960 times
I'm sad to see the members that died.

I looked for some who I used to know but maybe I don't have all the names exactly correct or they have not posted in a while.

bikegal
Hunterseat
don45
audreyhepburn
greatblueheron
blktoptrvl
catgirl
rowan123
janND
electrician4you
delahanty
timAZ
swear2cod
jimj
murk
LillyLilly
whippersnapper88
arwenmark

Old 09-02-2021, 06:59 PM

21,578 posts, read 8,753,580 times
I'm concerned about rainroosty. He hasn't posted in nearly a week, which isn't like him. I know that he lives in an area that would have been hit by the storm, so I hope he's OK.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:34 PM

19,245 posts, read 16,757,196 times
I know a lot of that part of the country lost power and it may be out for a month. I hope that's the only problem and he's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships