Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 05:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Anyone heard from Katarina Witt? She was around for quite awhile but not for awhile now.

Old 09-16-2021, 06:20 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Please don’t go away, TS. I’d miss your posts, even when I don’t understand them, if you did.

I had to look again at the thread tittle to see what you saw.
This amused me.

When I was a very young teen, I fantasized about being the female member of the Impossible Mission Force. I loved the original MI, and that's what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I think Tamara maybe furthered that fantasy into a role-playing game, and she tests out new story lines on City-Data

Old 09-17-2021, 11:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
What happened to the women in Arizona who was working as a cashier at Walmart in her 70's (or her late 60's) but quit rather suddenly due to a broken bone, I think, and then advancing COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and rented a room or two to roommates in her house who she had trouble with? (after her adult daughter moved out)
This sounds vaguely familiar but I can't for the life of me think of the poster's name. I haven't read her posts in eons it seems.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
This sounds vaguely familiar but I can't for the life of me think of the poster's name. I haven't read her posts in eons it seems.
AZDesertBrat, last posted Dec 2017

Old 09-18-2021, 08:38 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,154,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
A lot of members have been banned, a lot have dropped out on their own. I miss Dirt Grinder and BirdyBelle, and many others mentioned already. Several posters have been reincarnated as many have observed, and I'm glad they've returned - as a matter of fact, LowOnLuck, who several have mentioned, I believe was formerly Idontdateyou. Same negative vibe, same inflated sense of self.

Really! Idon'tdateyou post I enjoyed, made me laugh! I love finding out someone I miss is just using a different user name. I would really like to know where nokudzo is. There are a few others I use to DM with that are no longer here.

Old 09-18-2021, 05:41 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
just saw some asking about Birdiebelle

We met up a couple of years ago and now are living together. Doesn’t come here anymore but lots of fun memories.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 09-18-2021 at 05:49 PM..

Old 09-19-2021, 09:52 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,154,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
just saw some asking about Birdiebelle

We met up a couple of years ago and now are living together. Doesn’t come here anymore but lots of fun memories.

Good for you two!

I have met up with about a dozen people I have met on this and another forum. It's always fun to see what that person is like IRL. I have remained friends with some and also dated one for a while.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:43 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
I miss Katarina, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This amused me.

When I was a very young teen, I fantasized about being the female member of the Impossible Mission Force. I loved the original MI, and that's what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I think Tamara maybe furthered that fantasy into a role-playing game, and she tests out new story lines on City-Data
We-ll, a few things.

Ever read the comments of Susan Day George (Kasey) about Leslie Anne Warren (Dana) on that show? About how MI was a Republican show but Warren, being a Democrat, must have been in her nightmare warped universe?

As that I have both those TV series, 60s and 80s, watching them (more the old) now, I don't know how much I fantasize about them. Of all the women spies of all such shows of the last century (that I saw), I think I would want to be Lady Diana Forbes-Blakeney (The Avengers Forever: Killer ), Jaime Sommers, and Purdey, in that order.

The problem with MI is "Caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your activities". That sounded so cool in the 60s but then, it was found so often to be SOP of government in reality. In short, it sucks!

Finally, in being an ex Spook of a type in retirement, I look back at the "fun" of being a different person in the blink of an eye.......and now wonder what the heck was I doing.

When I first started playing The Fantasy Trip (Steve Jackson Games, Metagaming), I played it by testing out, playing my characters from the stories as I was writing. It is a good way for character development.....up to a point (no pun). What can be said of a character in a story when the game encourages them to be like ....... Game Master "You come around the corner and meet an armed stranger and...."
Character "I put my sword through them!".

Do I test out new story lines here? Maybe but of course, I have to be careful about that blogging bit for they have a permanent room for me at the CD Jail.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 09-19-2021 at 01:00 PM..

Old 09-20-2021, 06:43 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Someone just recently posted that Rachel976 passed away (the topic was quickly deleted). The poster said that she was single throughout her life and had no close friends and considered the people she interacted with on this message board to be like her family. I found this to be kind of touching.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:10 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,672,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Someone just recently posted that Rachel976 passed away (the topic was quickly deleted). The poster said that she was single throughout her life and had no close friends and considered the people she interacted with on this message board to be like her family. I found this to be kind of touching.
Was the post deleted because it wasn’t true? I know Rachel976 posted sometimes many times a day but has not in a couple of months. However that could be due to many other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships