Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you still be friends?
yes 8 4.37%
no 158 86.34%
depends on the circumstances 11 6.01%
With a set of boundaries lthat is respected 6 3.28%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,056,205 times

Advertisements

happy, sorry but you will just have to live with the "aftermath" of your affair with your friends husband. leave her alone, forgive yourself. learn the lesson and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,366,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
happy, sorry but you will just have to live with the "aftermath" of your affair with your friends husband. leave her alone, forgive yourself. learn the lesson and move on.
keyword is financee. She wasn't married to him when the affair happened

Old 02-16-2015, 07:27 PM

22,622 posts, read 47,766,032 times
I don't know why you keep saying that!
It was wrong to have sex with your friend's man... engaged OR married.
You wrecked their relationship.... and it sounds like you would be okay doing it again to someone else, as long as they aren't married yet.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,752,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Are you really trying to justify a despicable act against your so called friend, by making a distinction of the fact he was her fiancé?

Put yourself in her shoes and maybe you can get out of your selfish little bubble.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I don't know why you keep saying that!
It was wrong to have sex with your friend's man... engaged OR married.
You wrecked their relationship.... and it sounds like you would be okay doing it again to someone else, as long as they aren't married yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Are you really trying to justify a despicable act against your so called friend, by making a distinction of the fact he was her fiancé?

Put yourself in her shoes and maybe you can get out of your selfish little bubble.
To answer your question. no I wouldn't do it again. I learned my lesson and the pain I caused. I was clarifying your response.

If I was in her shoes, I'd give her a 2nd chance being my friend considering I've known her since childhood and each other's families, mine & hers. Then boundaries would be set up and respected.

People do make mistakes and do change

Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 PM

93 posts, read 216,250 times
Give up people. Didn't get it then. Not getting it now. Likely getting it...never.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:54 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,779,205 times
Quote:
But they were COMMITTED. He was HERS. Not YOURS.

Quote:
To answer your question. no I wouldn't do it again. I learned my lesson and the pain I caused. I was clarifying your response.

If I was in her shoes, I'd give her a 2nd chance being my friend considering I've known her since childhood and each other's families, mine & hers. Then boundaries would be set up and respected.
You crossed a very large line. A line that will not be forgotten.

She very likely assumed that since they were ENGAGED that boundaries WERE set! Generally, when a couple is engaged, it is understood that each is committed to the other. YOU did not respect those boundaries. She is very well justified in assuming you will not respect the boundaries SHE and her current man have set, so she has chosen to cut you out of her life. That is her choice and her right.

I'd do the same thing. So MOVE ON and DO NOT CONTACT HER.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:56 PM

698 posts, read 961,684 times
Quote:
She only talks to me briefly if we happen to run into each other. Rarely, she will answer my texts.
I don't talk on phone.

I mailed her a Valentine's Day card last week.... Not even a response.

She has blocked blocked me on FB.
Get the message, leave her alone and move on with your life.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
But they were COMMITTED. He was HERS. Not YOURS.

You crossed a very large line. A line that will not be forgotten.

She very likely assumed that since they were ENGAGED that boundaries WERE set! Generally, when a couple is engaged, it is understood that each is committed to the other. YOU did not respect those boundaries. She is very well justified in assuming you will not respect the boundaries SHE and her current man have set, so she has chosen to cut you out of her life. That is her choice and her right.

I'd do the same thing. So MOVE ON and DO NOT CONTACT HER.
I asked if I could visit her just the two of us when her current man was away working or whatever and her answer was no

Old 02-16-2015, 08:24 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,779,205 times
Quote:
I asked if I could visit her just the two of us when her current man was away working or whatever and her answer was no
Well, DUH!! SHE DOES NOT WANT YOU IN HER LIFE!!!

YOU cheated with HER man.
YOU wrecked her life at that point.
YOU were the enemy.
YOU were the woman with whom her man cheated.

SHE has decided that she no longer wants you in her life.

SO MOVE ON.

WHAT IS SO HARD TO GET ABOUT THAT?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships