Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
I turn the water off by using the paper towel. How would someone else grab my paper towel out of my hand? I never said I sat there and watched someone take a dump.
can you believe that stupidity?

Geese Louise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 AM

671 posts, read 901,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
I turn the water off by using the paper towel. How would someone else grab my paper towel out of my hand? I never said I sat there and watched someone take a dump.
What do you do with the hand dryers? Use toilet paper to turn on/off the water? Although generally a place with no touch hand dryers also have no touch sinks.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:52 AM

708 posts, read 721,783 times
Some guys are really bad at this. More germs then any where. Wash your hands! Glad the guy called him out on it!

Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
What do you do with the hand dryers? Use toilet paper to turn on/off the water? Although generally a place with no touch hand dryers also have no touch sinks.
I use my elbow to turn on the hand dryer.I always turn on the water when i first walk in the bathroom, if the sink is automatic then great. If there is a hand dryer and instead of paper towel then I use my elbow to turn the water off. For situations where it is all automatic I keep spare napkins in my back pocket to use on the handle of bathroom doors.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:11 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
can you believe that stupidity?

Geese Louise?
It did make me shake my head

Old 05-22-2015, 08:19 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,448,002 times
So I was at a Rutgers-Harvard game once, wearing my Rutgers sweater of course, and I went to the men's room during halftime. A Harvard man was also using the facility, and gave me a sneer upon noticing my sweater. After finishing my business I was about the leave the restroom. The Harvard man haughtily intoned "At Harvard, we wash our hands before leaving the restroom". To which I replied, "Well at Rutgers we don't **** on our hands!"

Old 05-22-2015, 08:22 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
So I was at a Rutgers-Harvard game once, wearing my Rutgers sweater of course, and I went to the men's room during halftime. A Harvard man was also using the facility, and gave me a sneer upon noticing my sweater. After finishing my business I was about the leave the restroom. The Harvard man haughtily intoned "At Harvard, we wash our hands before leaving the restroom". To which I replied, "Well at Rutgers we don't **** on our hands!"

I was kicking the sides of my cradle when I first heard that one.
It has been repeated--ad infinitum, ad nauseum--for decades, with every possible college name inserted into the joke.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Obviously it's best for people to wash their hands after using the toilet. Shaming people who don't is not the right way to handle it.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Obviously it's best for people to wash their hands after using the toilet. Shaming people who don't is not the right way to handle it.
so how do you impose change?

when people get angry and stick together you have change....so, shaming someone a little bit is a lot better then spreading germs and possibly putting someone in the hospital

and teaching your kids to do so is an even better possibility....

my God, to hell with me for shaming someone for doing something wrong....and even believing they are right?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
so how do you impose change?
Put pressure on the businesses to place simple signs in their restrooms educating patrons on the health benefits of hand washing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships