Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:45 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Germs are everywhere, not just in the bathroom! If someone were to rudely point out that I didn't wash my hands after using the restroom, they would have more to worry about afterwards.

I wash my hands for my sake, not anyone else. I use a paper towel to open the bathroom door when i am leaving, I do not assume that others will and should wash there hands and even if they do, who says they are doing a good job... seriously?? I see folks all time simply run their hands under water, no soap, no scrubbing.. if you are seriously worried about the germs spreading then you need to spend a good 5 minutes scrubbing your hands and arms with a good germ killing soap. No one does that so EVERYONE is guilty.. even the tool-bag that is calling out those who do not wash at all.

If your that paranoid about public restrooms, then don't use them...
You made a whole lot of assumption in your post. Everyone knows that germs are everywhere, but the bathroom is the chance to wash your dirty hands especially after using it.

I do love how certain people keep claiming how the person calling you out will have more to worry about if they said something to you as if the person wasn't expecting you to get upset about it. How long you wash your hands is debatable. You also don't necessarily have to scrub your arms after using the bathroom. You can't say what someone else doesn't do when they wash their hands so lets stop the assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 09:44 AM

28,903 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Germs are everywhere, not just in the bathroom! If someone were to rudely point out that I didn't wash my hands after using the restroom, they would have more to worry about afterwards.

I wash my hands for my sake, not anyone else. I use a paper towel to open the bathroom door when i am leaving, I do not assume that others will and should wash there hands and even if they do, who says they are doing a good job... seriously?? I see folks all time simply run their hands under water, no soap, no scrubbing.. if you are seriously worried about the germs spreading then you need to spend a good 5 minutes scrubbing your hands and arms with a good germ killing soap. No one does that so EVERYONE is guilty.. even the tool-bag that is calling out those who do not wash at all.

If your that paranoid about public restrooms, then don't use them...

yes, but as most of us already know, germs are much more prevelent from bathrooms, and people not washing their hands.

To say that you wash your hands for you, is very self imposed, to not even give any concern for others....we're all together in this, and what you do, how you think, and what you say, not only reflects your personality, but also, can effect so many others in either a negative or positive way.

No one is paranoid, we're just discussing this issue, to hopefully shine some light on the fact that we all should be washing our hands after using the restroom....and to perhaps make others aware that if they are not, people are certainly aware of the fact that someone isn't....

its a different world today....they don't make buildings anymore, that you can open windows and air out, and everything seems to be recycled air...so preventing germs especially during flu season is a very serious event for some....and the best way to do that is to wash your hands a lot during the day and not touch your face.

It never ceases to amaze me, that if something is being discussed that goes against the grain of someone, that person never fails to post that others are being paranoid.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I am guilty of not washing my hands after a simple pee.... The sink is dirty and I'll use hand sanitizer later. Thank you.
I cannot believe you even admit to doing so...how disgusting...and using the hand sanitizer later, let me tell you hand sanitizers have been proven not to be effective.

thank you for not caring about how you effect others.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:19 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but as most of us already know, germs are much more prevelent from bathrooms, and people not washing their hands.
Hard to say that's the case. Exactly the same germs will be found on elevator buttons, and more or less prevalent is questionable. The additional moisture in a rest room probably gives those same germs much more motility...which if anything is reason to avoid touching anything in the restroom.

Personally, I don't touch elevator buttons, door handles, or other such commonly handled surfaces with my bare hands anywhere, much less in restrooms.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:42 AM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Hard to say that's the case. Exactly the same germs will be found on elevator buttons, and more or less prevalent is questionable. The additional moisture in a rest room probably gives those same germs much more motility...which if anything is reason to avoid touching anything in the restroom.

Personally, I don't touch elevator buttons, door handles, or other such commonly handled surfaces with my bare hands anywhere, much less in restrooms.
That's easier said than done unless you're carrying gloves.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:12 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
That's easier said than done unless you're carrying gloves.
Elbows, plus the fact that I normally wear a blazer or suit jacket and can use the corner of that.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:

I just saw a man, come out of the bathroom the other morning, without washing up....and then he goes and touches the elevator buttons, the railings, the counter of my desk....ewwwww, really grosses me out....
but it especially gets me angry during flu season.

Hey, we can't be germaphobes...however, we can do what we can to help, and those who don't, to me, care nothing about others, b/c they are self imposed....and yes, I've also seen people just quickly rinse off....but I think what it comes down to mostly are the parents, if parents take the time to teach their kids manners, maybe more would comply?

Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM

88,612 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Elbows, plus the fact that I normally wear a blazer or suit jacket and can use the corner of that.
Is that you, Melvin Udall?

Old 05-28-2015, 07:02 PM

88,612 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I just saw a man, come out of the bathroom the other morning, without washing up....and then he goes and touches the elevator buttons, the railings, the counter of my desk....ewwwww, really grosses me out....
but it especially gets me angry during flu season.

Hey, we can't be germaphobes...however, we can do what we can to help, and those who don't, to me, care nothing about others, b/c they are self imposed....and yes, I've also seen people just quickly rinse off....but I think what it comes down to mostly are the parents, if parents take the time to teach their kids manners, maybe more would comply?
Ok, and now for the obvious question: How do you know he didn't wash up?

Old 05-29-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ok, and now for the obvious question: How do you know he didn't wash up?
LOL, (I knew someone would ask that), because I went into the men's room by mistake... Seriously, Because no one else is in that time of the morning....and as I was walking to the ladies room I heard the flush and out he came....BOOM....and now I have an entire different opinion of him....

tell you what, one of my co-workers, a man, was telling us how disgusting men are, that most men do not wash up....

and then they go into the freezer for ice cubes....ewwww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships