Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 10:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfRenting22 View Post
I didn't yell. Nice try

Funny you have nothing to say about the beeping. Smh.

Shake your head at someone else. I seriously doubt you used your indoor voice at midnight when telling someone who just woke you that people are sleeping.

The horn honking, eh, it happens all the time when you choose to rent in an apartment complex.
Don't like it, move. If you had not said anythig to this person about the horn, they would not have honked it 4 times the next time there were there. That is the thanks you get for yelling out of the window, at midnight.

I live in the country so I don't have to deal with any of the nonsense of neighbors, horns, being yelled at to be quiet etc.
You should try it just a bit of advice if you do though. If you yell at the Coyotes, they get louder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
Quote:
I guess we were a little naïve to think that an upscale apartment that would attract classier people.

There is definitely a difference in the look, amenities in these apartments, compared to others.. I guess that's it.

People behave differently when they know they'll be moving in a year or two. And even in a nice apartment, you've still got people on both sides of you and possibly above and below you, so lots of chances to irritate neighbors or be irritated by them.

Maybe you should look into renting a house. There's usually a bigger deposit than an apartment, but it might be more comfortable as far as not having so many other people so near to you.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:52 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,709,438 times
Quote:
I guess we were a little naïve to think that an upscale apartment that would attract classier people.

There is definitely a difference in the look, amenities in these apartments, compared to others.. I guess that's it.
What are you really going to do when a neighbor in your new and upscale and not rented home beeps their horn late at night?

It happens there as well.

Yes it's rude...and just because someone has money to afford a nicer place doesn't make them have manners or consideration of others. You really must be naive..because money often translates into less concern for the feelings of others....it doesn't buy class, manners or morals.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:56 PM

22 posts, read 30,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Shake your head at someone else. I seriously doubt you used your indoor voice at midnight when telling someone who just woke you that people are sleeping.

The horn honking, eh, it happens all the time when you choose to rent in an apartment complex.
Don't like it, move. If you had not said anythig to this person about the horn, they would not have honked it 4 times the next time there were there. That is the thanks you get for yelling out of the window, at midnight.

I live in the country so I don't have to deal with any of the nonsense of neighbors, horns, being yelled at to be quiet etc.
You should try it just a bit of advice if you do though. If you yell at the Coyotes, they get louder.
He honked the horn 4 times when he picked her up, that was earlier in the evening. Again..nice try

Old 05-19-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
What are you really going to do when a neighbor in your new and upscale and not rented home beeps their horn late at night?

Yes it's rude...and just because someone has money to afford a nicer place doesn't make them have manners or consideration of others. You really must be naive..because money often translates into less concern for the feelings of others....it doesn't buy class, manners or morals.

In my experience... Lower income areas have this problem on a more recurring basis.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post

Well back in my younger days when I couldn't afford a nice apartment and in a lower income area, this type of thing happened all the time. In the years since I could afford a nice place, it hasn't really gone on.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:13 PM

277 posts, read 365,387 times
Sometimes you have to resort to guerrilla tactics in dealing with these kinds of nuisances. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. This book is a good primer. Get Even: The Complete Book Of Dirty Tricks: George Hayduke: 9780873641869: Amazon.com: Books

Old 05-19-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
Sometimes you have to resort to guerrilla tactics in dealing with these kinds of nuisances. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. This book is a good primer. Get Even: The Complete Book Of Dirty Tricks: George Hayduke: 9780873641869: Amazon.com: Books
Lol thanks

Old 05-19-2015, 11:18 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
"Luxury apartment" probably means: slightly higher ceilings, bigger rooms, a nice soaking tub and/or big shower. With luck, bigger windows. That kind of thing.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Luxury apartment" probably means: slightly higher ceilings, bigger rooms, a nice soaking tub and/or big shower. With luck, bigger windows. That kind of thing.
Pretty much and

Security, stainless steel appliances, nice finishes etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships