Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:09 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I used to see a guy with cartoon tattoos. But not the superheroes. Elroy Jetson, Scooby Doo, Barney Rubble.
I saw a guy like that in a grocery store a while back. He was in his early to mid 20s.

He was showing them off by wearing a muscle shirt and he obviously worked out at a gym. He was smiling and was with a small group of people (maybe gym friends) walking like he was real proud. I couldn't get over how silly he looked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 04:30 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,205,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I saw a guy like that in a grocery store a while back. He was in his early to mid 20s.

He was showing them off by wearing a muscle shirt and he obviously worked out at a gym. He was smiling and was with a small group of people (maybe gym friends) walking like he was real proud. I couldn't get over how silly he looked...
And he probably didn't even know you were alive and still doesn't. I have to wonder who's the silly person.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:35 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
And he probably didn't even know you were alive and still doesn't. I have to wonder who's the silly person.
The no-brainer answer is the grown man showing off the multiple childish and silly cartoon tattoos. Obviously he could care less about me, or anyone else who disliked his tattoos.
I can't believe I had to state such basic common sense.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I stated multiple times that one has the right to scar their body if they want to.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:39 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,987,191 times
I don't think people have the same fear of being judged that they once had. We are stuck with this body for a lifetime, cannot do much to alter it, so decorating it seems as natural as decorating anything else. Have fun and do what you want on your "meat suit."

Old 09-07-2015, 05:17 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,625,748 times
I was at an Oktoberfest event yesterday, and there was a man in his early 20's walking around without a CLOTH shirt, but had 100% tattoo coverage from his wrists to his neck, covering both arms and his entire (visible) torso, as well as his legs from his ankles up his calves to his pant legs. The ink was all one color (slightly bluish black) and perfectly matched stylistically. I don't know the theme, the details were very fine and small, but it was amazingly artistic and perfectly designed as a single art piece.

They were positioned in such a way that wearing a suit and tie, you would never know he was inked at all, let alone covered.

Anyway, all I could think of looking at him was, it's must be melancholy for him to drive by a tattoo shop and know that he simply had no more space left to add anything. His days of getting tattoos was over.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:57 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I can't even imagine picking something I would love forever. My favorite shirt today will not be my favorite shirt in another year.
+1

Given how most of us change and evolve regarding our interests and our relationships as we age, I find it difficult to believe that most people will feel that their trendy tattoos are still relevant to their lives when they are in their later years.

When you consider how permanent a tattoo actually is, I believe than many people will come to regret their youthful decisions regarding body art.

Or, should I have stated that they will later "regert" those decisions?

Last edited by Retriever; 09-07-2015 at 06:10 AM..

Old 09-07-2015, 08:34 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,241,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1

Given how most of us change and evolve regarding our interests and our relationships as we age, I find it difficult to believe that most people will feel that their trendy tattoos are still relevant to their lives when they are in their later years.

When you consider how permanent a tattoo actually is, I believe than many people will come to regret their youthful decisions regarding body art.

LOL

I saw a very similar one to that with a mis-spelling. It said "No ragrets"

Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,205,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
The no-brainer answer is the grown man showing off the multiple childish and silly cartoon tattoos. Obviously he could care less about me, or anyone else who disliked his tattoos.
I can't believe I had to state such basic common sense.
What you are calling "common sense" isn't that, because it is fixed on the wrong person.

Quote:
I'm entitled to my opinion and I stated multiple times that one has the right to scar their body if they
want to.
Indeed, you can have your opinion, and the other fellow's right isn't even up for discussion.

But it is equally silly to waste your time huffing and puffing about those cartoons. You're carrying them around as much as he is.

There is an old story about two monks who come to a street corner and see a prostitute standing there unable to cross in her finery because the street is a wet and muddy mess. One monk picks her up and carries her across and puts her down on the opposite side of the street. The two monks continue on their way, but the one who did not do the carrying is huffing and puffing at his companion: "How could you do that! What a dumb wretchedly stupid thing to do in front of people! How dreadful!"...and on and on.

After listening to this harangue for several blocks, the first monk turns to the other and says, "Put her down!"

Old 09-07-2015, 09:45 AM

818 posts, read 1,018,124 times
It is like cattle being branded in a way. Except for some strange reason they chose to be branded.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:55 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,967,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1

Yup people do age. SMH. Now people are paying good money to have tats removed. What really gets me are those holes people put in their ear lobes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships