Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:07 PM

912 posts, read 920,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
This is one of the more ridiculous posts that I have seen on C-D.

The right of self-protection is one of those God given, inherent rights that everyone has. Violence in defense of ones self or other innocents, against a physical attack, is ALWAYS justified.
How old are you, TaxPhd? The OP is obviously a child, or am I wrong? If you are old enough to be his parent, how about acting like one. Would you tell your own child that their question was ridiculous? Shame on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 06:11 PM

912 posts, read 920,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is never justification for physical violence no matter how you attempt to describe it.
That is absolutely absurd. So, say you're walking down the street and get jumped, are you just going to stand there and get beat? Someone breaks into your house and threatens to abduct your spouse, you are just going to let them do it? Someone sexually attacks you, you are going to lay there and take it? Not this lady. I escaped rape by kicking a man in the privates, and I'd do it again. You can lay there and be a victim, but not me.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:56 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,622,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is never justification for physical violence no matter how you attempt to describe it.
The OP has been raised by parents who hit people. What other skills could he have learned?

Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,173,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
How old are you, TaxPhd? The OP is obviously a child, or am I wrong? If you are old enough to be his parent, how about acting like one. Would you tell your own child that their question was ridiculous? Shame on you.
Actually nope, I'm now 28. I was then 17 at the time.

I'll definitely will not ever treat someone like that, much less if I ever had a child.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
That is absolutely absurd. So, say you're walking down the street and get jumped, are you just going to stand there and get beat? Someone breaks into your house and threatens to abduct your spouse, you are just going to let them do it? Someone sexually attacks you, you are going to lay there and take it? Not this lady. I escaped rape by kicking a man in the privates, and I'd do it again. You can lay there and be a victim, but not me.
That potential rapist deserved what was coming towards him. That's the one of the few times I could careless if a man got kicked there and got his privates damaged.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:58 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,981,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I've actually moved on and well my relationship with him got better during my later on adult years.

The reason I brought this up is because I got upset when someone from another site stated that one should never ever hit or get physical with their parents, not even if they hit you and that if they do it's probably because you deserve it. The person obviously was someone that thought that because they're your parents, they have free rights to get physical whenever they want to

I don't think that's ok. Would that poster who said that say the same thing to an spouse or someone else. All I know is that if you slap your manager because they said something you didn't like (even if he/she was rude) you would get fired and charged with assault.

Nope, no other incident like this happened again...except for a yelling match on a distant occasion.
The people who will tell you something like that have no idea what kind of childhood you had. People with normal parents and good relationships with those parents can't imagine what your life was like and their advice isn't relevant to your past or to your future. When your dad gets old and needs your help and you don't want to help him because he abused you in the past, some people will tell you that you're a horrible person because they can't imagine parents treating kids the way you were treated.

You should always defend yourself and always fight back, and don't let anyone tell you different.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,592,960 times
I got my butt kicked by my Parents quite a few times, and deserved every butt kicking I got. I learned some important lessons. Biggest one was that I didn't know it all. Also, that I should do what I am told to do.

Most folks today don't discipline their Children, and its worked out so much better, from what I can see.

We did not need Cops in School. Today they do.
No one brought Guns to school. Today they do.
Was never a school shooting. Are today.

Yep, fine Job.

would also like to hear the Fathers version of this story.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
The OP has been raised by parents who hit people. What other skills could he have learned?
Or it could go another way. I learned that it's only ok to use force in self-defense when you need to (as in that instance), that hitting is to get your points across is pointless and you still end up wondering ''but besides getting hit, what is really the lesson'' and most of all end the cycle of using an object to hit a child.
I'm a woman BTW.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I got my butt kicked by my Parents quite a few times, and deserved every butt kicking I got. I learned some important lessons. Biggest one was that I didn't know it all. Also, that I should do what I am told to do.

Most folks today don't discipline their Children, and its worked out so much better, from what I can see.

We did not need Cops in School. Today they do.
No one brought Guns to school. Today they do.
Was never a school shooting. Are today.

Yep, fine Job.

would also like to hear the Fathers version of this story.
I believe you can discipline without using objects to hit a child. All I know is if I ever had a kid, I won't ever raise him/her in that manner. I don't want my future child to ''do that because I said so period'' nope. I want them to make better decisions because it's the right thing and lead by examples.

My father isn't a computer person, doesn't even know how to use the Internet and speaks Spanish mainly. I tell my story as accurate as possible and call it out as it is/was.

As for no one brought guns to school?? Are you sure about that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

According to this article, it started as early as the 1760's and I'm assuming that was during the time kids were hit with objects or hit hard to the point of having a hard time sitting down (that I'm willing to bet many of those parents called that ''discipline'')

Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 PM

10,944 posts, read 5,795,695 times
Quote:
How old are you, TaxPhd? The OP is obviously a child, or am I wrong?
You're wrong. RIF. Read the original post.

Quote:
If you are old enough to be his parent, how about acting like one. Would you tell your own child that their question was ridiculous? Shame on you.
My response that you quoted was NOT directed at the OP, but rather to the person who said that violence was never justified. And I didn't tell anyone that their question was ridiculous.

You REALLY need to work on your reading comprehension, because you got ALL of that wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships