Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 AM

439 posts, read 520,293 times

Advertisements

Ok, the thing I thought about today (though this is getting off topic) the way my mother *blames me* for having to spend $5,000 retainer on getting a lawyer...

Um, why didn't she not do ( ) or ( ) regarding my niece's care?

Then blames me....it's all my fault..

*This post will not make sense unless you read other posts. Aren't lawyers for guilty people anyways?

hashtag dealing with crazy people.

This is why we are estranged...

Wmsn4Life:

"They won't change, so YOU have to change how and how much you interact with them."

Hmm, I agree. And with time, it seems to get farther and farther away from "normal"

Last edited by sunburned_in_seattle; 12-15-2015 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

(Did you know that's probably why you like parentheses so much? They trained you to not even value your own thoughts, so now you relegate half of them to 'afterthought' status.)

Hmm, thank you,Wmns4Lfe, I will think about this..

Old 12-15-2015, 12:08 PM

I judge people's character by observing how they treat animals, children, and the mentally retarded.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,498,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My own children know that information, they wouldn't have to ask. I don't think the OP has the right to any information on her step siblings that isn't already public information, in which case, she can find it if she looks hard enough. If she had a relationship with them, it wouldn't be an issue would it? And her own sister doesn't want to share her info either. There's a back story here, but I doubt very much her parents are doing it out of competition.

Yeah, there's a reason no one wants the OP to have any of their information and they are not close with her.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yeah, there's a reason no one wants the OP to have any of their information and they are not close with her.
No, my mother is embarrassed of her past actions...

Ugh, I came up with a plan - I should have thought of in the first place!! Send text message or facebook message to step-brother, "What is you address? I am sending out Christmas cards." Then send them a card. It would've worked and *no lying*.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:08 PM

Plus, 5 messages from my mother: she doesn't want me to work for a government job, or anything that would tye me to this state so I can move back to her house...

no thank you...

Old 12-17-2015, 01:59 PM

Holy smokes I got an interview...Lol, Lol, Lol, after all that drama w my application

Old 12-17-2015, 04:33 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,945,572 times
You clearly have a couple of issues here at play...

But I could see why family members would be weirded out at being asked to give their personal information for a job when they didn't know what the job was or why the info was needed.

I would fill the form out as best you can and write Unknown when you need to, with a note stating that you are estranged from these family members for personal reasons. As long as they aren't convicted felons, you'll probably be okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships