Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 04:06 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,103,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Unless your neighbor has a bird sanctuary, he's being unreasonable. I'd love to tell him to write the city government to ask how to handle it legally, just for fun.

People let cats out all the time; I think the other posters are wrong to demand that the cat be kept indoors.
Birds are largely native species which have lived here long before humankind.

Cats are an unnatural, human-introduced predator species which kill native songbirds and other fauna in wholesale slaughter.

Notice I said 'kill', not 'kill and eat'. Because human-introduced cats don't kill birds to eat them. They torture them. Leave them broken and disemboweled.

I have seen the too many times. Way, way too many times.

I trap outdoor cats. And I don't care if it's 'your' cat.

You turned it loose to wreak havoc and inflict torture upon wildlife.

At least I have the decency to haul your cat off to the animal shelter.

Your cat shows no mercy. It inflicts torture for amusement. I've seen too many baby robins disemboweled and left to die by cats like yours. I bury them, decently.

And you don't care.

Every year I trap and dutifully haul off about half a dozen stray cats from my property. And I'll do it again.

And don't get me started on Toxoplasmosis.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:21 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,403,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Cats don't respect boundaries. Keep your cat inside where it is safe or build a catio for it. Google " catio" if you don't know what it is.
This. This cat isn't thinking "this wall I'm on is the property line, so I won't go any further".

Old 01-03-2016, 04:48 PM

318 posts, read 373,634 times
I apologize if I sounded nasty in my initial post.

Obviously I am impassioned, dealing with other peoples pets cost me a substantial amount of time cleaning up cat pee which is not fun, time spent initially installing very pretty floating vynil planks that ended up ruined, and a good deal of money. As you see from other responses and how locals to me dealt with it, some people will not put up with it and trap/shoot/poison a beloved pet. Even people without ill intentions could have things growing in their yards (like lilies) that are highly toxic in small amounts.

a catio really is the ideal way to go. they come prefab, but googling you find some very cost effective plans to build them yourself, even if you are a renter and you need something you can dissemble and take with you should you move. I have an upper deck I sometimes allow my kitties to use supervised so they can watch birds and sniff the breeze. keeps them contained and safe.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:46 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,785,291 times
Hawks, owls, coyotes, dogs, cars, poison, trapping, mean people...all reasons to keep your cat inside.

My current cats have been inside only (except for supervised walks outside WITH me) for 20 and 5 years now, and they are very happy, contented cats.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:55 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,460,603 times
Keep your cat inside. In my town, it is completely illegal to have a cat roaming around like you described - if I was your neighbor I'd have animal control all over this.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:09 PM

7,040 posts, read 4,923,628 times
So I'm going to wee in everyone's Cheerios right now. For those who have problems with their dogs barking at cats and chasing cats and breaking fences and glass because of cats, how about you learn to train your dogs?

Let me put it this way: if your dog chased the neighbor's cat across my newly planted lawn, do you really, seriously think I'm going to blame the neighbor for not keeping his cat inside? Sorry, folks, it doesn't work like that. All pet owners are responsible for their pets, not just some of them.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:25 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I'd be more worried that your neighbor will put out poison in his yard. Or shoot your cat. Keep it inside.
Yes. I had a neighbor who used to poison the cats.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:37 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,804,775 times
We don't have this problem in my neighborhood. Outdoor cats become coyote food pretty quickly.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:49 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,936 times
cats are gross

DOGS!

Old 01-03-2016, 07:57 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,330,663 times
I vote to get rid of the cat. Cats don't obey commands like a dog. When I watch them walk, it's reminds me of a prissy & entitled brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships