Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
So I'm going to wee in everyone's Cheerios right now. For those who have problems with their dogs barking at cats and chasing cats and breaking fences and glass because of cats, how about you learn to train your dogs?

Let me put it this way: if your dog chased the neighbor's cat across my newly planted lawn, do you really, seriously think I'm going to blame the neighbor for not keeping his cat inside? Sorry, folks, it doesn't work like that. All pet owners are responsible for their pets, not just some of them.
Its their instincts to chase cats. Not all dogs will have a high prey drive, but the ones that do...ou can't train it out of them.

So if YOUR cat is on MY property and my dog gets hurt, its YOUR fault.

Please keep your cats indoors. For their safety and the safety and comfort of others.

You would think it would be common sense. I know so many people who had a cat that just never came home. They were heart broken...but there is 1001 bad things that can happen to a roaming cat.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:05 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
This neighbor tries to say my cat is invading his personal property.

How should I approach the situation?

The wall is between my backyard and his.

Keep your cat in your house if you don't want problems with your neighbors. My neighbors across the street have "outdoor cats". Those are not pets, they are parasites.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:14 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,001,244 times
Cats should be kept indoors, for the sake of the cats themselves, your neighbors, and the environment. I am so sick of watching my neighbors' cats come into my backyard and kill birds and small animals. One even ruined my screen door by jumping up and hanging on it, and it peed near the door too, so that it smelled.

You are being an irresponsible cat owner and a bad neighbor. Keep the cat indoors, and if you can't do that, don't have a cat.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
We have dogs that hunt bear...........and coyotes in the winter.

When we first got our hounds I was shocked at how some teach the dogs to hunt.

Since I want to keep this PG...........please keep you cats inside.

Never give away "free" cats.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:10 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,112,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
In my family we've had three cats, all that stayed indoors. I feel like they should be kept inside. However, I feel the same way about dogs too. While dogs might be more likely to stay on their own owner's property, they can still get loose. On top of that, I have a lot of neighbors who will let their dogs bark non-stop. So yea, I believe cats should be kept inside and so should dogs. If you want to own animals they should be your responsibility, and not an annoyance to anybody else.
Yes, this!^^

Just keep 'em all inside, or on a leash, or supervised!

If you cannot do one of these things, you should not be a pet owner.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
So I'm going to wee in everyone's Cheerios right now. For those who have problems with their dogs barking at cats and chasing cats and breaking fences and glass because of cats, how about you learn to train your dogs?

Let me put it this way: if your dog chased the neighbor's cat across my newly planted lawn, do you really, seriously think I'm going to blame the neighbor for not keeping his cat inside? Sorry, folks, it doesn't work like that. All pet owners are responsible for their pets, not just some of them.
Totally agree. Dog is out of control.what does he do when a Bird lands in his yard?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Totally agree. Dog is out of control.what does he do when a Bird lands in his yard?
Well I can speak for my dog that got herself hurt trying to jump at cats through the window. She never did it with a squirrel, bird, other dog walking by, etc. My dog was totally under my control...IN MY HOUSE. The cats were running loose, totally out of anyone's control.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:34 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,967 times
It's out of the realm of the (very limited) logic anti-cat people can comprehend, but "Neighborhood Cats" can be a very positive thing for an area. I know researching that would be out of the question, but cats aren't going anywhere. As a human, you can embrace that fact of nature, or keep doing as most humans choose to do, hate and agonize over something you know nothing about thinking that hate and anger will make your tiny little sphere of reality a better place.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
It's out of the realm of the (very limited) logic anti-cat people can comprehend, but "Neighborhood Cats" can be a very positive thing for an area. I know researching that would be out of the question, but cats aren't going anywhere. As a human, you can embrace that fact of nature, or keep doing as most humans choose to do, hate and agonize over something you know nothing about thinking that hate and anger will make your tiny little sphere of reality a better place.
It isn't anti-cat to think cats should be watched outside or kept inside. Its actually very pro cat as so many cat go missing, get hit by cars, eat poisonous things, get attacked by other cats and wild animals and are sometimes abused by humans. To me its anti cat to get them and let them fend for themselves outside.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:47 AM

446 posts, read 709,189 times
KEEP YOUR CAT INDOORS.

It's not like when we were kids and people were nice to their neighbors.

People being what they are these days it is NOT SAFE for your cat to be outside.

Get some nice cat trees by the windows and play with your cats everyday, there will be an adjustment period but they'll be perfectly happy being indoor cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships