Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 11:39 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,633,897 times

Advertisements

You both need professional help but for different reasons.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,181,992 times
Yes, it is perfectly okay to abandon a baby if you cannot take care of it.

In fact, it is legal to 'abandon' a child at a hospital.

The alternatives have been horrific which is why it is legal.

Don't judge unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:03 PM

474 posts, read 320,293 times
She told you she was going to leave the baby on a doorstep and now you want to find that "baby".... What happened between the time she told you she wanted to do this and the time you stopped talking to her. Did you ever see her again? Are you sure she abandoned the baby?

Old 06-28-2016, 12:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,779,769 times
Leave it alone and mind your own business.

I can't imagine what you'd talk about with the 15-year-old daughter if you even found her.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:13 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,548,794 times
....with all the stories of babies being thrown in dumpsters and other sorts of horrific scenarios, i'd rather the mom leave the baby at a home, hospital, police station, etc.....if I opened the door and saw a baby i'd bring it in and call the police....at least it would have a chance instead of being found 2 weeks later amongst the garbage.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:43 PM

29 posts, read 30,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibay View Post
She told you she was going to leave the baby on a doorstep and now you want to find that "baby".... What happened between the time she told you she wanted to do this and the time you stopped talking to her. Did you ever see her again? Are you sure she abandoned the baby?
I'm positive she left the baby, because she called me once right after she did it to tell me. She said something about leaving her in this blanket with a note to the parents and something about waiting outside until the parents came out and saw the baby. My memory is a little foggy though.
That was the last time I ever accepted any calls from her and the last time I've seen her face to face was at our high school graduation 14 years ago. Last I heard she worked as an ER Nurse. That's all I know. I haven't seen her in more than a decade though.
I still want to make an effort to find her daughter and talk to her though-I think she deserves to know about her biological mother.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yes, it is perfectly okay to abandon a baby if you cannot take care of it.

In fact, it is legal to 'abandon' a child at a hospital.

The alternatives have been horrific which is why it is legal.

Don't judge unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.
She didn't abandon her daughter at a safe haven she abandoned her at a DOORSTEP. I highly doubt that's legal.Moderator cut: delete . She should have gotten arrested for that.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-28-2016 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: orphaned response

Old 06-28-2016, 03:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,447,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle.knights View Post
I'm positive she left the baby, because she called me once right after she did it to tell me. She said something about leaving her in this blanket with a note to the parents and something about waiting outside until the parents came out and saw the baby. My memory is a little foggy though.
That was the last time I ever accepted any calls from her and the last time I've seen her face to face was at our high school graduation 14 years ago. Last I heard she worked as an ER Nurse. That's all I know. I haven't seen her in more than a decade though.
I still want to make an effort to find her daughter and talk to her though-I think she deserves to know about her biological mother.
You have no right to determine what this child deserves, stay out of her life, her business and the life of her family.
Why is this such a tough concept for you to grasp? Is this child yours and not your *friend's*?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:52 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,798,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle.knights View Post
This reply is unbelievably rude and I'm not sure where all this anger comes from. Have you done the same thing to your child?
I'm sorry- I "dumped" her because she abandoned her own child at a doorstep of a random couple. Like I said, what kind of mother does that?
The girl deserves to know what happened and who her biological mother is. I'm sorry-but she has to know. She's 15, I'm sure she can handle it. I just want to make sure she's ok. That's all.
No she doesn't have to know and you have no clue if she can handle it or not. Just because she's 15 doesn't mean she would be able to deal with this. She may have already processed it and you would just be opening an old wound. You know nothing about this girl. If you were really concerned you would have done something 15 years ago not now.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You have no right to determine what this child deserves, stay out of her life, her business and the life of her family.
Why is this such a tough concept for you to grasp? Is this child yours and not your *friend's*?
Of course she's not mine. I told you I've never had a baby and I've never been pregnant either. At least I was always smart enough to use protection. Unlike some people...
I'm concerned because I keep on thinking of what life would be like for this child without a biological mother, without knowing who she is. My friend may have been messed up but she had some good characteristics too. Her daughter deserves to know. I'm sorry if this rattles her & her current family, but whoever they are it's not like they're her biological parents.
If you were in that girl's position are you really meaning to tell me you wouldn't want to know about who you really came from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships