Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 02:34 PM

22,150 posts, read 13,202,623 times

Advertisements

What is a "self-baked cake"? Sorry if that's already been answered (didn't read the whole thread).

Old 08-22-2016, 02:35 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,811,324 times
Wow really?! I don't get the overthinking of nothing?? You are your own worst enemy.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 PM

16,443 posts, read 12,616,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
What is a "self-baked cake"? Sorry if that's already been answered (didn't read the whole thread).
I'm assuming that means as opposed to store-bought.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:04 PM

997 posts, read 942,860 times
I thought it meant baked from a mix. I don't know, but that is what I thought.

Something that takes little effort.

It would be nice to have that defined because I had to guess.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 PM

14 posts, read 11,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Maybe I missed it a bit earlier. Have you indicated that you have voiced your concerns to this person at any time?
Not really. probably that is part of the issue as well. You can't really say anything critical to that person, I have faced some insults and bad behaviour. When you aren't really able to talk about them they just get bigger in your mind and you start to question even your own behaviour.

For example, a while ago I had some stressful time going on and couldn't concentrate to school at all so it was couple of months that I couldn't take any courses so I didn't even graduate at the time I was supposed to. I had bought a trip earlier mainly as a graduation gift to myself. I didn't graduate but I still planned to go to the trip as I had paid for it. I didn't talk much about the trip as it reminded me of not being able to graduate because of the stressful time I went through. My friend commented the trip that oh, how I absolutely had deserved the trip as I had been so diligent/hard-working in school. Earlier I'd have just ignored the comment but I asked her that was that a sarcastic comment or what, since I haven't taken any courses for several months and she knew about the stressful times and of lack of concentration because of that.

My friend got a terrible attack on me that how I dare to think that she would made such a terrible comment that how terrible friend I think she is. I just apologized, and it was couple of hours that she continued critizing me. She never questioned her behaviour that was her comment probably inappropriate or anything, it was me who had to apologize her.

If I had (mistakenly) made such comment I'd have apologized and that's about it, but she just turned the problem towards me. I just can't understand anyone to have such comment but in purpose, for me to start wondering how I really didn't deserve the trip.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:10 PM

22,150 posts, read 13,202,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I thought it meant baked from a mix. I don't know, but that is what I thought.

Something that takes little effort.

It would be nice to have that defined because I had to guess.
Gosh; "baked from a mix" would be a lot of effort in my world! I'm the girl who brings a bag of chips to the potluck (if I can't get out of the potluck). Some of us are just not that domestic or homemaker-ish.

Maybe this is in the south, where that is practically a crime!

She showed up and brought something. If this is the worst thing your friend does to you, you're good.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:19 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,931,117 times
My upbringing has taught me to bring something when I go to someone's house for a social gathering. If that person said they didn't have anything besides wine, I would be sure to chip in with something to eat. Maybe not a cake, cause I don't think cake and wine pair well. But...still.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:37 PM

666 posts, read 647,629 times
Is it possible that yr friend was just hungry?

Old 08-22-2016, 03:37 PM

2,507 posts, read 1,889,975 times
Next time your friend shows up with a cake, why not just throw it in her face?

That should take care of friends coming around with food.....or ANY friends coming around, for that matter. Then you won't have any problems....or friends....

Old 08-22-2016, 03:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,304,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallish View Post
Umm, might be the case that I'm crazy and overanalyzing her actions as she has treated me quite badly and we see somewhat rarely nowadays. But if I was invited to someone's place I could ask that is there something I could bring, I wouldn't just show up with a cake, I think it'd embarassing. I didn't actually say that I have just wine but that I have "nothing special" and plan was to buy some strawberries along with wine and snacks but she showed up early so didn't have time. As said if any other friend would have came with a cake, I wouldn't obviously think anything bad :-D Actually I think it's somewhat like this : "I spent the afternoon making this because I just knew that Fallish wouldn't have bothered to have any food for us." In addition, obviously didn't say anything about it just happend to think now afterwards that was her kind gesture really genuine as they haven't earlier always been. Also, forgot to mention that she brought some picnic sandwiches along with the cake but the sandwiches were only to herself which I think was very attention seeking behaviour. Firstly says that nothing is needed then shows up with a cake and sandwiches to herself.
You sound so childish. Your friend was simply trying to be nice. She said nothing is needed to make you feel better because you had invited folks for wine and snacks.....and obviously didn't have snacks.
Good gravy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships