Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 01:56 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,120,170 times

Advertisements

That poor kid. I honestly can't imagine being a kid with both parents messed up on drugs. I know it happens but I can't even imagine how terrible of a childhood she must be having due to her parents being complete idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 02:44 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,577,004 times
Try to gain custody of that poor child. Until your son gets off of drugs and rid of his girlfriend, your grandchild's life could be in danger.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:05 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,925,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Ok our Son has a Girlfriend, they have a Daughter together.

The only time she wants anything to do with our Son is when he has money. She is trying to destroy him in any way she can think of. She had him thrown in Jail, prison would be better. She is on Meth.

He had property with two Trailer Houses on it, he sold it she now has the money. She has taken every vehicle he has gotten. He just got a car, making Payments on it but she is now driving it.

If we say anything to her he is in our face. But he wants to stay with us when they are fighting.

He is married but don't want to get a divorce because he don't want to marry this woman.

Thing is if our Son insist on being the way he is we just soon not have him around but he is still our Son

brushrunner

Your son is an adult and is responsible for his own decisions. The fact that you need to make his business your business is precisely the reason he continues to make bad choices. He knows mommy and daddy will always bail him out.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM

20,777 posts, read 20,063,065 times
Quote:
He is 33. His wife met another guy in Key West, took off with this other Guy. Her mind is mess up on Drugs, she is drawing Disability because of this.

CPS didn't give us Official Custody of our Granddaughter we didn't find this out until Girlfriend took off with Granddaughter and we called the Sheriff which told us Girlfriend had already talked with them.

Girlfriend and Son were fighting, Sheriff came out, Son was staying with us. Girlfriend calls Son asked him to come up to their place that his Daughter wanted to visit. He went there, Sheriff was waiting arrested him for violation of Restraining Order. Granddaughter was no where around.

Yes I would say our Son is on some Drugs too.

brushrunner
No offense, but what have YOU done to save your grand daughter? Seems like you have put your head into the sand. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing that child is probably accompanying their parents to get more drugs, crawls around near needles and pills and hears them yelling and throwing up all day and night. This is no place for a child.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:31 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,465,453 times
Quote:
He is 33. His wife met another guy in Key West, took off with this other Guy. Her mind is mess up on Drugs, she is drawing Disability because of this.
CPS didn't give us Official Custody of our Granddaughter we didn't find this out until Girlfriend took off with Granddaughter and we called the Sheriff which told us Girlfriend had already talked with them.
Girlfriend and Son were fighting, Sheriff came out, Son was staying with us. Girlfriend calls Son asked him to come up to their place that his Daughter wanted to visit. He went there, Sheriff was waiting arrested him for violation of Restraining Order. Granddaughter was no where around.
brushrunner
Tell your son and the baby's mother that you are going to fight to get custody of your grandchild, but that if they want to avoid having to deal with the court system they can give you temporary custody of the child until they can get sober and properly care for the child. If they agree, get an attorney to draw up the agreement, if they ignore you (and they probably will) call CPS every single time you have reason to believe that your granddaughter is in harms way, and keep calling until they do something to get the child out of their custody.

Unfortunately if your son and his girlfriend are using drugs there is nothing you can do for them, they will just have to learn the hard way and get arrested a few times and lose everything they own, but the grand baby is the real victim of this so get in there and fight for her.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,147,186 times
Quote:

brushrunner
Thats kind of what I was thinking & thats where your biggest problem lies. If you do get temporary custody of your granddaughter & CPS determines that your son is using too they will probably demand that he not be allowed in your home until after completing a treatment plan.

That might actually help you to stay out of the drama but it will be hard.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:00 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,278,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
No offense, but what have YOU done to save your grand daughter? Seems like you have put your head into the sand. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing that child is probably accompanying their parents to get more drugs, crawls around near needles and pills and hears them yelling and throwing up all day and night. This is no place for a child.
Exactly. Get off CD & get custody of that poor kid. Wtf.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,685,727 times
He's an adult. He needs to take responsibility for his actions. Why on earth would you let him stay at your home ever? Clearly has a looooooong track record of making poor decisions. He's married.....has a girlfriend...has a child whom you say NOTHING about....a drug addict girl girlfriend....gives money away...sells possessions. I highly doubt she's the only drug addict in that dysfunctional relationship. Stay out of it. Take care of the child. Let the adults destroy themselves. That's the only way they will learn anything at this point.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:00 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,685,727 times
Quote:
That is what we can't figure him giving her anything.

His wife left him in Key West with nothing but a pair of Shorts and T Shirt. No Vehicle, no ID, no Money. You try being in this situation trying to find a way back home. Next to impossible.

brushrunner
I'm guessing there's a reason she left his sorry behind. A girlfriend.....drugs....gee what a catch!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:24 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,505,805 times
I think the OP needs to brush up on communication skills. I am confused. Is he married, have a girlfriend, are they the same? Who is on drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships