Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:14 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,668,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Still tacky.

And it was her son's wedding, not hers so why would I be invited?

And they live 1500 miles away.

You people have no taste. Sad.
You are extremely rude and judgemental, quit worrying about other people being tacky and concentrate on trying to be a nicer person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,341,257 times
Quote:
Still tacky.

And you have no grace.

My parents invited their friends to my wedding, even ones that lived 1,500 Miles away. Guess you just didn't make the cut

Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,387,824 times
Food trucks are quite trendy right now, and many of them are getting into the wedding business. My daughter is just starting to plan her wedding, and we've noticed that it's a "thing" to have food trucks show up for all or part of the wedding.

It could be that the food truck showed up later in the event as a snack. Even if that's not the case, who cares? It was a fun and different thing to do.

Last edited by rrah; 09-19-2016 at 06:44 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 06:26 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,786,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
And you have no grace.

My parents invited their friends to my wedding, even ones that lived 1,500 Miles away. Guess you just didn't make the cut
Yep, mine too! And I have been invited to my friends' children's weddings who live quite a distance away.

OP, you are very judgmental. THAT is far tackier than any food choices.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:16 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,363,871 times
Quote:
Ok, so an old friend of mine just posted pictures of her son's wedding reception. The event was "catered" by a burger and hot dog food truck.

So, post your tacky stories here.

Considering I have a family member who spent a fortune on her first wedding (it lasted less than a year) and her second one wasn't exactly cheap (she's divorcing now after 7 months) I'd say it's time to stop worrying about the wedding and start focusing on the marriage. I would rather attend a wedding catered by a burger and hot dog food truck than attend some ridiculous $100 a plate dinner.

Did you ever read Erma Bombeck? She wrote humorous columns in the paper. She was talking about how the $25 wedding seemed to last a lot longer than the $10,000 ones.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 AM

6,494 posts, read 6,706,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Did you ever read Erma Bombeck? She wrote humorous columns in the paper. She was talking about how the $25 wedding seemed to last a lot longer than the $10,000 ones.
Studies do show correlation between expensive weddings and a higher divorce rate.

I didn't realize that food trucks were becoming trendy for weddings until I read this thread, but I love it! Why should couples' weddings and receptions all be those unoriginal, over the top affairs that add to the wedding industry's $300 billion global revenue? Put down the bridal magazines and celebrate however you want!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:39 AM

13,981 posts, read 26,000,903 times
Quote:
Still tacky.

Congratulations, it's rare indeed to start a thread and have absolutely no responses agreeing with your OP.

I've been invited to many weddings for the offspring of my friends. If I consider them friends, I know their families, and have witnesses their children growing up.

What's distasteful is going to the internet to rip apart the wedding of a supposed friend. Sour grapes, which don't taste nearly as good as hotdogs and hamburgers off a food truck.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:44 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,455,206 times
Quote:
What's sad, is that not a single person here agreed with you, and you think *we* have no taste.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:47 AM

2,504 posts, read 1,882,659 times
OP, having received not ONE agreement to his/her post, will slink away in disgrace and go find something else to be offended by.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:58 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,717,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Considering I have a family member who spent a fortune on her first wedding (it lasted less than a year) and her second one wasn't exactly cheap (she's divorcing now after 7 months) I'd say it's time to stop worrying about the wedding and start focusing on the marriage. I would rather attend a wedding catered by a burger and hot dog food truck than attend some ridiculous $100 a plate dinner..
We've been invited recently to a wedding that's going to be super formal. And although I have nothing against those types of weddings, my husband doesn't want to go. He doesn't feel comfortable at events like that and doesn't want to get all dressed up.

I remember talking to a woman who insisted she wanted a big, expensive wedding even if it meant not being able to buy a home within the next 5 to 10 years. The money she could have used as a down payment on a house, was used on her wedding expenses. She was very defensive about her decision. So it's really her life and her choice. But it's not something I would choose. I think someone can have a decent wedding for under 5K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships