Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 11:15 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times

Advertisements

You're assuming "unconscious" means unconscious because that's the word you/she chose.

If you know anything about drinking, it's more likely the girl just thinks she was unconscious but was in a black out condition - still APPEARING like she knew what was going on. Talking etc. AND wasn't the guy drunk, too?

Millions of people regularly say they don't remember anything they did when drunk.

Didn't you ask her any questions or were you just listening to the strong parts? HOW did she get in bed with the guy, for example? Unconsciously? Were they making out? UNCONSCIOUSLY?

Drinking is STUPID and something I never cared for.

Jumping into a guy's bed while drunk is INAPPROPRIATE, too. Have some self respect.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-17-2016 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-17-2016, 11:16 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
NONE of these things gave him permission to shove his hand in her pants when she was unconscious!!!

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
OK, now I am questioning whether I got the story right. OP claimed the woman was unconscious, but also claimed she verbally said "No." because she was on her period.

This is a very confusing story.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:19 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Either you are very young or you need to realize this is the REAL WORLD.....You need to be responsible for yourself.....The "village" is not going to help you!!
I am not young. Just because someone gets intoxicated does not give anyone the right to do as they please.
If you think this you have the same philosophy her skirt was so short she was asking for it.

The man needs to take responsibility for his behavior, period.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:20 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Why would it be surprising? The media and the woman we are about to elect as our president, in part because she is a "champion for women", have been victim blaming the victims of her own husband for decades now. "Victim blaming" is only wrong when it's expedient for it to be so. If our own soon to be president can do it, and be hailed as a forward thinking feminist while she does so, why can't the rest of us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
But you know its different for Hillary....She lives under a different set of rules than the rest of us common folk!!
A great majority of women do this - blame the other women for their husband's indiscretions. Why would Hillary be any different?

Old 10-17-2016, 11:23 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So she's not only responsible for her own behavior, she's responsible for his as well?
Exactly. That's just insane. Should she have gotten drunk and gone to his place? No, bad decision. But in no way does that make it her fault for HIS actions. That's like saying, "Well, women are physically weaker than men and therefore they deserve to be overpowered and dominated." Just because someone CAN do something does not mean they SHOULD do it! Two totally different things.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,712 times
Also, it could be that he was also so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing. But I don't think that a person would do something so completely out of line with their actual character JUST because they're drunk. Even when wasted, you still know right from wrong.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:27 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,574 times
To play devils advocate here-

In your first post, OP, there is no mention of her being unconscious. You said that she woke up- did she pass out, fall asleep or something else?

Was the 'alleged groping' a continuation of the making out that they had been involved in? A lawyer might ask that. He did stop when she said no.

This would turn out the be a he said- she said story. There is no medical evidence to support her claim, only a vague sense of uncertainty. I don't think that she has a legal case but she should talk to a counselor to get a better sense of her options.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:29 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,030,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
And I'm sure you'll take that righteous indignation with you right in to the voting booth as you pull the lever for a woman who has publicly and repeatedly victim shamed women who have been accusing her husband of doing a lot worse than is alleged to have happened in this thread.
Aw, you're cute, all making assumptions about me because I don't think an unconscious woman is "asking for it" and using a thread about sexual assault to further your political agenda. Classy.

Last edited by Jenkay; 10-17-2016 at 11:40 AM..

Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Also, it could be that he was also so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing. But I don't think that a person would do something so completely out of line with their actual character JUST because they're drunk. Even when wasted, you still know right from wrong.
This brings up an interesting point: Everyone always says "women shouldn't drink so much that they make bad decisions" (several folks on this thread have blamed the girl for drinking) and then turn right around and talk about how the guy was drunk so he didn't realize what he was doing was wrong. How come nobody ever says "maybe HE should never drink again if things like this are gonna happen when he does?"

Old 10-17-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
OK, now I am questioning whether I got the story right. OP claimed the woman was unconscious, but also claimed she verbally said "No." because she was on her period.

This is a very confusing story.
You're conflating two different parts of the story. The period statement was later, as in "I wouldn't have let him put his hand down there no matter what because I was on my period". She woke up, told him to stop fondling her, and then made that statement later. Does that help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships