Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:46 AM

64 posts, read 49,207 times

Advertisements

i tried a couple of different make up concealers at store, I didn't find the color i was looking for and left. Store employee follows me to my car, knocks on my window, I opened it and yells at me stating I didn't put the concealer samples back on its place on top of that threatened me to not go back to the store, I didnt say anything back as I dislike confrontations, employee walks away and stands behind my car taking pictures of my car plate and continues standing right next to me until I finally left.

I called store manager and explained the situation. Store manager tells me that she will have a conversation with employee but she will call me back to let me know whether or not I am welcome at the store in the future due to this incident.

Sorry for venting, I am just frustrated, I got so scared when employee was yelling at me at parking lot I thought I was going to be hit or something worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 04:05 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,965,642 times
I am so sorry that happened to you. I would NOT shop at that store ever again due to how they handled that situation. Poor behavior on their part.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:13 AM

4,388 posts, read 4,431,389 times
there are always at least 2 sides to every story

Old 11-07-2016, 08:55 AM

296 posts, read 218,948 times
Sometimes, I wonder if store employees aren't programmed or taught to behave the way they do.

It bugs me when a store takes away my shopping cart when making a small purchase.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:58 AM

13,981 posts, read 26,027,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
And having spent years in retail, I'm betting the other side is a doozy.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:23 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,509,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid America Lifer View Post
It bugs me when a store takes away my shopping cart when making a small purchase.
Well this is wonderfully random. LOL

Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM

64 posts, read 49,207 times
Thanks for your words. Yes, Ive never been expose to something like that before. What I don't understand is why the store employee would followed me to my car to yell and take pictures of my car tag, is this something I should be concerned of? All my personal information is linked to my car tag. Sorry for the dumb question .. I feel like our personal information is not safe anymore

Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,260,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
And having spent years in retail, I'm betting the other side is a doozy.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:53 AM

983 posts, read 999,752 times
Actually the same thing happened to me years ago in downtown Seattle near the Pike Place Market. I was looking at some merchandise, with the shopkeeper right by me. Then I said "Well, thanks for your help." He then told me to put back the merchandise. I said I did, it's right there, and showed him.

He then demanded I empty my pockets and threatened to call the police. I needed to catch my bus, I was dressed like a commuter and not a bum. Finally I said I was going to call the police myself and tell them I was being unlawfully detained and threatened.

The shopkeeper let me go, and I never went in that place again.

So I can see how a misunderstanding can happen.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:09 AM

22,710 posts, read 47,922,292 times
IheartWA, you story is quite credible and I am sorry that happened to you, but it is NOT like the OP's at all.

The OP was not stopped at the store.

The OP was not accused of taking merchandise, rather they said they were accused of not putting "the concealer samples back on its place". By the description, the merchandise was in the store but not in the right place. That is backed up by the fact that the employee did not ask the OP to empty pockets or the like.

The OP was followed to her car... yes, the employee left her store and walked all the way outside with a camera. That is not the norm at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships